aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

It annoys me when their relation ship status changes 5. Times a week and on every one people hurdling around them asking 20 questions just attention seeking when they always change it . Even more when they change it at married to someone who's just a mate as they think they are funny buggers, cringe worthy .

Write a fucking facebook status about it.

I recently felt obliged to connect with a bunch of otherwise very pleasant folk from a rig I worked on for a year and a half and now my facebook feed regularly pops with up bouts of xenophobic Broken-Britain pish from people who make boatloads of $$$.

Write a fucking facebook status about it.

I recently felt obliged to connect with a bunch of otherwise very pleasant folk from a rig I worked on for a year and a half and now my facebook feed regularly pops with up bouts of xenophobic Broken-Britain pish from people who make boatloads of $$$.

Same here - some rare fucking wankers online. It's amazing how much cretins seem to think their opinion is worth. I'm always tempted to start sharing some Westboro Baptist shite - "THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS" etc, just to piss them off.

xx

People probably stick with the default 'single' status on facebook because actually going out of your way to tell the internet you're 'in a relationship' is really fucking - if you'll permit me to use the more modern definition - gay. Or, alternatively, cunty.

Next you'll be telling me it's "cunty" to wear a wedding ring. The nerve of some folk, advertising their relationship status to the whole offline world.

People probably stick with the default 'single' status on facebook because actually going out of your way to tell the internet you're 'in a relationship' is really fucking - if you'll permit me to use the more modern definition - gay. Or, alternatively, cunty.

Why is there anything wrong with that? Are you not allowed to tell anyone your in a relationship just incase you upset the single people? I guess weddings come under the same bracket? 

I've got no problem with telling people if you're in a relationship or not. I just think the official unveiling of a relationship on Facebook is fucking naff.

OMG CONGRATZ YOU TICKED A BOX ON THE INTERNET!!!! MUST BE LOVE.

Cunty.

your missing my point.

im not saying they should declare it on fb. what i'm saying is remove it completely. your not single hence its stupid to have it saying you are single since thats a blatant fucking lie. if you remove it from your profile no one gets notified it doesnt appear on your newsfeed so its not looking for attention.

your missing my point.

im not saying they should declare it on fb. what i'm saying is remove it completely. your not single hence its stupid to have it saying you are single since thats a blatant fucking lie. if you remove it from your profile no one gets notified it doesnt appear on your newsfeed so its not looking for attention.

If that essay showed up on my Facebook wall, I'd post it in this thread. Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook insists on showing me pictures and videos that my friends liked or commented on, my newsfeed is becoming about 50% "funny" pictures. Instead of reading my friends updates it's becoming more like browsing 9gag. It's really spoiling Facebook IMO. That and inspirational quotes. So many quotes. "In your life, you will find one person who loves you more than any other. Someone who will love you with every part of their energy and soul. Someone who will sacrifice everything for you. Some day you will know who that is. Sometimes, people realize who it was". What? That means nothing. Eat my ass.

One of my friends is living out her break up on Facebook. Every day she posts these pictures with text on them like "loving the wrong person doesn't mean you were stupid. It was stupid of that person not to appreciate your love" and "you didn't love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe she was just good for your ego. Maybe she made you feel better about your life. But you didn't love her. BECAUSE YOU DONT DESTROY SOMETHING YOU LOVE". And "Now we're back to how we began. Strangers." And "without you every day is a rainy day. I miss you". Every day she posts this crap. And this is a 34 year old woman, not some lovesick teenager, and they were only dating for like 6 months tops. Meanwhile her ex boyfriend posts his usual stuff and gives not one fuck. It's quite amusing. I put her on my ignore list eventually.

This could either be in this thread, or the ace-ic thread.

Got a lovely message this morning from my girl friends ex, warning me that unless i removed the pictures of his dogs from my facebook page i would be having a hospital visit soon. Turns out he didnt find it amusing when i replied with "i dont have pictures of your mum on my page" Apparently he knows where my flat is and knows where i walk my dog so i should be watching my back when im outside. 

I love people like that, i have no idea why you would be so stupid as to threaten someone over something like FB. Anyway, Izzy pup would ruin the cunt if he came near me, you dont mess with a 3.5kg Chihuahua.