aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Download Festival.

Black Sabbath, Refused, Steel Panther, Tenacious D, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys & Prodigy. Metallica played too, but I don't care much for them.

Also ace-ic, getting a sun tan.

The sun tan is surely not linked to Download? The weather looked pretty awful on the site camera. I was regretting not going but seeing the weather made me a little less sad! Also my friend posted this. The hurricane a few years ago and now submerged tents.... fun times ahead at download! At least in 2010 when I went it was only raining on the last day.

179400_10150826911757624_1095445025_n.jpg

The sun tan is surely not linked to Download? The weather looked pretty awful on the site camera. I was regretting not going but seeing the weather made me a little less sad! Also my friend posted this. The hurricane a few years ago and now submerged tents.... fun times ahead at download! At least in 2010 when I went it was only raining on the last day.

The weather was a bit duff on Friday, some rain. Made the fields a bit muddy - but it was bright on Saturday and Sunday it was pretty much blue skys. Not good when you are standing in one place with the sun just tracking above you.

I had heard of the Killer challenge before but had no idea it was in the centre of Edinburgh! Totally going there next time I go home. Kismot killer for me and chocolate curry and chocolate naan for the missus. Perfect! My sisters partner likes very spicy food too so he should be up for it as well. No need to suffer alone.

http://www.kismot.co.uk/menu/sit-in-menu/

I had heard of the Killer challenge before but had no idea it was in the centre of Edinburgh! Totally going there next time I go home. Kismot killer for me and chocolate curry and chocolate naan for the missus. Perfect! My sisters partner likes very spicy food too so he should be up for it as well. No need to suffer alone.

http://www.kismot.co.uk/menu/sit-in-menu/

Chocolate curry and chocolate naan? I have to try this!

You'd love this place near me that has a 'Suicidal Wings Challenge' - finish six and you get your photo on the wall and a t-shirt. They are hoorin spicy - I had 4 spice levels down and they were too much for me. And i'm no wuss with spice.

I just came across this which is also ace-ic: http://www.ibetyouwont.com/

Festival chat eh? I'm about to start annoying Jake again then.

Sonar is this weekend and I'm very excited. Going to a club to see Jackmaster, Joy O and Levon Vincent on Thursday night then the main sonar events firday and saturday and possibly a minus records beach party on sunday.

Most looking forward to The Roots, Richie Hawtin, xxxy, Blawan, Maya Jane Coles, Nina Kraviz and Flying Lotus

I've got some good friends visiting for it too. Very very ace-ic all round.

The trick to spice is to build up to it slowly. I'm pretty poor with spicy food, but last year my flatmate cooked this hoorin' hot chilli that just about killed several people. Throughout the day he'd was on at me to taste it regularly to see how spicy it was so he could add more spice to it or whatever. When I first started it was unbearable, by the time we sat down to eat it, having sampled it about 10 times during the day I was absolutely fine with and looked like Jimmy Big-nuts because I was eating the death chilli without much fuss. Fuck me did it burn on the way out though. It genuinely felt like I was pooping bits of broken glass.

• Upvote 4