aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

You been learning your banking control from Jake?

Urgh. Definitely not. I'm pretty OTT anal about money leaving my account, so that's why I'm pulling my hair out about where my money went, even though it has now returned and the problem is essentially resolved. It's not over until I find out what happened. Who took it? WAS IT YOU?!

Urgh. Definitely not. I'm pretty OTT anal about money leaving my account, so that's why I'm pulling my hair out about where my money went, even though it has now returned and the problem is essentially resolved. It's not over until I find out what happened. Who took it? WAS IT YOU?!

If i stole your money, you'd never see it again, it would have been invested into my Holly Valance tattoo by now.

• Upvote 2

Can you claim money from the council if you trip and hurt yourself on their pavements?

My grandmother's fair smacked her head off the pavement thanks to a fuck-off massive tree lifting all the stones up. Anything we can do about it?

I'm thinking the answer is "no" since she's not missing out on work money etc.

Can you claim money from the council if you trip and hurt yourself on their pavements?

My grandmother's fair smacked her head off the pavement thanks to a fuck-off massive tree lifting all the stones up. Anything we can do about it?

She'd probably just stash any compensation money in a biscuit tin or something anyway.

• Upvote 1

She could still get compensation regardless of whether she works or not. But you'd have to prove that the Council were negligent in allowing the pavement to be dangerous. Which means either proving that they had previously been told it was dangerous, or that they could reasonably be considered to have known it was dangerous,but failed to do anything about it. If it's a tree lifting the stones then it could be argued that this hasn't happened overnight so they should have been aware of it. Might be worth a try. Take photos showing what they should have been aware of, then write to them in the strongest terms, and demand some compensation. It'll probably get a polite 'fuck off' back, but they might just offer something to make you go away. If not you could then try taking it further with legal help.

• Upvote 1

She could still get compensation regardless of whether she works or not. But you'd have to prove that the Council were negligent in allowing the pavement to be dangerous. Which means either proving that they had previously been told it was dangerous, or that they could reasonably be considered to have known it was dangerous,but failed to do anything about it. If it's a tree lifting the stones then it could be argued that this hasn't happened overnight so they should have been aware of it. Might be worth a try. Take photos showing what they should have been aware of, then write to them in the strongest terms, and demand some compensation. It'll probably get a polite 'fuck off' back, but they might just offer something to make you go away. If not you could then try taking it further with legal help.

Thanks for the help. We'll look into it further.

I know it's your gran and I'm sorry she got hurt but does she really need or deserve money from this? Accidents happen. National Accident Helpline, Claims Direct and all this American suing shite can fuck right off.

Well, no, but at the very least I'd like them to deal with the shitty pavements... I don't think she gives a shit about the money, it's more than she's now fucked up her hip again and can't really stand for too long now.