aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Just youtubed this (for research purposes obviously) and it looks fucking ace. I really hope the Aberdeen female population don't start a team though, I don't think the Torry quines will have the same look...

Haha, fair enough! That LFL is shown on Australian TV, though, and apparently it's a real thing with real teams and a real league! Boggles the mind.

Seeing Jenson Button's McLaren screaming round the track live and in the flesh at the weekend:

533004_10150855966070382_633392610_n.jpg

Yeah, it was just an exhibition and it wasn't at anything like full speed (surprisingly fast though, for an exhibition in the city centre, they didn't hold back much with the throttle but there really wasn't much straight), but it was still something I've wanted to see my entire life. FUCK ME they are loud when they hit the gas! Especially at that distance. JB gunned it just as he was passing me (I was right at the start of the longest straight) the noise just about knocked me over, and a kid opposite me quite literally pissed himself with terror.

• Upvote 1

Today I had one of the most productive days of work, probably ever, because I had to avoid most of the Internet in case I saw the score of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals last night. Watching it in a couple of hours. YAS.

The Mighty Ducks won against the Kansas City Wolverines. Mario Lemieux scored all the goals and then died of a heart attack on the ice. It was SO exciting. Ted Irvine got sent off for punching a guy in the balls. Then Martin Riggs and Leo Getz ran onto the ice chasing Joss Ackland. Meanwhile Jean Claude Van Damme was in the rafters trying to foil a bomb plot.

• Upvote 1

Just knocked about 1 minute 20 seconds off my PB at our (Deeside Runners) regular handicap (shutup) race. Scored loads of points towards the championship in the process. Feel great now.

Probably won't feel so great when I have to run to that new time next month...

They weren't doing anything complicated, just swapping tyres. To be honest though I've had work done at Kwik Fit a few times over the years (exhausts, tyres, brakes) and they've always been fairly priced and more honest than a lot of the other ones (unlike McConnachy's who once blatantly lied about the state of my exhaust to try and generate more work). No complaints at all about them. Plus they were the only place that was open on a weekend that could fit it in.

Kind of unrelated, but if you ever need work done on your car, Framor in Banchory are excellent. They're all a bit surly looking, but they do a great job and are efficient and cheap.

Kind of unrelated, but if you ever need work done on your car, Framor in Banchory are excellent. They're all a bit surly looking, but they do a great job and are efficient and cheap.

I did phone round the Banchory places but they couldn't fit it in. Good to know for future reference though.

The ability to change the language on facebook to English (Pirate). It will wear off quickly but it is fun so far! You can also change it to English (upside down) so instead of leaving crappy messages if someone leaves facebook open and you want to prank them just change the language.

Also - the fact my guitar fretboard is being made with this piece of zebrano. Can't wait for it to arrive :D

2012-05-31170153.jpg

The ability to change the language on facebook to English (Pirate). It will wear off quickly but it is fun so far! You can also change it to English (upside down) so instead of leaving crappy messages if someone leaves facebook open and you want to prank them just change the language.

Also - the fact my guitar fretboard is being made with this piece of zebrano. Can't wait for it to arrive :D

2012-05-31170153.jpg

That is fucking gorgeous!

Who's making it?

xx

That is fucking gorgeous!

Who's making it?

xx

Same guy that made my 7 string.

2gufgwn.jpg

http://www.mercerguitars.co.uk

I had no idea he made a website yet. Was about to say that telling you the name was worthless :p He is trying to finalise designs and specs for his models and hopes to have the company fully up and running later this year but atm is just making stuff he wants and selling it on. Used to do customs but think he is about to stop that since once he has his models designed. I bought the body from him and as a previous customer knew he would do the neck for me too. It's an unfinished wenge neck with zebrano fretboard. The body is chambered mahogany with a kevazingo (basically bubinga) top. Getting a coil tapped bareknuckle aftermath in the bridge and a trilogy suite in the neck. Can't wait for it to arrive. Getting the neck built to the same spec as my favourite guitar which will basically make it redundant :p