aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

RBS are a bunch of cunts, phoned them at lunch time as my wages have not gone through and i have to pay my rent tomorrow. My rent is paid in cash not through a direct debit so i needed to take the £400 out in one go tonight but because i hate debt i only keep a £200 overdraft just for last ditch emergencys and my balance is sitting on £20 so i cant take enough out, phoned them to ask if they can extend my overdraft for a couple of days as getting to the bank is a fucking pain in the arse because of work, was met with the most unhelpful bastard you could imagine who told me they wont do that as it will take 2 days to process but they hope everything will be sorted in two days. So rather than guarentee i will have money in two days they think its better customer service to hope ill have money in two days and if not they can look again. This is the same bank that sends me letters and emails all the time asking if i want loans, bigger over drafts, credit cards and anything else that they can make money off me with, but when i need their help i get a brick wall, fuck RBS. Im going to keep all my money in a bum bag from now on.

That was the other thing, when i asked what happens if i get charged for anything because of this i was told "take any evidence to the bank and it can be discussed and sorted", i dont want to come in and discuss why you have fucked around with my wages and charged me for the privallage, just dont fucking charge me until you sort this shit out.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm sick of my bank offering me shit, I went to apply for a small overdraft after the advisor asked me about upgrading my account. 20 mins later they were like we are not eligible to provide you with an overdraft due to bad credit.

I dont make my bank any money, im rarely in my overdraft and its so small that even if i am they make next to nothing, so they are constantly trying to get me to agree to anything that will make them money. I'm not interested in debt, i spend the money i make and thats it, i dont want this magical free money that ends up costing you twice as much as you've spent.

Why do you all have your rent coming out the day after pay day? Is there no way to change it so you stump it up on the 1st of the month, just in case?

Just the way it ended up for me, my landlord pays the morgage on the last thursday of the month which always falls after my pay day, just so happens this week she is away on holiday from wed and needed it a day earlier, typicall this would happen this time around.

I just received the following email from NatWest this afternoon, I presume RBS/Ulster Bank would be the same:

We know that our current technical issues may still be impacting a number of our customers as we work to clear the backlog.

To make it easier for our customers experiencing difficulties accessing cash we have made the following arrangements. All our current account customers who have an RBS, NatWest or Mint credit card in good order can now:

* Withdraw up to an additional £100 over their limit on their credit card, with over-limit fees or charges automatically waived or refunded

* For Cash withdrawals on their card, cash advance fees as well as one month's worth of interest on the transaction will be waived or refunded

For all current account customers we will:

* Automatically waive or refund overdraft fees and charges on current accounts for customers who have been impacted

We are making these commitments today and there is no requirement for any customer to take further action to benefit from these changes.

We appreciate this has caused an unacceptable level of inconvenience, and to help further we are again extending opening hours in over 900 NatWest branches from 8am until 7pm today.

For further support, please call us on either 0161 931 9959, 08457 77 77 66 or 0800 656 9639. Alternatively, for the latest information and answers to common questions please visit natwest.com

I'm glad I have enough money to cover everything that was due to come out, and I get paid at the end of the month and my wife is with Llyods so we have money regardless.

Yeah RBS have told me that if i go into my bank with proof of ID i can get money out, but getting to the bank is a pain for me, its a good 45 minutes walk from where i am and there is the obvious problem of being stuck in work so i can make money that RBS wont let me access!! lol

I know shit happens and i know RBS will sort it out, i just hoped they wuld have things in place so they could just extend my overdraft quickly so i could access money tonight and i could have arranged an afternoon off to go back into the bank and sort it all out. Being told you may have your wages in two days so we wont go to the bother of extending your overdraft as that will take 2 days is very annoying. Yes fuck ups happen, and its not the fault of the guy i spoke too, but RBS should be falling over themselves to make sure im not stuck because of their error.

Yeah RBS have told me that if i go into my bank with proof of ID i can get money out, but getting to the bank is a pain for me, its a good 45 minutes walk from where i am and there is the obvious problem of being stuck in work so i can make money that RBS wont let me access!! lol

I know shit happens and i know RBS will sort it out, i just hoped they wuld have things in place so they could just extend my overdraft quickly so i could access money tonight and i could have arranged an afternoon off to go back into the bank and sort it all out. Being told you may have your wages in two days so we wont go to the bother of extending your overdraft as that will take 2 days is very annoying. Yes fuck ups happen, and its not the fault of the guy i spoke too, but RBS should be falling over themselves to make sure im not stuck because of their error.

There should be a branch that will be open until 7pm, more then likely the one by St Nicholas Centre will be open until 7pm.

We are also extending opening hours in over 1,000 branches on Monday 25th June from 8am to 7pm.

