aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Has anyone had experience with air mattresses?

I am looking to get one for folk staying over, so ideally it would be something that can be stored in a cupboard, but also a mattress that isn't like sleeping on bags of cement.

The only advice I can give is make sure you've got an electric pump. Manually inflating them is a thankless task.

• Upvote 1

I am looking to get one for folk staying over, so ideally it would be something that can be stored in a cupboard, but also a mattress that isn't like sleeping on bags of cement.

They all burst in the end.  They're all pretty comfy in the beginning but every one I've slept on goes down a bit overnight.  Get an electric air pump for it (if you can stand the noise).  Alternatively you do get ones with built in manual pumps.  Quieter, but a workout for your leg to inflate.  We had one and it was fine but it eventually broke at the pump.

• Upvote 1

yeh get an electric pump, be aswell buying a cheap air bed as they all break easily.

The one we have that we failed at using when you guys stayed at ours is awesome... when you figure out how to inflate it. I stole it from my parents so am not sure where they got it, but I think this is the same one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intex-Airbed-Raised-Pillow-66702/dp/B000COQ5GM/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1397658924&sr=1-1&keywords=intex+airbed

It actually feels sturdier than most other airbeds, more like a mattress than a slightly inflated tent.

• Upvote 1

The one we have that we failed at using when you guys stayed at ours is awesome... when you figure out how to inflate it. I stole it from my parents so am not sure where they got it, but I think this is the same one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intex-Airbed-Raised-Pillow-66702/dp/B000COQ5GM/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1397658924&sr=1-1&keywords=intex+airbed

It actually feels sturdier than most other airbeds, more like a mattress than a slightly inflated tent.

And it's got frustration free packaging! Winning,

The only advice I can give is make sure you've got an electric pump. Manually inflating them is a thankless task.

They all burst in the end.  They're all pretty comfy in the beginning but every one I've slept on goes down a bit overnight.  Get an electric air pump for it (if you can stand the noise).  Alternatively you do get ones with built in manual pumps.  Quieter, but a workout for your leg to inflate.  We had one and it was fine but it eventually broke at the pump.

Aye, what Phil said. They're pretty cheap, don't take up much space when deflated and are comfy enough to sleep on for a night or two but they are a pain in the arse without an electric pump.

Thanks guyz for the advice. Hooray for the internet!

Thanks guyz for the advice. Hooray for the internet!

Don't get the one from Tesco. It's dingorama. I had mates sleeping on it for 3 days and they said by morning they were basically lying on the floor. The next time I took it out it had tiny little splits in the seam, like the glue had disintegrated, and it deflated within a couple of hours of lying on it. Shite.

How do you get rid of Sky TV? Just phone them up and say "cancel tv, but keep the internet, cheers"?

I have a feeling it won't save you much money. My internet moved to Sky when O2 sold up, and the bill has penalty costs for NOT having the satellite. It's total bullshit, although I didn't want to get stuck in a contract for other reasons.