aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

BNP's hate-mongering propaganda bull-shit coming through my letterbox.

Apparently the Spitfire on that leaflet is actually from the Polish air force. And the old couple are actually Italian, and knew nothing about it. BNP seemingly just lifted a generic 'old couple' photo from a stock photo collection. The photographer has unsurprisingly complained.

Genuises, that lot...

Apparently the Spitfire on that leaflet is actually from the Polish air force. And the old couple are actually Italian, and knew nothing about it. BNP seemingly just lifted a generic 'old couple' photo from a stock photo collection. The photographer has unsurprisingly complained.

Genuises, that lot...

Yeah that stuffs mentioned on the site I was on

has anyone heard a 'Stephen!?' at a gig yet?

I tried a "Stephen!" at the Mighty Boosh gig at AECC recently, but didn't get a response. I also tried it after Adam & Joe's advert at the cinema to no avail. However I did a "Stephen!" from the stage last night at Cobra Kai's gig in snafu and I got TWO Just comings!

I tried a "Stephen!" at the Mighty Boosh gig at AECC recently, but didn't get a response. I also tried it after Adam & Joe's advert at the cinema to no avail. However I did a "Stephen!" from the stage last night at Cobra Kai's gig in snafu and I got TWO Just comings!

thats some quality stephanage!

BNP's hate-mongering propaganda bull-shit coming through my letterbox.

I was going to post about this last week when I got one. My brother and I were deliberating whether doing the " Text BRITISH then your name to recieve a free BNP poster" by texting "BRITISH Mohammed.." to see what would happen.

also, collective-zine. a bunch of snobby elitist arseholes wishing they could tell other people what kind of bands they should be in. piss off.

Are you talking about the "genres of music we don't need any more bands playing" thread? It was ridiculous. If that thread is anything to go by, then no more music of any kind is needed, ever again. It's a pretty dumb forum at the best of times.

I salute you.

Yeah, but you don't buy two carrots on four or five occasions in one week. It's slightly maddening when you watch it week, in week out. It'd be cheaper to just buy a several as the cost is always rounded up. The carrots aren't really any fresher either.

Another genuine pet hate of mine is when you see wall sockets switched on when nothing is plugged in. I've had to bring that one to some of my co-workers attention as our cleaners are horrendous for it.

My hate of the day is that I put the new manics album on my ipod last night, I watched it sync and now it's nowhere to be seen. Gah!

Check it isn't under Compilations, mine does that sometimes for no reason.

Yeah, that's the one. Utterly ridiculous thread. One of the most pretentious groups of people there is. I get annoyed just thinking about it.

They really did cover every genre of music. Just like the thread about shit bands. They probably mentioned all my favourites. They probably mentioned their own favourites too. So cool.

Another genuine pet hate of mine is when you see wall sockets switched on when nothing is plugged in. I've had to bring that one to some of my co-workers attention as our cleaners are horrendous for it.

Yes! I hate this. I have to switch them off whenever I see them.

My hate of the day is that I put the new manics album on my ipod last night, I watched it sync and now it's nowhere to be seen. Gah!

For some reason, my iTunes has put Jeffrey Lewis' album 'It's The Ones Who've Cracked That The Light Shines Through' under 'J' in artists, but 'The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane' is under 'L'...

What difference does it make if the socket is on or off if there isn't anything plugged in???

People who assume everyone drives and arrange to meet in places which you can't realisticly get to without a car. Then sound shocked that someone might not actually have a car.

'Motorists' also tend to get on my nerves. I think speed limits tend to be there for good reason and there is clear evidence to point to speed as a major cause of accidents.

Also peopple who syncronise their dress sense for nights out (usually women who scream a lot). Doing this is an unforgivable crime and they tend to intimidate innocent bystanders. Some of them even lack basic knowledge about what they are wearing. For example I came across a set of women in their late 20s on holiday who claimed to be Brownies, when they were quite clearly Guides.

Hen Nights should also be banned or tightly regulated. This would sort out much of the above problem also

This does my nut in. As does lights being left on for no reason.

I'm not entirely sure why the socket thing annoys me either, but I think it might also be a health and safety thing. Or for some reason I think the house is more likely to blow up if a socket's left on...

Dare say I might try the 'Stephen!?' shout at Dananananaykroyd :)

I was watching that earlier, possibly subconsciously inspired by the talk of STEPHEN! in this thread.

One of them was me but I didn't hear the other one.

Speaking of Adam and Joe, does anyone know of a site where you can download previous podcasts? I've only got a few of the recent ones and want to nab a few more for flights/bus journeys/whatever. Found a site that hosted edited versions of the radio show but I'd prefer the podcasts.