Scotland

• Aberdeen Queens Cross
  • Aberdeen St Nicholas
  • Alexandra Parade
  • Alexandria
  • Alloa
  • Alness
  • Anniesland Cross
  • Arbroath
  • Armadale
  • Ayr Chief Office
  • Balerno
  • Banff
  • Barrhead
  • Bathgate
  • Beauly
  • Bellshill
  • Biggar
  • Bishopbriggs
  • Blantyre
  • Blenheim Place
  • Bonnybridge
  • Bonnyrigg
  • Bridge Of Don
  • Bridgeton
  • Broughty Ferry
  • Broxburn
  • Bruntsfield
  • Burnside
  • Byres Road
  • Campbeltown
  • Cardonald
  • Carluke
  • Castle Douglas
  • Castle Street
  • Chesser
  • Clydebank
  • Coatbridge
  • Colinton
  • Corstorphine
  • Cowdenbeath
  • Crieff
  • Crosshill
  • Cumbernauld
  • Cumnock
  • Cupar
  • Dalgety Bay
  • Dalkeith
  • Dalmellington
  • Dalry
  • Davidson Mains
  • Dingwall
  • Dumbarton
  • Dumfries High Street
  • Dumfries Whitesands
  • Dunblane
  • Dundee Chief Office
  • Dundee Kingsway Circus
  • Dundee Perth Road
  • Dunfermline
  • Dunoon
  • Duns
  • Dyce
  • East Kilbride
  • Edinburgh St Andrew Square
  • Elgin
  • Eyemouth
  • Fairmilehead
  • Falkirk
  • Forres
  • Fort William
  • Fraserburgh
  • Galashiels
  • Giffnock
  • Gilmerton
  • Girvan
  • Glasgow City
  • Glenrothes
  • Goldenacre
  • Govan
  • Grangemouth
  • Greenock
  • Gretna
  • Haddington
  • Hamilton Duke Street
  • Hawick
  • Helensburgh
  • Huntly
  • Inverness Chief Office
  • Inverness High Street
  • Inverurie
  • Irvine
  • Jedburgh
  • Johnstone
  • Juniper Green
  • Kelso
  • Kilbirnie
  • Kilmacolm
  • Kilmarnock Central
  • Kilsyth
  • Kilwinning
  • Kinross
  • Kirkcaldy
  • Kirkcudbright
  • Kirkintilloch
  • Kirkwall
  • Lanark
  • Largs
  • Larkhall
  • Leith
  • Lenzie
  • Lerwick
  • Lesmahagow
  • Leven
  • Linlithgow
  • Livingston
  • Maryhill
  • Mauchline
  • Maybole
  • Melrose
  • Milngavie
  • Montrose
  • Motherwell
  • Musselburgh
  • Nairn
  • Newbridge
  • Newton Mearns
  • Newton Stewart
  • Newtongrange
  • Nicolson St
  • North Bridge
  • Paisley Chief Office
  • Parkhead
  • Peebles
  • Penicuik
  • Perth Chief Office
  • Perth South Street
  • Peterhead
  • Portobello
  • Possilpark
  • Prestonpans
  • Prestwick
  • Renfrew
  • Rothesay
  • Saltcoats
  • Sauchiehall Street
  • Selkirk
  • Shandon
  • Shawlands
  • Shotts
  • St Andrews
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Stepps
  • Stirling Pitt Terrace
  • Stockbridge
  • Stranraer
  • Strathaven
  • Tain
  • Thurso
  • Tollcross
  • Tranent
  • Troon
  • University
  • West End
  • Westhill
  • Whitburn
  • Wick
  • Wishaw

• Upvote 2

Apparently it was an update to the batch processing software that failed, and wasn't properly rolled back - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/25/rbs_natwest_what_went_wrong/

Sounds about right. Very poor change management from someone, no matter where they're based. Normal practice for a large organisation would be to make sure the update is done on a test system, checked, then fully documented including a peer reviewed rollback plan before being approved for release. Doesn't sound like that simple process has been followed here.

Of course that's not unusual in a surprising amount of companies still but you'd hope that a bank making changes to people's live accounts would be extra vigilant!

Guest davetherave

Luckily I never get bothered by insects (probably my welsh blood doesnt taste too good) :D

Bushman mozzie repellant works well, my pal used it when we were in the Yukon two years ago, didnt get one bite. Personally I was more concerned about Bears than mozzies :eek:

I didn't notice the Mozzies attacking me in Tunisia, but the day I returned home I looked like I had the chicken pox. It was brutal. I had a bite on my shin that swelled up pretty bad. I thought I was going to have to have it amputated.

Todays pet hate is everyone in my building getting their tax rebate cheques. Even one came through for my former housemate who has never had a job in his life and had mummy and daddy pay all his rent and bills. How the fuck do the government owe him money? I've been waiting for my tax from 2007 for over a year now. Come on, fuckos. I want to buy an amp!

Todays pet hate is everyone in my building getting their tax rebate cheques. Even one came through for my former housemate who has never had a job in his life and had mummy and daddy pay all his rent and bills. How the fuck do the government owe him money? I've been waiting for my tax from 2007 for over a year now. Come on, fuckos. I want to buy an amp!

At the risk of sounding like a smartarse, haven't you been waiting for it for 5 years...?

xx

• Upvote 1

I didn't know I was owed it until last year, when I filled out a claim form to find out if I was owed anything. Turns out I was, and they said it'd be sent soon. Then they sent it to my old address. They also say "Allow 16 weeks for delivery" as I think they send outgoing mail by carrier pigeon. Disabled ones.

• Upvote 1