aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

Dunno about the other ones, but the Blink 182 one is definitely true.

Oh I didn't mean to say that or the other stuff attributed to the rocks bands isn't true. I meant the Justin Beiber and One Direction stuff it's being compared to. I'm sure Blink and Nirvana and all those other groups are all great bunches of lads. I'm not quite buying the other guys being evil, cancer patient hating, spitting on fans cunts

Edited by Paranoid Android

You're right about the management, that was my first thought too. I'm sure their management are clever enough to know what would be terrible PR for the group.

On Beiber I remember there being a big fuss in the papers when he visited Anne Frank's house, people got incensed just by him suggesting she would have liked his music. I think if he had said "rape happens for a reason" some attention would have been given to that too.

You're right about the management, that was my first thought too. I'm sure their management are clever enough to know what would be terrible PR for the group.

On Beiber I remember there being a big fuss in the papers when he visited Anne Frank's house, people got incensed just by him suggesting she would have liked his music. I think if he had said "rape happens for a reason" some attention would have been given to that too.

He was quoted as saying that but it wasn't what he said: http://www.avclub.com/article/emrolling-stoneem-clarifies-that-justin-bieber-doe-52008

not nice ones lol.

right ok i have another question.i know a lot of people are gonna turn around and say "ugh facebook is lame" but anyways...

so i know 5 different people right now all of who[m] are in relationships granted its not long term or deadly serious or anything but all 5 have been dating their partner somewhere between 5 & 8 months and as far as i'm aware hope to have a future with that partner (if things dont get fucked up along the way) they date they fuck they are "exclusive" to one another (ie they dont date/fuck other people)

all 5 have their relationship status as "single"

i dont understand it.

dont get me wrong i totally get that if your status was set to single then you might not wana change it to "is now in a relationship with ___" but that doesnt explain to me why they cant just remove it completely. so it says nothing "relationship status" just doesnt appear.

i dont have my relationship status on facebook,i never have (i have very little personal info on there)

but i do think it's a little misleading to have it set to "single" when you've been fucking & dating the same one person for 5+ months.

does anyone else share my opinion or does no one really give a shit. placing bets on the latter.

Edited by Little Green

Misleading to who? Hawk-eyed relationship predators, seeking a companion. "She's single. Home in!" only to find out it was a ruse, and they are actually shacked up?

I don't think it matters. And monogamy isn't cool anymore with the youngsters, which might be a factor. When I was young, lads bragged about having a girlfriend, and if you didn't have a girlfriend, you were fugly, or something. Now, the youths are boasting about their singledom.

It's just covering their backs for when they get the opportunity to shag about. They didn't do no wrong, because Facebook says single.

meh idk i rarely put personal stuff on there and i'd agree with the statement about not updating but the 5 i'm talking about do update it like one of them updated their new job on the first day they started the job O.o

lol @ your last comment though that could be a fair point.

and no not to predators i guess i just dont get the secrecy i mean theres a different between it not being there and it saying the complete opposite of the truth.

its like when people lie - technically it's not lying if you just omit details bc your not actually saying stuff that's untrue.

i'm surpised there's definately 2 of the 5 i thought would love to change their status for the whole of facebook to see.

maybe i'm just used to crap appearing on my newsfeed i swear there's people that change their relationship status on fb more than i change my..... socks.....

maybe it's  a trick to get more 3 some's on the go ;P

ah fellow furry cupper

the immense effort to extract all the information of facebooks profile relation statuses, mull it over in your head and post it on a quick questions thread to try and get advice from strangers, is still very creepy no mater if you are gay or straight.

Edited by fatboy
  • Upvote 1