aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Blind spot?

I don't mean like that. More when they're changing lanes (I can only see them doing this because I'm driving behind) and there's nothing coming but they still turn round, it's probably more dangerous to do that than to move out!

I also don't mean turning their head to the right, but to the left to look right out the back window. It's just dangerous.

/rant

I don't mean like that. More when they're changing lanes (I can only see them doing this because I'm driving behind) and there's nothing coming but they still turn round, it's probably more dangerous to do that than to move out!

I also don't mean turning their head to the right, but to the left to look right out the back window. It's just dangerous.

/rant

However, not quite as dangerous as stupid bints who don't check their blind spots and almost run into cars that were not detectable by their mirrors.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Who the fuck ever looks over their left shoulder before overtaking? I don't believe you've ever seen this happen.

If I'm overtaking, I look over my right shoulder like I was taught to. Not because I give a shit about anyone else, but because I don't want to crash into the car that may just be overtaking me and may be in my blind spot.

Same goes if you're changing lanes on the motorway, and going into the lane in your left hand side. You then look over your left shoulder to check that blind spot.

Surely that's just common sense?

I have witnessed in the last few months two occasions where people have clearly not checked blind spots. Luckily it was on the dual carriageway, and the cars managed to swerve last minute to avoid each other and there was no accident.

Cracker yesterday on the way into work. There was a car driving up the bus lane (before bus lane times) beside the AECC. Another car in the right hand lane. They both decided to go for the middle lane at exactly the same time. They must have both swerved out of the way with only about an inch to spare. It wouldn't have been a bad accident cos they were only going about 30, and would have been a sideways bump. It would have wreaked havoc at rush hour though.

My pet hate of the last few weeks has been dickhead drivers. So many folk just don't take care, don't look where they're going, don't indicate, cut you up, etc etc. Assholes.

Paper cuts totally cane. The tiny little cuts just hurt so bad. When I was young and cut my arm up pretty bad on some glass, and I can't remember it even hurting at all, unlike last night when I was cutting some bread and it tugged on the crust, and took tiny slash at my thumb. About 1mm in length and not even deep enough to make it bleed. It's still stinging today. What a bastard.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Paper cuts totally cane. The tiny little cuts just hurt so bad. When I was young and cut my arm up pretty bad on some glass, and I can't remember it even hurting at all, unlike last night when I was cutting some bread and it tugged on the crust, and took tiny slash at my thumb. About 1mm in length and not even deep enough to make it bleed. It's still stinging today. What a bastard.

I gave myself a splinter recently.

Not when manly cutting up firewood, or building a wooden shed with my bare hands (after pulling the tree down without the help of an axe).

No, I was putting on a pair of new boxer shorts.

A tiny bit of elastic off the waistband embedded itself into my hand. Sore. As. Fuck.

I did "operate" on myself to get the little bastard out though, reinstating how hard as fuck I am.

/rant

Maybe they are used to driving cars without left wing mirrors. 20 years ago it was common for cars to only have a rear view mirror and a driver side wing mirror.

I was taught to look over my left shoulder when pulling over to the left. I'd rather people checked than the usual dicks you get cutting you up or nearly side swiping you.

Your pet hate is a fail I'm afraid.