aberdeen-music

Social Network Hall of Shame

Soda Jerk

You know what the man hates? Playing by his rules! Yeah! Fuck you the man!!

Isn't Sandi Thom the man here? She wrote a song specifically crafted to appeal to Radio 2's musical rules, and in a fit of punx Radio 2 said "you know what Sandi, this sounds exactly like a Radio 2 song - but we're gonna add Kerosene* by Big Black** instead. Don't tell us what to do!!"

*Beige

**by Coldplay

• Upvote 2

Worse.

"Happy birthday Gran, you would have been 74 today, I know you're up there driving all the angels crazy singing Cher and drinking Taboo".

Oh those fuckers are the WORST. I can deal with "This would have been my Gran's birthday and she was a swell old bird and not nearly as racist as you'd expect a 74y/o to be so this is a bittersweet time for me..." statuses, because at least they're actually directed at their audience. These fucking facebook statuses aimed into the fucking aether like some kind of trans-mortal soliloquy can eat a bag of infected dicks. Take your public private introspection and poke it up your fucking pisshole - sharing it doesn't make you look spiritual and deep, it makes you look like an arsehole.

xx

• Upvote 5

'Happy birthday Gran. She would have been 74 today. She would have also been on facebook posting this majorly groundbreaking and inciteful article about islamophobia today. Wake up sheeple. By posting this i'm showing how in-the-know I am on such matters. It doesn't matter that the 'article' i'm posting is literally just a screenshot of a tweet by someone i don't even follow with a clickbait title, riddled with pop up ads, created with the sole intention of generating traffic by latching onto a major event'

• Upvote 2

'Happy birthday Gran. She would have been 74 today. She would have also been on facebook posting this majorly groundbreaking and inciteful article about islamophobia today. Wake up sheeple. By posting this i'm showing how in-the-know I am on such matters. It doesn't matter that the 'article' i'm posting is literally just a screenshot of a tweet by someone i don't even follow with a clickbait title, riddled with pop up ads, created with the sole intention of generating traffic by latching onto a major event'

Hah, so true, so true.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...