aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

my current pet hate is the way Adrian chiles and Christine Bleakley introduce the one show with Chiles saying "I'm Christine Bleakley" and Bleakley saying "and I'm Adrian Chiles"

not big, not clever and not funny.

They can do no wrong in my eyes :love:

T-mobile. They phoned me at 11.30am today and I explained I was at work and couldn't speak. So she asks 'when is suitable?' and I say 'after 6.30pm'... When do they phone - 6.15pm when I was still driving. What is so difficult about phoning at the right time?!! They only want to tell me their special offers etc, but there could be something interesting and useful in that.

Yeah, that's the one. Utterly ridiculous thread. One of the most pretentious groups of people there is. I get annoyed just thinking about it.

that thread seems pretty bad - i've not take the time to read most of it though, but i'm sure there's a fair amount of people taking the piss. there are some elitist arseholes as there are everywhere - it's not board specific. decent board with some great people, i think.

People who can't clean their bastard dishes properly really makes me want to do a badass roar and smash some fucking skulls. It's not hard; you get a damp sponge and wipe that shit clean, and if there's still dried-up bits of food on it you don't put the motherfucker back in the cupboard! You grab yer cloth again and make that rudeboy sparkle! In fact, I'm gonna cast a spell on the next cockbiscuit that tries this in my flat. Straight turn their legs into cinnamon or some shit.

Aye, and pisslobbers than stand far too close when I'm in a queue. If I wanted to get bummed to death by a stranger I'd have gone to a Barrymore pool party, thank you very much.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Motorcyclists who think they own the road.

This morning, I'm happily cruising along in the outside lane of the dual carriageway, overtaking a line of traffic, going let's say faster than the speed limit. Motorcyclist comes right up my ass and flashes his light a couple of times to get me to pull over. There's nowhwere I can go cos there's a queue of traffic on my left, so despite the fact I'm already going faster than the speed limit, I sink the foot so I can get out of his way a bit quicker. He continues to drive dangerously close till I get enough room to pull over.

The cheeky cunt then pulls up alongside me and gives me the wanker sign before speeding off into the horizon.

Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't drive through the traffic on my left hand side to allow you to continue to drive at 120mph you fucking bell end.

Thanks for pissing me off before I even get to work.

Motorcyclists who think they own the road.

This morning, I'm happily cruising along in the outside lane of the dual carriageway, overtaking a line of traffic, going let's say faster than the speed limit. Motorcyclist comes right up my ass and flashes his light a couple of times to get me to pull over. There's nowhwere I can go cos there's a queue of traffic on my left, so despite the fact I'm already going faster than the speed limit, I sink the foot so I can get out of his way a bit quicker. He continues to drive dangerously close till I get enough room to pull over.

The cheeky cunt then pulls up alongside me and gives me the wanker sign before speeding off into the horizon.

Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't drive through the traffic on my left hand side to allow you to continue to drive at 120mph you fucking bell end.

Thanks for pissing me off before I even get to work.

If that had been me I would have slowed down and tried to remain level with the inner lane so he had nowhere to go. I tend to do that to anyone who tailgates me. I can live with a wanker sign.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
If that had been me I would have slowed down and tried to remain level with the inner lane so he had nowhere to go. I tend to do that to anyone who tailgates me. I can live with a wanker sign.

That's what I wished I'd done afterwards. It wasn't the wanker sign that really bothered me, just the fact that he thought I merited after doing my utmost to get out of his way. He was definitely the one being a wanker.

He almost killed himself about 15 seconds later as he weaved in and out of the traffic once we'd left the dual carriageway. He weaved out in front of a lorry, then back in just in time. What a twat. I hate motorbikes.

Speaking of Adam and Joe, does anyone know of a site where you can download previous podcasts? I've only got a few of the recent ones and want to nab a few more for flights/bus journeys/whatever. Found a site that hosted edited versions of the radio show but I'd prefer the podcasts.

You used to be able to get all the BBC and XFM podcasts at http://www.ultraculture.co.uk/adamandjoe/ however it seems to be offline at the moment.

The best I can find at the moment is this:

*Speeding On The Needlebliss*

It seems to be full shows but with all the music edited out. I can't find just the podcasts. I've got a year's worth on my hard drive though, I could probably burn you a disc.

You can get all the XFM ones here - humyo.com - Online File Storage

You used to be able to get all the BBC and XFM podcasts at http://www.ultraculture.co.uk/adamandjoe/ however it seems to be offline at the moment.

The best I can find at the moment is this:

*Speeding On The Needlebliss*

It seems to be full shows but with all the music edited out. I can't find just the podcasts. I've got a year's worth on my hard drive though, I could probably burn you a disc.

You can get all the XFM ones here - humyo.com - Online File Storage

I'd also recommend the ricky gervais xfm shows. Can't provide a link because its probably a legal grey area. People seem to have a lot of hate for him and he is an idiot but those early shows are radio gold. Karl Pilkington is an endless source of amusement.

For example I came across a set of women in their late 20s on holiday who claimed to be Brownies, when they were quite clearly Guides.

Thats just nae on! ;)

Receptionists at Doctors and Dentist...just cause you are busy doesn't mean to say you can speak to people who come in for appointments like piece's of shit..mutherfuckers!

Thats just nae on! ;)

Receptionists at Doctors and Dentist...just cause you are busy doesn't mean to say you can speak to people who come in for appointments like piece's of shit..mutherfuckers!

Tell you what else. All there ever is to read in doctors and dentist waiting rooms is a big pile of OK!, Heat, Good Housekeeping, Look, Grazia, or Hello! Would a Four-Four-Two, a Q or an F1 Racing be too much to ask for from time to time? We're not all bored housewives.

Come to think of it... would a copy of Bored Housewives be too much to ask? :laughing:

Tell you what else. All there ever is to read in doctors and dentist waiting rooms is a big pile of OK!, Heat, Good Housekeeping, Look, Grazia, or Hello! Would a Four-Four-Two, a Q or an F1 Racing be too much to ask for from time to time? We're not all bored housewives.

Come to think of it... would a copy of Bored Housewives be too much to ask? :laughing:

I usually end up reading classic cars at my dentist, my doctor never has anything decent for males to read.

• Upvote 1