aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I don't get the Drunken Bakers.

Don't overthink it - they're bakers who are alcoholics, with family members they haven't seen in years and everything they try turns to shit because of their alcoholism. It's seriously grim and seriously awesome! They're the most hopeless and shambolic characters ever.

Great ice cream, absolute nightmare trying to negotiate the pretty cramped layout combined with idiots who seem to have no sense of queuing etiquette. Or even just a bit of common sense....

Aye the service is pretty slow as well. Took 15 minutes to get that one and it wasn't even very warm outside. I was killing time until my car was ready at Kwik Fit so didn't mind the wait. Maybe they should go for the classic sell them out of the window technique instead.

Aye the service is pretty slow as well. Took 15 minutes to get that one and it wasn't even very warm outside. I was killing time until my car was ready at Kwik Fit so didn't mind the wait. Maybe they should go for the classic sell them out of the window technique instead.

Can't say I've ever thought the service bad, the lassies are usually pretty good, most problems i've encountered have been due to idiots entering the place and promptly piling over to look at what is on offer, so barging into the queue of folk getting or about to be served....

*sharp intake of breath* I hope that was absolutely the last available option to you in the whole world?

They weren't doing anything complicated, just swapping tyres. To be honest though I've had work done at Kwik Fit a few times over the years (exhausts, tyres, brakes) and they've always been fairly priced and more honest than a lot of the other ones (unlike McConnachy's who once blatantly lied about the state of my exhaust to try and generate more work). No complaints at all about them. Plus they were the only place that was open on a weekend that could fit it in.

Can't say I've ever thought the service bad

Oh absolutely, the service is good, but it's not the quickest or the most efficient.

Hard to see what they can do to speed it up or improve things without making it a soulless little hole that you just get shuttled through as fast as possible while they chuck ice cream at you.

They weren't doing anything complicated, just swapping tyres. To be honest though I've had work done at Kwik Fit a few times over the years (exhausts, tyres, brakes) and they've always been fairly priced and more honest than a lot of the other ones (unlike McConnachy's who once blatantly lied about the state of my exhaust to try and generate more work). No complaints at all about them. Plus they were the only place that was open on a weekend that could fit it in.

Funny, I heard a lot of stories about McConnachys, (ie McConnachys) but they were terrific when I went. The guy found the problem straight away, fixed it in 10 minutes then didn't even charge me because he said he didn't do enough to warrant it. I guess it's all down to who you get.

I actually only went there because Kwik Fit couldn't fit me in for three days and I wanted it done that day.

I had a hole in my exhaust flexi-pipe for a while, then my car just wouldn't start. AA took me to Peter Vardy who charged me £100 just to take it into the garage and plug it in to the computer. They then told me it was a sensor but also that my exhaust system was completely shot, cat included, and needed to be replaced at a further £800. Asked if they would just replace the flexi and sensor, they refused flat out and it was £800 or nothing. Told them to fuck off and got AA to take it to McConechys, who said most of the exhaust and cat was absolutely fine, although one section was a bit rusty but 'will do a wee while yet', and replaced the sensor and the flexi for £40. All done. They could easily have got a lot more from me if they wanted but didn't. Heard other good stuff about them only doing what's needed, unlike Vardy's. Also heard some similar bad stuff about Kwikfit taking advantage of people who have no other choice. Rathen's probably got a point and it could depend who you get.