aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Anyone had experience with one of these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowon-120GB-Portable-Media-Player/dp/B0047Z5ZEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346962588&sr=8-2

I want a new MP3 player, but there's really not much out there above 16GB. iPod classics are bum. They sound guff. iTunes is bollocks. The EU volume limiter is a cunt. Fuck them. There's very little competition for iPods when it comes to huge storage mp3 players, but I've heard decent things about the Cowon X7, and Cowon are well known for their sound quality, which is what I'm after. Even at full pelt with noise cancelling headphones, my iPod sounds toss. The playback is neither loud nor good enough. Apple are bellends.

Anyone had experience with one of these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowon-120GB-Portable-Media-Player/dp/B0047Z5ZEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346962588&sr=8-2

I want a new MP3 player, but there's really not much out there above 16GB. iPod classics are bum. They sound guff. iTunes is bollocks. The EU volume limiter is a cunt. Fuck them. There's very little competition for iPods when it comes to huge storage mp3 players, but I've heard decent things about the Cowon X7, and Cowon are well known for their sound quality, which is what I'm after. Even at full pelt with noise cancelling headphones, my iPod sounds toss. The playback is neither loud nor good enough. Apple are bellends.

They're good.

• Upvote 1

Why does everyone hate on iTunes so much? I have never understood it. It does everything I want it to do, stores my music in an organised fashion and allows me to update my iPod with the tracks I want on it. What do people want to be doing with iTunes that they're unable to do?

I hate iTunes because it constantly fucks up the organisation of my music folder. It's also slow and cumbersome and needs constantly updated. Can't be fucked with it. Sharepod is quick, is stored on the iPod itself so I can import music from whichever PC I'm sat in front of and doesn't constantly break my folder structure. It's not as "clever" as iTunes and definitely not as slick but it does what I want it to do and nothing more.

What do people want to be doing with iTunes that they're unable to do?

This. I never have any problems with it. I do tend to delete music from it after I've put in on my iPod though, so there's never more than 5GBs of music. It is pretty simple to use as a tool for putting music on your iPod though.

It's sluggish and it's lazily programmed. It takes fucking forever to open. It's DREADFUL when you're trying to relocate files which have been moved. It automatically converts and duplicates stuff and it makes it nigh fucking impossible to copy music from ipod back to computer.

xx

THIS.

I used to use Winamp, but it's now decided to crash itself and my ipod (meaning I need to re format it) whenever I try use it.

I used to hate Itunes, then i used it properly and i now dont use anything else, it has much better sound quality than WMP or anything else i have on my laptop, it keeps everything in an organised fasion and has actually forced me to fill out the details of the music i have on my computer which i quite like cause ive always been lazy in that respect. I always thought Ipods had great sound quality, and volume wise i have always thought if it was any louder it would actually deafen me.

It's sluggish and it's lazily programmed. It takes fucking forever to open. It's DREADFUL when you're trying to relocate files which have been moved. It automatically converts and duplicates stuff and it makes it nigh fucking impossible to copy music from ipod back to computer.

xx

Yep, this is my problem. The constant updates and taking a day and a half to open and close, and how it just tosses music all over the place, changes the name of stuff, dicks about with the order of songs. I just use it as infrequently as possible and is not my main gripe with the iPod. The main gripe with the iPod is that the sound quality is bogus. I only got one because my Creative Zen finally stopped working after 6 glorious years. That thing sounded shit hot. Creative make great wares, but they don't go beyond 16gb players these days. Neither do I-River, which are also great, but too small.

I've got a pretty large music collection and my ancient laptop copes just fine. I've never had an issue with getting artwork or proper song names either. The songs being in the wrong order is probably down to how you've got your library sorted. You do need to update every couple of weeks but it keeps it running smooth.

I really like using itunes, it's simple and there's no faffing about. I also like that if I want to buy some new music, I have the option to have it downloaded to my library straight away, instead of fucking about opening a zipped file, then having to add it manually to my library.

I cannot wait until I can upgrade my phone, my HTC is fucking shit and is such an effort - uploading music, photos etc... to my iphone was really easy. I don't go anywhere without my ipod either - I've had other mp3 players, but none compare.