aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Americans are all about FREEDOM though, so just mention that the import duties are gonna kill you and they'll probably put a fake 'official' price on it.

That's all well and good, but if something happens in transit, you'll only get insurance on the declared value. Also, it's fraud and HMRC aren't as stupid as you think they are. Little stuff you might get away with, but there's no way a guitar is going to sneak under their noses.

That's all well and good, but if something happens in transit, you'll only get insurance on the declared value. Also, it's fraud and HMRC aren't as stupid as you think they are. Little stuff you might get away with, but there's no way a guitar is going to sneak under their noses.

Dunno like, allowing RFC to build up a mountain of taxes and not pay them is pretty stupid.

Yes, the insurance is a slight gamble.

As for HMRC, I suggest buying custom stuff... no RRP, no dice.

Where's the best deals for guitar and amp parts?

Looking to replace the Gibson stock on my SG for Gotoh or Grover. Both bridge parts and tuners, and two Celestion Greenback 12" speakers. Had a good browse around but hoping to find anywhere else to look before i make a purchase in case i miss out on a good deal.

I've found eBay to be pretty good for various parts. Do yr research on exactly what you want, then get hunting.

• Upvote 1

What complications does changing the bridge on a Telecaster involve?

I've currently got one of the new school six saddle ones but I'm looking to change it for a 3 saddle vintage ashtray style one.

Why do you want to change it to a 3 saddle one? It should just be a case of changing like for like, so I doubt there would be any complications.

Why do you want to change it to a 3 saddle one? It should just be a case of changing like for like, so I doubt there would be any complications.

I'm not sure if I'm definitely going to change it to a three saddle one but I'm planning on upgrading all the hardware on my tele and I was just wondering if there would be any issues with changing the type of bridge.

What complications does changing the bridge on a Telecaster involve?

I've currently got one of the new school six saddle ones but I'm looking to change it for a 3 saddle vintage ashtray style one.

Do what I did: buy a bridge and borrow a drill, make a total abortive, ham-fisted cunt of it, cry a bit because your beloved Tele looks like Swiss cheese, then take it to neepheid and get him to fix it :up:

• Upvote 1

tele pursuits like the 3 saddles but there is always a compromise in intonation. what wrong with the 6 saddle?

Nothing is wrong with the 6 saddle, like you said though tele purists harp on about how much better the 3 saddle bridges are. I'm just researching before I pick up new hardware.

Plans for pedestrian zones in Aberdeen city centre : Evening Express

ABERDEEN’S Union Street could be pedestrianised under bold new regeneration plans, the Evening Express can reveal today.

Wasn't this already happening? I swear this was put through a few years ago and approved, and I thought the point of them widening Market Street was to prepare for the increase in traffic from Union Street being pedestrianised. Did I just imagine that whole thing? Help me Cool Thinker.

Plans for pedestrian zones in Aberdeen city centre : Evening Express

Wasn't this already happening? I swear this was put through a few years ago and approved, and I thought the point of them widening Market Street was to prepare for the increase in traffic from Union Street being pedestrianised. Did I just imagine that whole thing? Help me Cool Thinker.

They planned it all then it got quietly dropped after an election I think. Probably because the council had run out of money and was cutting public services left right and centre.

I've never been into the palce that used to be Jumpin' Jacks/Oscars but it always looked from the outside like it'd be a pretty awesome building. Is it?

It was pretty swish when it was Oscars, which was upstairs. I was only ever in the downstairs of Jumpin' Jaks which was a pretty generic looking nightclub and you couldn't really see the features for all the chavs. One of the worst places I ever went out in Aberdeen. On the few occasions I was in there were fights going on in every direction, people getting dragged out by the face, people starting on the bouncers, shouting abuse at the bar staff etc. Not just a handful of isolated incidents either, it was every person, everywhere. Chaos. There seemed to be an ambulance and / or police van permanently parked out front on a Friday and Saturday. Ghastly place.