aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I too am working (as you can tell). These are the days I set aside for getting a heap of stuff out of the way as I'm not being bothered by external nuisances. I often spend much of the day procrastinating/internet browsing but I've done a power of work this morning.

Another pet hate from the weekend (christ this one is going to sound whiny and middle class) - the international market. The fucked exchange rate has ruined it, now it's just a total rip off rather than a fun way to spend an afternoon stuffing your face.

Another pet hate from the weekend (christ this one is going to sound whiny and middle class) - the international market. The fucked exchange rate has ruined it, now it's just a total rip off rather than a fun way to spend an afternoon stuffing your face.

I think it's great that Aberdeen can attract the vendor of the most expensive olives in the world to our International Market.

Planning on holding up a Post Office or summit?

:up:

I don't think you'd have much success with some filo pastry and pistachio nuts on your head instead of a wooly hat.

I was trying to think of a suitable Alan Cynic type pun to go along with this but the best I could come up with was it'd be more of a sticky bun up than a stick up...

I was trying to think of a suitable Alan Cynic type pun to go along with this but the best I could come up with was it'd be more of a sticky bun up than a stick up...

Ha, I was doing the exact same and can't either. However, I do like your idea of holding up a post office with a baklava and getting them to phyllo up your money bag, I really think you Ottoman...

I am genuinely sorry.

Have prices really gone up that much? That's a shame. It's been a while since I've been but really used to like the market. The smoked and Mexican chilli cashews were delightful. Used to pick up huge bags of each for around 5.00, which wasn't too bad considering how expensive it is for cashews in the shops. That was a couple of years ago, though.

4 for a small portion of noodles made for a sad lunch break yesterday.

I liked it better when this bit of the forum used to be called The Wasteland and it was all frothy stuff like 'what's your top five soups' or 'who would you invite to a dinner party'. Now you pop on here for a wee browse around when you're having a cup of tea and it's all soiled tampons and unplanned pregnancy.

You come on for a little bit of light relief and you're left reading about some fucking harrowing nightmare. It's like going to rent Toy Story from Blockbusters and getting in to find they've given you Angela's Ashes by mistake.

• Upvote 1

The key pad on my phone has stopped working all of a sudden, I leave it a bloody hour and then go to read a text and nothing... So it's off to Sony Ericsson it goes and I'm not sure if it's still covered by the warranty. Bollocks. It's annoying how much I need a phone!!