aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Why can't you play guitar now? Ya know, apart from not wanting to embarrass others with how awesome you are

Skin condition. The skin on my LH index finger keeps drying up, dying and peeling. Makes it very painful to play guitar. Haven't been able to play properly since the new year.

i just remembered something from last weekend that was ace. so i was watching these guys, harvey milk, play a set:

pretty loud/heavy/slow/etc, right? they played about ten minutes of ^^^ this kind of material, then started playing songs that sounded like a tougher version of weezer, and then they closed with another very heavy/sludgy song... except halfway through it, some orchestral samples started playing, and they covered Gustav Holst (according to reviews of their set, anyway, it could have been anything classical to me!), before going back into their own song. completely bonkers. if you like RAWK music and are looking for something very different, you could do far worse than listen to these guys!

Toying with the idea of taking my last £20 down until next friday. I should last fine until then if i don't go, so it would be basically be self-inflicted poverty if i chose to...

What's the price like again? your entry gets you a few tokens does it not?

It says £5 entry gets you the glass but I don't think that includes tokens. A sheet of tokens for £10. Most half pints were about £1.60-£2.10 and the bottled beers were a bit more. The worst part of that entire event is when you are running out of tokens and trying to hobble together enough 10 and 20p tokens to afford a drink. I'm a bit of a lightweight so after 5 half pints my motor skills aren't really suited to playing with small pieces of paper!

The Drunken Bakers. I often think that Roger Mellie is my favourite Viz strip, but whenever a new one comes through my letterbox, I cannot get enough of the Drunken Bakers!

I don't get the Drunken Bakers. I haven't bought Viz in a while but the best bit is clearly Letterbocks / Top Tips. Best strips are Fru T Bunn and his Gingerbread Sex Dolls, or Spoilt Bastard.

Stuff not scanning at Morrisons self checkout, putting it in my bag anyway instead of waiting for ages for the staff to come and help, and then pressing "Finish and Pay" before the weighing scales can kick in and tell me UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

creed-bratton-02.jpg

"I just love to steal things"

• Upvote 2

I started to miss Viz big time living over here. I used to tell people all the time about letterbocks and profanisaurus, etc and couldn't show them. Then I remembered I have electronic devices and can get a subscription. Now joy has been fully restored. It's a total gem. It bugs me/makes me smug when people dismiss it as a smutty magazine about cartoon tits.

Take it as carry on and ask them to put it in the coat cupboard. No way would I trust those suckers to throw it in the hold.
I trust you've seen this. Not wanting to worry you or anything :-D

I'm ringing KLM a bit nearer the time to make sure I can take it as personal cabin luggage (put in the overhead locker storage) ... I was told that was possible, but if not ... I've just bought a great acoustic hardcase from Adrenalin Hardcases, and it can go in there.... I'll mark the bugger "Fagile" & "Handle with Care" though !... :)

Stuff not scanning at Morrisons self checkout, putting it in my bag anyway instead of waiting for ages for the staff to come and help, and then pressing "Finish and Pay" before the weighing scales can kick in and tell me UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

creed-bratton-02.jpg

"I just love to steal things"

Tuesday in Spar on George Street, took a bottle of Evian, a bottle of Diet coke and a big hoorin' thing of Cat Litter to the till. The water didn't have a barcode. I went to check price, I thought about being scummy and saying a wrong price, but I didn't, I told her the right one. She only charged us for the beverages. Got a big thing of cat litter for free. Ace-ic.

I'm ringing KLM a bit nearer the time to make sure I can take it as personal cabin luggage (put in the overhead locker storage) ... I was told that was possible, but if not ... I've just bought a great acoustic hardcase from Adrenalin Hardcases, and it can go in there.... I'll mark the bugger "Fagile" & "Handle with Care" though !... :)

You definitely can take a guitar as your carry on with KLM. No harm in double checking though.

Tax refunds.

HMRC say they issue Tax Refunds automatically, but that's aload of horse. I recently contacted them to make sure they had my most up to date contact details, and also asked if I was due any tax back. They said no. I said "Are you sure? I paid alot of emergency tax a few years back because my agency were dragging their feet in the mud about getting me a P45". A month later, they come back and say "Oh yeah, you were right. Sorry. Looks like we owe you £400 quid."

Wedge.