aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I bought a record off Amazon. It was a fair bit more than I wanted to pay for it, but I couldn't find it anywhere else. The day after (when I was a little more sober) I had second thoughts, and cancelled it, as I could probably do with the money until I get paid. Amazon refunded me, and that was that. Today, I recieved the record. They obviously arranged the refund, but didn't stop the order from being processed and sent. Do I be a good samaritan and send it back as to repay all the awesome customer service Amazon have dealt to me over the past few years, or do I claim it as SWAG?

I bought a record off Amazon. It was a fair bit more than I wanted to pay for it, but I couldn't find it anywhere else. The day after (when I was a little more sober) I had second thoughts, and cancelled it, as I could probably do with the money until I get paid. Amazon refunded me, and that was that. Today, I recieved the record. They obviously arranged the refund, but didn't stop the order from being processed and sent. Do I be a good samaritan and send it back as to repay all the awesome customer service Amazon have dealt to me over the past few years, or do I claim it as SWAG?

Get in touch first. You never know. They might go "sorry for the hassle, keep it."

Yeah, you should definitely get in touch with them at least. Good things for good things 'n' all.

Do you guys ever notice money going missing in your account, only for it to return a few days later? On Saturday, my Current Balance said £80, and my Available to withdraw Balance said £80. On Sunday, the current was still £80, but the available balance was something like £4.00. WTF? Why are no money? It's been stuck at £4.00 all week, and I've been waiting for my statement to update to see what the hell has come off my account. Then this morning, it's back to £80.

It's like the bank just borrowed my money for 4 days. Interest free. The gave it back. Didn't even say thankyou. DICKS.

Do you guys ever notice money going missing in your account, only for it to return a few days later? On Saturday, my Current Balance said £80, and my Available to withdraw Balance said £80. On Sunday, the current was still £80, but the available balance was something like £4.00. WTF? Why are no money? It's been stuck at £4.00 all week, and I've been waiting for my statement to update to see what the hell has come off my account. Then this morning, it's back to £80.

It's like the bank just borrowed my money for 4 days. Interest free. The gave it back. Didn't even say thankyou. DICKS.

Hmm strange, whats your account number and sort code? I might need the number on the back of the card as well.

• Upvote 4

I've noticed this before. I was once charged £25 quid for not having enough money to pay a a £20 direct debit despite my account having more than enough in it to pay it but an available balance of only £2.00. Is there not someone that posts on here that's a banker?

I think Chave (I forget which one, if there even are two of them) and/or Spoonie may have once worked in a bank and therefore may know some stuff.

Dave used to work for a high street bank. I think Spoonie works in the more evil part.

I just stare at a screen and occasionally pretend I've fixed something.

How do I rip a DVD to an .avi or .mp4 format with a program that will cost me £0.00? I've downloaded a couple of pieces of software, where it starts to rip, then it says "right, we've ripped 20 minutes of this DVD. That was good of us. Now you have to pay money for the rest, you pirating little cunt" and I just don't wanna pay. I need that money to throw at hookers.

How do I rip a DVD to an .avi or .mp4 format with a program that will cost me £0.00? I've downloaded a couple of pieces of software, where it starts to rip, then it says "right, we've ripped 20 minutes of this DVD. That was good of us. Now you have to pay money for the rest, you pirating little cunt" and I just don't wanna pay. I need that money to throw at hookers.

pirate63.gif