aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

But it'd be so much easier if people weren't total fucking idiots. THEY ARE SHAPED LIKE STAIRS.

(I get your point but it won't stop me hatin'.)

What about the ones in Asda that you put trolleys on, they're not shaped like stairs, is it acceptable to dawdle on them?

What about the ones in Asda that you put trolleys on, they're not shaped like stairs, is it acceptable to dawdle on them?

Yes, because they lock your trolley into place and if you tried steaming forward you'd smash your ribs like eggshells against the handlebars. Goddamn you, Asda, all i want to do is run upstairs and go straight to the DVDs.

When I lived in Abu Dhabi, we used to hang onto the rubber banister of the escalator from the other side and stay held on for as long as we could before dropping down to the ground. Higher you got meant the harder you were. Until one guy broke broke both his feet.

True story.

Indeed, I would need to do it when the shop was empty or something.

But then who would be there to pick your scalp out of the escalator teeth? Must be said though that for the brief moment before the escalator goes off watching an old person do the tumble dryer is magical.

Furthermore, the ones you find in airports. You get a fair wheech on those if you keep walking but folk stop on them and end up taking longer than if you walked past them.

My pet hate is dickfaces who come stomping up behind you when you're trying to relax on the escalator and huff and puff cos they can't get past. The floor is moving. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WALK.

Best not go to London...if you don't stand on the left to allow Stressed Eric to run down the right hand side they look ready to throw you down the escalator.

This thread descends ever more into 'people getting bent out of shape about something that is functioning as it should'.

Old people getting in the way, etc. That's where it's at. Pick on old people. Perhaps the proper pet hates have been used up so the thread no longer serves a purpose.

Best not go to London...if you don't stand on the left to allow Stressed Eric to run down the right hand side they look ready to throw you down the escalator.

This thread descends ever more into 'people getting bent out of shape about something that is functioning as it should'.

Old people getting in the way, etc. That's where it's at. Pick on old people. Perhaps the proper pet hates have been used up so the thread no longer serves a purpose.

You have to do that in Schipol too, stay to the left and let the folk who are about to miss their flights sprint down the right. Many, many times I've been the stressed one, as Schipol do have a tendency to change the gate number of your flight to one on the other side of the airport ten minutes before boarding.

Schipol is still my favourite airport though. I'd like to live there. Right in the middle of the airport like that guy off that film with that guy in it.

Guest idol_wild
Cunts moaning about the Pet Hates thread.

Fucking right! This thread rarely fails to please me, because I'm a miserable git and I love hating. Some of the hate and ranting on here is fucking awesome.

Fucking right! This thread rarely fails to please me, because I'm a miserable git and I love hating. Some of the hate and ranting on here is fucking awesome.

I like Pet Hates but I like the ones that are based on some irrational hatred of something. Disliking an escalator just seems a bit rubbish. That's like disliking a kettle for making hot water when you have a hot tap.

When I lived in Abu Dhabi, we used to hang onto the rubber banister of the escalator from the other side and stay held on for as long as we could before dropping down to the ground. Higher you got meant the harder you were. Until one guy broke broke both his feet.

True story.

did you write it like that because he broke both of them ?

sorry, had to be a shit cunt as i was amazed no-one else had done so :up: