aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Is it normal for an employment reference to be obtained before an interview?

Not really, no. Usually references are only obtained for successful candidates in my experience and you can usually specify that they can't approach a referee without your permission.

I've applied for a job for the same company that I already work for but on a different rig (a transfer of sorts). My gaffer just told me today he's gave them a good reference this morning but have heard nothing from HR about an interview. Fingers crossed they've just given me the job....

Ah well guess that's a bit different if it's all within the same company, no need for the usual cloak and dagger in case your current employer finds out.

Are you looking for a reference because you've found a new position? If so it would normally hold more weight if your new (prospective) employer asked directly?

I imagine it would be particularly difficult if you've left on bad terms. Purely out of interest, are your ex-line manager's initials at Baker, SR?

The modern witchcraft that is batteries.

That was my first thought,  but thought that a battery with that much juice would be a total ballache to cart about?

xx

EDIT: Huh, a bit of googling and there's actually a multitude of specifically battery run-amps for the job. I don't know why I was too stupid to consider that in the first place. I must be tired. As you were. 

http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&adv_category_code=19642

Edited by Stroopy121

That was my first thought, but thought that a battery with that much juice would be a total ballache to cart about?

xx

EDIT: Huh, a bit of googling and there's actually a multitude of specifically battery run-amps for the job. I don't know why I was too stupid to consider that in the first place. I must be tired. As you were.

http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&adv_category_code=19642

does this meen needleman will be doing some busking in the near future?

Going to Copenhagen in a couple of weeks. Anyone been? Got any good tips?

We're just going there for a weekend so mostly looking for food and bar recommendations (currently planning to go to the Mikkeller bar and Radio). Going to get the train over to Malmo for a day as well.

Going to Copenhagen in a couple of weeks. Anyone been? Got any good tips?

We're just going there for a weekend so mostly looking for food and bar recommendations (currently planning to go to the Mikkeller bar and Radio). Going to get the train over to Malmo for a day as well.

You should consider visiting the community of Christiana - an interesting concept where even the government don't go.