aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

:laughing:

Someone used the old "have you got kids?" one years ago when I was on jury duty. Telling her "no, life's about choices" didn't go down too well...

Anyway, I suggest you give the Social Work Department a call about a case of child neglect, if only to put the shits up the patronising hoorbag. Let me know how you get on.

:up:

I'm still liking the fact that my manager got a complaint about an hour or so earlier after a different woman I'd told the same thing had not noticed her kid almost drowning. Manager went and told her to watch her kids more closely, having already been told to by me, and got "it doesn't matter - we're leaving in five minutes" from the mother. Manager just turned round and told her "for those five minutes, you'll have to follow the rules and watch your kids, or I'll have to ask you to leave now" She was still sitting in the foyer, reading the admission policies regarding parental supervision of children in the water when the second woman - who I had the problem with - came in! Then she asked for a complaints form as she left.

You think bad parents are rare? I argue otherwise.

HAHAHA! To be honest, the staff were ten times funnier at the pool I used to work at, but that's mostly cause there were over a thousand kids a week doing swimming lessons there and pretty much all the male staff were constantly on the perv for yummy-mummies. Oh - and watching the Anna Kornikova lookalike through the gym windows or on the CCTV. Had one guy who worked there walking round the pool once during swimming lessons and got distracted by a woman breast-feeding in the spectators area. He was watching her instead of the pool or where he was going and walked into the high chair, then fell in the pool next to all the kids - was fucking hilarious!

Oh - and the guy with the really bad stammer who we all kept asking to cover reception so he'd have to answer the phone. People kept hanging up on him by the time he'd finished saying hello. One of the funniest things ever watching him try to teach a class of kids how to swim.

Working on Morrisons King street we get the scum of the universe walking through and my god. Bad parenting comes in all forms of humans. The people who appear well off and brought up well are on par some of the worst parenting as the chavy scum i've seen. I'm not a parent and i'm not saying i would do a knock out job but we all know fine well what not to do with kids.

One particular example was 2 kids, possibly twins, very young. Each were creating chaos in their own fashion, one was trying to tip over a pile of baskets, the other was trying to open up the cupboard underneath the conveyor belt where the pc for the till is kept. The mum? completely ignoring/possibly oblivious to them doing anything. I tried to suggest she kept a closer eye of her kids without sounding too patronising or whatever. she said "yeah i'll deal with them in a second" and carried on going through her purse. what the fuck?

One more example of why birth control should be mandatory until such time as you prove you can actually cope with/raise your kids properly.

One more example of why birth control should be mandatory until such time as you prove you can actually cope with/raise your kids properly.

Nugget of wisdom from the midden - Starship Troopers had the right idea: they not only had to earn citizenship, but they had to be issued with a license to have kids. Hence the quote "I wanna have babies and it's a lot easier to get a license if you're a citizen" or something like that.

Obviously in your case the parent is disregarding her children's safety and ignorantly thinking that you are responsible for everyone in the pool.

But i honestly think like in adoption where you are investigated and checked out so see whether you are a suitable parent it should be the same for actually planning to have children. It would be impossible though, and never work or be enforcible.

True - bus stops and lambrini will always have the edge on common sense!

In John Lennon airport in Liverpool last year I was sat at a table next to a fambly of total minks. The kids were causing uproar, trying to look in my bag and shrieking loudly for attention. The fatfuck of a mum got a fright when her son squawked in her face; so much, in fact, that she got killed in the Nintendo DS game she was playing. She berated the kid loudly and in sweary terms (kid was ~4) for ruining her high score attempt.

The kid, a little boy, then ran off. The mum started shouting until he returned. When he came back she gave him a skelp on the bum and said 'Adam! Don't you fucken do that again! Remember Maddie?'

Parenting FTW.

• Upvote 1

I in short, am pro-choice with abortion, i don't think it's murder if not left too late. If some chavy, boozed up 17 yr old gets knocked up then that child is going to be brought up to the same level of ignorance and continue to decrease the average IQ. Abortion all the way! Where this idea of controlling who can and cannot have children becomes more difficult when taking into consideration religion and peoples views on abortion. If someone gets declined chances are they will do it anyway, and we can hardly rip the baby out of them.

picturing the future if plans like this ever happened comes across to me like some kind of sci-fi where the government wants to control everything that is out width their control, like Equilibrium or something.

In short its good these things will never happen, bad that stupid fucks still try to raise children.

To be fair, I'll agree with you and I know that a fuckload of people will no doubt cry out about civil liberties being breached of anyone does ever make a serious attempt to introduce said restrictions. The only parrallel I can come up with is when the RSPCA takes someone to court over animal neglect, they're often banned from keeping animals for life. Put it into to child neglect/abuse terms and a stipulation of the sentence should be forced sterilisation. At least, that's what I reckon

To be fair, I'll agree with you and I know that a fuckload of people will no doubt cry out about civil liberties being breached of anyone does ever make a serious attempt to introduce said restrictions. The only parrallel I can come up with is when the RSPCA takes someone to court over animal neglect, they're often banned from keeping animals for life. Put it into to child neglect/abuse terms and a stipulation of the sentence should be forced sterilisation. At least, that's what I reckon

Christ, the last 2 pages of this thread have been some of the funniest things I've ever read on here. Who said Waynetta Slob was a fictional character? One question though, does your proposed compulsory sterilisation apply to males as well? If we're going down the road of pointing out that some mothers are, frankly, fucking rubbish at being mothers and saying it's their own fault for not keeping their knickers on then we should also be highlighting the fact that there's a lot of useless waster doss-cunt oafs out there who should have kept Percy in their trackie bottoms...

Another thing: Compulsory sterilisation has been enforced before. Where? 1930's Germany, which is why you can't really go down that road, as tempting as it can sometimes seem. Although, there seems something wrong with a system that lets just anyone carry a baby full-term while I have to show proof of ID that I'm the home-owner at the stray's shelter if I want to get a cat.

:popcorn:

Christ, the last 2 pages of this thread have been some of the funniest things I've ever read on here. Who said Waynetta Slob was a fictional character? One question though, does your proposed compulsory sterilisation apply to males as well? If we're going down the road of pointing out that some mothers are, frankly, fucking rubbish at being mothers and saying it's their own fault for not keeping their knickers on then we should also be highlighting the fact that there's a lot of useless waster doss-cunt oafs out there who should have kept Percy in their trackie bottoms...

Another thing: Compulsory sterilisation has been enforced before. Where? 1930's Germany, which is why you can't really go down that road, as tempting as it can sometimes seem. Although, there seems something wrong with a system that lets just anyone carry a baby full-term while I have to show proof of ID that I'm the home-owner at the stray's shelter if I want to get a cat.

:popcorn:

Did you get a cat? That should be in the "Ace-ic" thread! w/pictures. Stop holding out on us.

Did you get a cat? That should be in the "Ace-ic" thread! w/pictures. Stop holding out on us.

It's something I've thought about since getting this place but I always decide not to. Would be too scared to let it out in case it got run over. More importantly, it might claw my LP's when I'm out, and I'm not having that...

:down:

It's something I've thought about since getting this place but I always decide not to. Would be too scared to let it out in case it got run over. More importantly, it might claw my LP's when I'm out, and I'm not having that...

:down:

See with me it's my home cinema set-up and guitars etc that i worry about. The missus' cat has never set foot in my flat. I'm sure she'd be ok though.

Pretty much my points against it too. I know it's impossible and Nazi like. My point isn't about abstinence but about not being allowed to have child without having to apply for the right. It is taking away civilian rights though, and if someone wanted to enforce it i think we would really see the "nazi" side of it.

Also, some babies are taken into care pretty much from birth when the mother is assessed as clearly unfit to be a parent. Which is good for people who aren't able to have their own but are able to give bratling a good start in life.

:up:

Working on Morrisons King street we get the scum of the universe walking through and my god. Bad parenting comes in all forms of humans. The people who appear well off and brought up well are on par some of the worst parenting as the chavy scum i've seen. I'm not a parent and i'm not saying i would do a knock out job but we all know fine well what not to do with kids.

One particular example was 2 kids, possibly twins, very young. Each were creating chaos in their own fashion, one was trying to tip over a pile of baskets, the other was trying to open up the cupboard underneath the conveyor belt where the pc for the till is kept. The mum? completely ignoring/possibly oblivious to them doing anything. I tried to suggest she kept a closer eye of her kids without sounding too patronising or whatever. she said "yeah i'll deal with them in a second" and carried on going through her purse. what the fuck?

This kind of shit fucks me right off. Having worked in busy restaurants for the past couple of years, it's opened my eyes to how ignorant some parents are. Why would you let your kids run around/lie in the middle of the floor when waiting staff are storming past with roasting hot plates/skillets/coffee cups, etc? It's just asking for a fucking scalding. And no doubt they would sue the fuck out of the place if it happened, rather than blame their own ignorance. Thankfully my last boss advised us all to 'feel free to tell the little bastards to get back in their seats, they're not in a playground'. Which I did MANY a time.

Working in a supermarket, we have to be mindless drones where the customer is always right. I feel it's perfectly within my right to tell the bastards to behave, but if a customer complained (which they definitely would) i would be fucked.

If its in the interest of the kid's safety, then surely your manager wouldn't mind you telling the ignorant pig of a parent to keep an eye on her kid, or telling the child itself to stop doing whatever its doing? Just don't mention or show how much it's pissing you off and you'll be grand :up:

One year I worked as a shelf stacker in an overstock warehouse place in Leith in the run up to Christmas. I couldn't believe how badly behaved the kids were and how little the parents would do about it. They were literally ripping the stock up and I actually heard one mother say "look, here's the (security) man coming to tell you off."

I also witnessed a squabble between two women turn into a fist fight in the middle of the store. o_O

here's a pet hate, waiters/shop staff/any customer facing person who bangs on about how crap their work is when you're a customer. we were in pittodrie house on friday night for our wedding anniversary and overall it was a brilliant experience with amazing food but we had a tool of a waiter.

i'd booked a dinner bed and breakfast deal and as we were checking in i asked the girl at reception what was included in the deal, she advised us that the restaurant staff would keep us right which seemed fair. sat down for dinner and asked the boy to which he replied "don't ask me, i'm just a waiter". brilliant. he then spent the whole evening telling us he hates the place, he couldn't stand doing breakfasts, business has been declining, etc. the worst bit was when i ordered a cappucino and he made a face and said "oh no, i wish you hadn't ordered that. i don't know how to make them". i asked if he was new but he said he'd worked there a year and a half but just always got someone else to make them for him. i suggested he watch them carefully next time and maybe take some notes, got a telling off from my wife for that one.

it was the only down note on an otherwise superb meal, frankly you don't spend a whole night badmouthing a place to customers who've spent a reasonable amount of their monthly budget on a night there, then try and tell me you can't make a fucking frothy coffee.

it was the only down note on an otherwise superb meal, frankly you don't spend a whole night badmouthing a place to customers who've spent a reasonable amount of their monthly budget on a night there, then try and tell me you can't make a fucking frothy coffee.

Did you complain about him? Surely you complained about him? Didn't you?

Did you complain about him? Surely you complained about him? Didn't you?

Don't be silly, people don't complain about bad customer service when it happens. They just store it up and bitch here instead.

Seriously unless it really destroyed my night I doubt I'd ever pluck up the cojones to complain about a waiter at a restaurant.

It's probably why customer service continues to be diabolical, because no one complains about the shit jobs that couldn't-care-less twats are doing. I complained about the advisor who opened my bank account being a clueless dick wash, and the bank gave me 150. Folk who don't complain are suckers.

sat down for dinner and asked the boy to which he replied "don't ask me, i'm just a waiter". brilliant. he then spent the whole evening telling us he hates the place, he couldn't stand doing breakfasts, business has been declining, etc. the worst bit was when i ordered a cappucino and he made a face and said "oh no, i wish you hadn't ordered that. i don't know how to make them". i asked if he was new but he said he'd worked there a year and a half but just always got someone else to make them for him. i suggested he watch them carefully next time and maybe take some notes, got a telling off from my wife for that one.

That's brilliant. Seriously, I'd have just enjoyed the live comedy from this guy. At least he was being himself, I hate it when the waiter fawns around calling you "sir" when all you want to do is enjoy good food and good company and be left to do so.

Pittodrie House, we're there!

:)

It's probably why customer service continues to be diabolical, because no one complains about the shit jobs that couldn't-care-less twats are doing. I complained about the advisor who opened my bank account being a clueless dick wash, and the bank gave me 150. Folk who don't complain are suckers.

Complained to Vodafone cause I couldn't text and got a free upgrade and my bill cut in half... Wouldn't say no to free money tho

That's brilliant. Seriously, I'd have just enjoyed the live comedy from this guy. At least he was being himself, I hate it when the waiter fawns around calling you "sir" when all you want to do is enjoy good food and good company and be left to do so.

Pittodrie House, we're there!

:)

if he'd left us to it then it would have been fine. it was the fact he kept initiating this chat that made it so weird and annoying. if it had ruined our evening then i would have complained but as it stands it was just a bit weird. i doubt the boy will be employed much longer as folk that bad usually get found out in the end.