aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Would I get arrested if I ignored that traffic restrictions. I cannot be rajjed with heinous rush hour traffic. I go directly down NA Drive. Its closed for the two days, isn't it?

It's only closed on Tuesday morning. The road closure is a rolling roadblock between Dyce and the Bridge of Dee roundabout from 7.15 to 9.15 when it heads down to Stoney. So you might be OK depending on when you hit it.

Monday evening, hitting Culter about 6pm. Then down North Anderson drive at 7am Tuesday morning. Yes. That's right. North Anderson Drive. At rush hour. Yay!

Sake.....get ready to read the headline 'Local moron ruins torch parade by tackling bearer to ground and slapping them in the face with boabie..'

• Upvote 1

I put a sign up on the door last night pretty much saying DON'T THROW OTHER PEOPLES MAIL IN THE BIN. Within 10 hours it's been taken down. Looks like it's me who is in the wrong. They must have every right to throw other peoples stuff in the bin. My bad.

C'mon. At least slide it under the addressed flat's door, or on the door step of it, or write "return to sender" on it as a very last resort. Don't fucking bin it what isn't yours, you absolute bastards.

Postie always comes when I'm at work.

Unfortunately I don't want to fight fire with fire. I just want people to be a bit more responsible. I don't see what's so offensive about post building up for a week or so. It's not theirs, so leave it the fuck alone. Pretty sure there's a guy upstairs who works offshore, and there are students who seem to go home every end of term for a week or few, and I've noticed big piles of post completely disappearing all the time, but I never knew what happened to it until last night. Their mail must get binned all the time. Very uncool.

I should probably just write on the wall with a Sharpie "Not your mail? Hands off, cunt!". You can't take that down without scraping off the 1980's woodchip wallpaper off the wall.

Seriously though. Put it on the step/under the door of the flat it is addressed to. If that person doesn't live at the address any more, then it should be the responsibility of the person in that flat to return it to sender, or redirect it. Binning it totally boils my piss. Important shit gets sent in the post. Any post that gets sent to my place for my previous flat mate and also my previous flatmate's flatmate before me, I send it all to him. I don't just bin it, because I'm not (that much of) a cunt.

Pretty sure there's a guy upstairs who works offshore, and there are students who seem to go home every end of term for a week or few, and I've noticed big piles of post completely disappearing all the time, but I never knew what happened to it until last night. Their mail must get binned all the time. Very uncool.

t.

can't you then, narrow it down and shit in the remaining doorsteps?

I'm 99% certain it's the wife of the Polish family in the flat across from me. She is the only one who vacuums the carpet in the communal area, and her husband is usually doing general handy work when the doors get a bit sticky and such, so it makes sense that they are responsible for the "housekeeping"

I'm going to put up another sign, though before I do I'll photocopy loads of them and borrow the staple gun from work, and keep putting up a new one each time a new one gets ripped down. I love a good neighbour war. Come at me bro.

• Upvote 1

Pet Hate for today is definitely extra, surprising, charges. Cat's getting speyed today, and it was meant to be a few pennies short of £70. Okay. So the mrs takes the cat there and I get a phone call saying that it's an extra £20 to get some drugs to help her not be groggy and sore after the op and an extra £40 to do a blood test to see if she can actually handle being put to sleep temporarily.

We only went with the extra £20 one as the blood test is mainly for older cats apparently. But still, If I knew it would cost that much I would have put behind more money.

For the cat owners who got their cats speyed... what price were you? Is £90 reasonable?

I'm 99% certain it's the wife of the Polish family in the flat across from me. She is the only one who vacuums the carpet in the communal area, and her husband is usually doing general handy work when the doors get a bit sticky and such, so it makes sense that they are responsible for the "housekeeping"

I'm going to put up another sign, though before I do I'll photocopy loads of them and borrow the staple gun from work, and keep putting up a new one each time a new one gets ripped down. I love a good neighbour war. Come at me bro.

Would probably be best if you put up a sign in Polish then. Maybe Mr Rathen or Mr Android could translate one for you?

• Upvote 2

Pet Hate for today is definitely extra, surprising, charges. Cat's getting speyed today, and it was meant to be a few pennies short of £70. Okay. So the mrs takes the cat there and I get a phone call saying that it's an extra £20 to get some drugs to help her not be groggy and sore after the op and an extra £40 to do a blood test to see if she can actually handle being put to sleep temporarily.

We only went with the extra £20 one as the blood test is mainly for older cats apparently. But still, If I knew it would cost that much I would have put behind more money.

For the cat owners who got their cats speyed... what price were you? Is £90 reasonable?

You were had. The extra £20 is not worth it at all and the blood test is another waste of money, if they had any inclinations your cat would not be ok to go through with the operation they wouldnt do it.

Y'know what I really hate?

People who constantly address others who are not immediate family or loved ones as "love", "honey" or "sweetie".

There are two or three girls at my work who do this and it really grinds my fucking gears! Every fourth word seems to be "love" or "honey".

Anyone else share this pet hate?

Not nearly as much as I hate seeing women put their make-up on, on the train on the way into work in the morning! Grrrr.:mad:

r

FFS! Get yer arse out of bed 10 mins earlier love, and that way yuo wont't have to impose your daily toilet on the rest of us, aye? :finger: