aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guest Giles Walker
Is it possible to ban Giles Walker from the 'Pictures that make you actually laugh aloud' thread?

I could impose a ban on myself if you guys could start upping your game with the pictures.

Especially you Bob, you seem like a sour, unfunny man.

• Upvote 2

A few questions about Mars:

what's the temperature/climate? Does it have seasons?

Plate tectonics - do they work in the same way as on earth? - They've only just discovered that there are plate tectonics I think, previously noone know how mountains were formed.

Has this Rover thing found anything decent yet, other than taking 360 instagrams with a sepia filter. (pretty and mind-blowing though they may be)?

I realise I could easily find this information elsewhere but fuck it - someone else tell me please.

It has seasons, polar ice caps, clouds and all sorts of things that are very similar to Earth but it's much colder over there. -55ºC is the average temperature, apparently.

I don't know much about the rover. It passed me by because of all the sport that was going on at the time it landed.

Ice caps? Surely not?

Yeah, they reckon the Earth used to be similar to Mars. As the planets in our solar system are constantly moving closer to the Sun (or is the Sun expanding?) they reckon conditions change over billions of years. Therefore, as Mars gets closer to the Sun, it’s conditions will change, and it will be able to support life like Earth can.

Or something.

I didn't do Physics ever.

I'm looking into buying a guitar from the land of high school shootings and red necks. However I have no clue what so ever about import tax or any of that. How much is import tax likely to set me back?

This is useful. Surprise! They're gonna tax the shipping and insurance costs.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Americans are all about FREEDOM though, so just mention that the import duties are gonna kill you and they'll probably put a fake 'official' price on it.

• Upvote 1