aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Rice that was boiled, quickly cooled (in cold water), then fried, cooled again, kept sealed and in the fridge for 24 hours. OK to eat? It's been kept sealed and refrigerated but it has technically been cooled and reheated once before. I know you have to be wary with rice.

No, not okay to eat. When heating and cooling, you need to take the temperatures to make sure it was done safely.

Pft as long as you heat it properly you will be fine, i regularly re-heat a chinese take away later on the same night or the next day, including the rice, never once made myself ill, people are too uptight about re-heating food.

Yeah but you're only reheating it once, which is fine. The problem with rice is that the bacteria in it which can cause food poisoning can survive cooking. Reheating more than once is a bad idea.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51&SubCategoryID=215

How many times has been heated before it gets to me? The rice will be boiled first, then cooled, then fried, then likely cooled and re-heated before it gets to me, i then let it cool, usually by leaving it on the living room floor, it then goes into the fridge, most likely 3/4 hours after its been delivered to me. Hardly looking after it in any kinda way.

Yeah but you're only reheating it once, which is fine. The problem with rice is that the bacteria in it which can cause food poisoning can survive cooking. Reheating more than once is a bad idea.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51&SubCategoryID=215

Yeah this is what's got me thinking, I cooled it between boiling it and frying it so technically its been cooled and reheated once. So I dunno. Might just chuck it out. Annoying tho because it was fucking good and its all over the remains of my foo yung which I've been looking forward to all day.

I'm sure you're all desperate to hear the latest installment in my dinner plans. Well I decided to take the safe option and not eat the rice. So I had a smoke then went for a walk to see if there were any decent takeaways nearby. Then I spent so long deliberating what I wanted before settling on the super-exciting chips and curry sauce, by the time I got the grub I didn't have time to eat it.