aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't think so. Tho someone (from this website) has recently started a hate campaign about me on Youtube called Lyin' Ryan, but not had the balls to say who they are, or answer any of my emails.

Anyone care to take credit for it?

YouTube - Lyin Ryan Special Nail Advisor To The Music Stars Of The Moorings Bar

That is fucking weird. I didn't understand half of it, and it left me wondering why someone took the time to make it.

Aye it is a little bit! I've obviously annoyed someone, but I don't know who, or how. Nor do I care to be honest.

Whoever it is posts on here anyway, because all those photos are from the "Most Famousest Person You've Ever Met" thread. Oh and also he registered another account on here:

aberdeen-music - View Profile: Lyin Ryan

I thought it was Fatboy and his mates fucking around, but they claim they don't know anything about it...

That video is plain weird and just a bit creepy!! :down:

Aye it is a little bit! I've obviously annoyed someone, but I don't know who, or how. Nor do I care to be honest.

Whoever it is posts on here anyway, because all those photos are from the "Most Famousest Person You've Ever Met" thread. Oh and also he registered another account on here:

aberdeen-music - View Profile: Lyin Ryan

I thought it was Fatboy and his mates fucking around, but they claim they don't know anything about it...

Their email address will be stored and presumably their IP logged too. Let's ask the mods and start a witch hunt woo. On second thoughts I doubt anyone cares, but still. Pitchfork mobs ftw

Pet hate -> The readers of Kerrang! magazine. They should not be allowed an opinion on music until they're forced to listen to something which isn't a load of crap. This weeks cover=

1302_244x325.jpg

I rest my case. (although The DIllinger Escape Plan and Mastodon are mentioned in small print in the bottom... I've never seen them played on Kerrang tv when I've been unfortunate enough to be forced to watch it)

Pet hate -> The readers of Kerrang! magazine. They should not be allowed an opinion on music until they're forced to listen to something which isn't a load of crap. This weeks cover=

1302_244x325.jpg

I rest my case. (although The DIllinger Escape Plan and Mastodon are mentioned in small print in the bottom... I've never seen them played on Kerrang tv when I've been unfortunate enough to be forced to watch it)

aye ok then!

enquiries@techmetalzsnob.com

I don't think so. Tho someone (from this website) has recently started a hate campaign about me on Youtube called Lyin' Ryan, but not had the balls to say who they are, or answer any of my emails.

Anyone care to take credit for it?

YouTube - Lyin Ryan Special Nail Advisor To The Music Stars Of The Moorings Bar

Storm Leisure is the guy that drives around town in that pimped out land rover with Military Fitness slogans and flashing lights plastered all over it. Pissed off any fitness instructors lately?

Storm leisure MILITARY STYLE FITNESS

I'm listening to Antoine Dufour atm.... make of that what you will. My posts should probably come with a sarcasm alert, of course it was a sweeping generalisation joke, the magazine itself does give press to a lot of upcoming bands etc( not just 'tech metal' either), but from comments on their website etc, the readers have done nothing to convince me they are anything but a bunch of zombies following whoever is on the front cover. Everything seems to be a rip off or something else or 'emo crap', just cos it's got some singing in it. OH NOZ!

I wonder if you will enjoy this musical genius as much as I do, they're the saviours of British music.

Their email address will be stored and presumably their IP logged too. Let's ask the mods and start a witch hunt woo. On second thoughts I doubt anyone cares, but still. Pitchfork mobs ftw

1302_244x325.jpg

Nowt wrong with Kerrang. It's aimed at kids, evidently, and it's obviously a stepping stone if anything. I bought Kerrang when I was 12/13, and bought CD's on the strength of reviews. If it gets kids listening to and buying more music, regardless of how shite it is, then it's only a good thing, really. I'm sure they'll eventually grow out of all that mainstream pretend metal and cartoon pop punk, but they'll enjoy it whilst they are young. I imagine we could all look back on our past and pick out some embarrassing records we used to cherish.

Regardless of growing out of it, Kerrang still occupy small corners of their mag with coverage of good bands. Obviously they're not going to do multi-page spreads on bands that aren't Paramore or Trivium or whatever on a regular basis, or the kids won't buy it.

Nowt wrong with Kerrang. It's aimed at kids, evidently, and it's obviously a stepping stone if anything. I bought Kerrang when I was 12/13, and bought CD's on the strength of reviews. If it gets kids listening to and buying more music, regardless of how shite it is, then it's only a good thing, really. I'm sure they'll eventually grow out of all that mainstream pretend metal and cartoon pop punk, but they'll enjoy it whilst they are young. I imagine we could all look back on our past and pick out some embarrassing records we used to cherish.

Regardless of growing out of it, Kerrang still occupy small corners of their mag with coverage of good bands. Obviously they're not going to do multi-page spreads on bands that aren't Paramore or Trivium or whatever on a regular basis, or the kids won't buy it.

of course it was a sweeping generalisation joke, the magazine itself does give press to a lot of upcoming bands etc( not just 'tech metal' either), but from comments on their website etc, the readers have done nothing to convince me they are anything but a bunch of zombies following whoever is on the front cover. Everything seems to be a rip off or something else or 'emo crap', just cos it's got some singing in it. OH NOZ!

