aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

This could either be in this thread, or the ace-ic thread.

Got a lovely message this morning from my girl friends ex, warning me that unless i removed the pictures of his dogs from my facebook page i would be having a hospital visit soon. Turns out he didnt find it amusing when i replied with "i dont have pictures of your mum on my page" Apparently he knows where my flat is and knows where i walk my dog so i should be watching my back when im outside. 

I love people like that, i have no idea why you would be so stupid as to threaten someone over something like FB. Anyway, Izzy pup would ruin the cunt if he came near me, you dont mess with a 3.5kg Chihuahua. 

...pictures of his dog? You can't just leave that one hanging... why do you have pictures of his dog?!

xx

Facebook insists on showing me pictures and videos that my friends liked or commented on, my newsfeed is becoming about 50% "funny" pictures. Instead of reading my friends updates it's becoming more like browsing 9gag. It's really spoiling Facebook IMO.

This is annoying. Most of what I see now is people liking or commenting on a Buzzfeed article/video links, or something similar. And a comment is simply just a way of tagging someone in now. If you think they'll like it so much, post the link on their wall, or PM them the link. Arse.

Or someone will post a status update, and then they'll respond to comments on that status, so it pushes it right up to the top because "so-and-so commented on this", so you'll often see every status update at least twice.

I log in to Facebook less and less these days, other than to talk to my Dad and sister.

Because the missus shares them with him. They got two dogs when they were together, they split, and have one of those stupid set ups where the dogs spend weekends at his when he is onshore. Apparently its not cool for me to be around the dogs.

that is kinda weird. its like shared custodey with dogs instead of children O.o

Facebook insists on showing me pictures and videos that my friends liked or commented on, my newsfeed is becoming about 50% "funny" pictures. Instead of reading my friends updates it's becoming more like browsing 9gag. It's really spoiling Facebook IMO. That and inspirational quotes. So many quotes. "In your life, you will find one person who loves you more than any other. Someone who will love you with every part of their energy and soul. Someone who will sacrifice everything for you. Some day you will know who that is. Sometimes, people realize who it was". What? That means nothing. Eat my ass.

One of my friends is living out her break up on Facebook. Every day she posts these pictures with text on them like "loving the wrong person doesn't mean you were stupid. It was stupid of that person not to appreciate your love" and "you didn't love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe she was just good for your ego. Maybe she made you feel better about your life. But you didn't love her. BECAUSE YOU DONT DESTROY SOMETHING YOU LOVE". And "Now we're back to how we began. Strangers." And "without you every day is a rainy day. I miss you". Every day she posts this crap. And this is a 34 year old woman, not some lovesick teenager, and they were only dating for like 6 months tops. Meanwhile her ex boyfriend posts his usual stuff and gives not one fuck. It's quite amusing. I put her on my ignore list eventually.

lmfao omg i'm actually laughing out loud this made my day XD thank you!!!!

it's when people post aviccii (or other chavy shit) lyrics "oh if the sky comes falling down...." someone quoting myley cyrus lyrics "all i wanted was you to let me in" no no no :mad:

someone shared this pic today it came up on my newsfeed

1546464_10152100614052552_1683446683_n.j

the disgust

"hot quines gan oot we ugly loons kuz they have a big nudger... could imagine me gan oot we a stinker and my pals sayin "shes a fukin rat y u gan we her" n me replyin "aye kuz shes got a tight fanny" lol"

"Lettin a white person across i road but nae lettin a Pakistani wifee across i road, shoulda seen i look on her face hahahahaaha im in knots"

A 'friend' has been liking this lovely gentleman's stati recently.

• Upvote 1

"hot quines gan oot we ugly loons kuz they have a big nudger... could imagine me gan oot we a stinker and my pals sayin "shes a fukin rat y u gan we her" n me replyin "aye kuz shes got a tight fanny" lol"

"Lettin a white person across i road but nae lettin a Pakistani wifee across i road, shoulda seen i look on her face hahahahaaha im in knots"

A 'friend' has been liking this lovely gentleman's stati recently.

By 'friend' do you mean you've given him the facebook-body-swerve?

• 2 weeks later...

There's fuck all wrong with some #necknomination activity, if approached in the correct way!

I've got a friend from Uni on facebook who is now the wife of another friend from back home. She is the single most boring person on the internet, but I keep her around to lift my spirits when I'm down. She's a nice girl but fuck me, it's some boring shit and frighteningly middle class. The worst one ever which had me in bits was something along the lines of "sitting down to some fresh pasta after a fraught day of DIY"

Recently there was "Posh tea and homemade brownies... Heaven!!"

There's another girl who again, is nice enough in person, but who can't write a status without an accompanying photo of her posing, in exactly the same pose with the same expression, just in a different location/outfit. She seems to spend her whole life drinking champagne and refers to it as bubbles, so Every status is "Tigerlily bubbles!" and her in a bar called Tigerlily, or "Celebration bubbles!" and her our celebrating some inane shit. I can't even explain why but it gives me the fury!

The Most Boring Person I Have On Facebook has posted some inane gold recently.

One, posted just after another despite there being an edit button right on the page, said this, "Also , I could really have done without an elderly man (who had previously seemed quite nice) being rude to me. I still don't even understand what happened , because he seemed to go on to say exactly the same thing that I'd just said !! I watched him say absolutely nothing to some very controversial comments which were made by a man. Seems to tell me everything I need to know about his attitude to women. I'm disgusted."

I still don't even understand what happened and I read that one about ten times.

Then from tonight, "I wore my bargain ,charity shop, fur gilet today. I bought it in Withington on a lovely trip last October."

• Upvote 1