aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Aye it's very odd. Somebody really doesn't like me to go to that much effort! I still don't know what I'm meant to have done. I must have said or done something offensive but as far as I know I've never knowingly discriminated against disabled people... Sure I've had a few wanks in disabled toilets, but come on, we've all done that. And there wasn't a disabled person in it at the time.

You weren't overly positive about my track on the Fudge CD...but you balanced it with a very positive Matricarians one, so I didna' greet:love:

I still haven't watched the video yet....seems a stalkeresque thing to do...maybe it's a secret, but warped, admirer.

Perhaps there was a disabled person in the lavvy, and they were smitten with your milky mitten?

Pet hate: fecking brochers.

Worse than that' date=' fecking brochers who can't drink.[/quote']

See that's not fair, I reckon I can drink a normal amount, it's just that you drink a Herculean amount and my efforts to keep up with you inevitably ended with me becoming a gibbering wreck, and almost shitting myself twice at my desk this morning.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Aye it's very odd. Somebody really doesn't like me to go to that much effort! I still don't know what I'm meant to have done. I must have said or done something offensive but as far as I know I've never knowingly discriminated against disabled people... Sure I've had a few wanks in disabled toilets, but come on, we've all done that. And there wasn't a disabled person in it at the time.

The page links to the youtube humour thread. Did you post something lolworthy involving disabled people? I see some Doug Stanthorpe in there which suggests the possibility exists.

Maybe his macho compensating masks an inner desire to get a nice file and polish from yourself o_O

Banks that put a block on your current account then send you letter to tell you about it.

My fucking bank card got confiscated at the petrol station this morning because someone tried to transfer money out of my account fraudulently and instead of phoning to tell me they sent a fucking letter that still hasn't reached me! It's a current acccount, I use it every day, a letter probably isn't the best way of telling me it's been compromised.

On the other hand I'm very grateful to them for catching the dodgy transfer before it went out and the customer service advisor I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful this morning (well the 2nd one, the first one told me to phone back in 5 minutes once the department was open) and spent ages trying to find the right person who could tell me what had happened and why. Also the fraud person I spoke to was really helpful as well.

But I'm still raging that they didn't tell me my account had been stopped.

Did you have an alternative method of payment?

A bit crap though, if you're signed up to internet banking and that they could have emailed you.

My credit card still worked, otherwise it would have been interesting to see what the attendant would have done next.

In the past when there's been suspicious activity (i.e. when I paid a 200 hydro bill in the spar) they've been really quick to phone me and ask if it was a genuine transaction. Also they're quick to phone me to try and sell me new products so I don't see how they couldn't just pick up the phone and tell me about this!

They said it was because it was an application fraud, not a transaction, so they work a bit slower but you'd have thought they still had a note of my phone number and could give it a quick buzz.

My credit card still worked, otherwise it would have been interesting to see what the attendant would have done next.

I've had that happen to me a couple of times, the first time i drove to a cash machine to get money, returned and paid.

The second time i had to fill out a form and was given 7 days to pay. It's kinda handy to know about if your stuck without money and need petrol, just fill up, try to pay knowing it's not going to work, plead ignorance and pay as soon as you can (either by borrowing or when you get paid).

Being dragged to shitty night clubs. Night clubs in general actually. This one was particularly bad, it was all check shirts and spray tans. It had a bouncy castle next to the dance floor and students drawing moustaches on each other in marker pen. I did see a couple of classic stilletto + slippery floor face-plants though which made up for it I suppose. Any club that plays Da Rude - Sandstorm whilst the entire place is going 'here we fucking go' I'm gonna avoid in the future.

Just in everything outlook word

when i highlight something it just shifts everything to the left.....grrr annoying!

That happened to someone at work recently. It's connected to Word (Outlook uses bits of Word for emails).

In Word 2007 goto the Office button, then Word Options at the button. Then Advanced from the left hand side and then the top option should be "Typing replaces elected text", make sure there is a tick in it.

For Word 200\2003 I think you need to go to Tools>Options and then the steps are similar.

1. People trying to speak to me in loud places, particularly gigs/nightclubs (it's been a few years since the latter situation arose). Speak to me outside or between songs because I CAN'T FUCKING HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. I refuse to do the "pretend to understand and make a face based on my judgement of your expression" thing anymore. It's bullshit. I will sign "can't hear you" until you give up shouting it. It will be a battle of willpower and mine is strong.

2. People that you sort of know walking in the same direction as you. Often happens around the neighbourhood of where I work. I turn the corner to walk home at lunch and a colleague is five yards ahead of me, invariably walking slower. Do I a) Pretend I don't know/recognise them and steam on by with music in my ears b) walk at the same pace as them, maintaining a five yard distance until taking a different direction at the end of the lane c) walk past them, say hows it going? steam on ahead d) walk up to them and continue the journey to the end of the lane side by side, making polite chit-chat before taking off in a direction different to them even if it is the opposite way to my house.

My root problem here appears to be a hatred of conversation and people but its not the case. Just these situations.

2. People that you sort of know walking in the same direction as you. Often happens around the neighbourhood of where I work. I turn the corner to walk home at lunch and a colleague is five yards ahead of me, invariably walking slower. Do I a) Pretend I don't know/recognise them and steam on by with music in my ears b) walk at the same pace as them, maintaining a five yard distance until taking a different direction at the end of the lane c) walk past them, say hows it going? steam on ahead d) walk up to them and continue the journey to the end of the lane side by side, making polite chit-chat before taking off in a direction different to them even if it is the opposite way to my house.

Slow down and/or cross to the other side of the road. Once there make sure you don't look in their direction just in case they happen to turn round and spot you, then you can't convincinly pretend you haven't seen them.

I used to have to do this all the time in our old office. I even took to staying back for five minutes because I kept catching people up if I left right at 5 o'clock and I'd rather listen to music than make small talk all the way home.

Just in everything outlook word

when i highlight something it just shifts everything to the left.....grrr annoying!

Try both of these:

In Word go to Tools > Options

In the General tab, make sure Help for WordPerfect users and Navigation keys for WordPerfect users are both NOT checked.

In the Edit tab, make sure that Typing replaces selection IS checked.

Machines showing instructions that are patently bollocks. I went to the new Sainsburys on Union Street at lunchtime and tried the self-service machine which actually went swimmingly until payment came. I selected pay by card then inserted the card in the bottom slot but nowt was happening. The on-screen guide seemed to be telling me to swipe the card instead, so I did that and then it told me to insert the card, which I did but still nothing. The attendant then came over, removed card, cancelled the payment, started again and inserted the card and it worked. So other than making me look a flid to the queue behind me, the instructions to swipe were wrong.

This was after negotiating the ridiculously narrow aisles full of folk and having to wait for some old biddy to stop rearranging her purse on the shelf where I was needing to put my basket to check out.

I'm nae going there again.

I also hate meeting folk I know on the train or en route to the train, it really messes my zoning out listening to music and reading routine.

I also hate meeting folk I know on the train or en route to the train, it really messes my zoning out listening to music and reading routine.

I know plenty of folk like that, myself included. I just hate bumping in ti people I know in general, unless they are a friend. If I was friends with them from a job I had about a year ago and I bump in to them: that is the worst case scenario that can come from leaving my house. Generally I just cross the road or pretend to be on the phone or something.

Oh absolutely yes, even if I really like said person. I will already have decided what I'm listening to or what I'm reading on the journey and will be looking forward to it. I do like books and music more than people generally.

Being dragged to shitty night clubs. Night clubs in general actually. This one was particularly bad, it was all check shirts and spray tans. It had a bouncy castle next to the dance floor and students drawing moustaches on each other in marker pen. I did see a couple of classic stilletto + slippery floor face-plants though which made up for it I suppose. Any club that plays Da Rude - Sandstorm whilst the entire place is going 'here we fucking go' I'm gonna avoid in the future.

sweet jesus where is this awful place, it sounds like the mecca for all pricks.....