I'm fully aware of this, and you have to praise them for it. But at the same time it's just annoying the media is just littered with these copycat people who just follow onto whatever is in the press. Admittedly when I was 12 I was listening to whatever was on the tv and my friends were listening to. As soon as I got the internet though, my tastes changed greatly, it just opens up a whole new world of possibility with finding new music. I also appreciate these bands will have genuine fans, and fair play to them, but I don't think these people are the same ones labelling everything else as being a copy of everything else etc. Very few people seem to be that narrow minded, or maybe that's just the people I know

also i quite like Paramore's first album, the one before the one that had Misery Business on it :up:

Guest Gladstone

My pet hate for the day is air conditioning. It just sounds horrible for a start - air conditioning - gads.

What's wrong with a fucking radiatior and a window? If it's too cold you turn up the radiator. If it's too warm, you turn the radiator down. If it's still too warm, you open the fucking window. Simples.

Air conditioning just never works. It's either too hot or too cold, and it blows horrible fucking air at you. I got into the office this morning and it was bloody freezing. I've turned the air con unit on, and cranked it up to 30, but it's just blowing cold air at me. It's normally too bloody warm in this room, but it's fucking freezing today.

Fuck off air conditioning. Bring back my radiators.

My pet hate for the day is air conditioning. It just sounds horrible for a start - air conditioning - gads.

What's wrong with a fucking radiatior and a window? If it's too cold you turn up the radiator. If it's too warm, you turn the radiator down. If it's still too warm, you open the fucking window. Simples.

Air conditioning just never works. It's either too hot or too cold, and it blows horrible fucking air at you. I got into the office this morning and it was bloody freezing. I've turned the air con unit on, and cranked it up to 30, but it's just blowing cold air at me. It's normally too bloody warm in this room, but it's fucking freezing today.

Fuck off air conditioning. Bring back my radiators.

Ha I feel your pain - at my old work the air conditioning affected different areas of the open plan floor in different ways - our corner would be toasting and we'd be asking maintenance to adjust it down but other areas were then too cold. In an effort to find a happy medium I'd open the window by me but then my boss would whine about the cold air getting to his spineless neck. The maintenance guys would also tell us that opening the windows was counter-productive to the air conditioning system as the sensors would register the cool air coming in the window and heat even more.

I agree - windows and radiators for the cup, f**k alleged cost effectiveness or whatever dictates when an air conditioning system is best!

1302_244x325.jpg

Is it just me or does the dude at the front look like Michael Sheen?

Are Good Charlotte still on the go?? Christ almichty...

Guest Gladstone
Ha I feel your pain - at my old work the air conditioning affected different areas of the open plan floor in different ways - our corner would be toasting and we'd be asking maintenance to adjust it down but other areas were then too cold. In an effort to find a happy medium I'd open the window by me but then my boss would whine about the cold air getting to his spineless neck. The maintenance guys would also tell us that opening the windows was counter-productive to the air conditioning system as the sensors would register the cool air coming in the window and heat even more.

I agree - windows and radiators for the cup, f**k alleged cost effectiveness or whatever dictates when an air conditioning system is best!

In my mind, air conditioning is just an attempt to be all modern and shit. There's no need for air conditioned offices in Aberdeen for fuck sake. Air conditioning should only be used in hot places where opening a window won't work because it's 40 degrees outside. What we need in Aberdeen is heating. It rarely ever gets to the stage where a building is too warm, and if it does, opening a window to let a nice breeze in does the trick nicely.

Other things like underfloor heating and shit like that in places of work are all attempts to modern places up. My wife is a teacher and works in one of the fancy new Robertsons schools - it has underfloor heating and she hates it. Completely freezing when she gets into work because it takes so long to heat the place up, but then too hot later on in the day. Some parts of the school are just too hot all the time.

BRING BACK MY RADIATORS

Thank you please.

Nah, air con is awesome. Maybe sometimes it's chilly but it beats no air con. I worked in the Monkey House building for a short period, when it was an insurance company, and it was seriously fucking hell in summer. Like being trapped in a packet of dry-roasted peanuts :down:

Guest Gladstone
Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I agree. Air-con fucking rules. It's such a great feeling walking into an air conditioned room on a hot day.

Fuck that. How many hot days in a year do we seriously get? Compare that with bollock-numbing cold days.

It doesn't have to be particularly hot outside for things to get uncomfortably warm inside an office or shop or equivalent. I agree that it can be a pain though, in this office it's always too cold for the people sat next to the windows during the winter while being too hot for folks in the middle. It's not even a particularly big room.

I'm going to be relying on air conditioning very heavily over the next few weeks, minimum night time temperatures of 24 are coming my way. Or, rather, I'm going their way.

Storm Leisure is the guy that drives around town in that pimped out land rover with Military Fitness slogans and flashing lights plastered all over it. Pissed off any fitness instructors lately?

Storm leisure MILITARY STYLE FITNESS

I hope it's not them. This guy looks like he could fuck me up pretty bad.

Storm leisure Health and Fitness Consultants

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Aye it's very odd. Somebody really doesn't like me to go to that much effort! I still don't know what I'm meant to have done. I must have said or done something offensive but as far as I know I've never knowingly discriminated against disabled people... Sure I've had a few wanks in disabled toilets, but come on, we've all done that. And there wasn't a disabled person in it at the time.