aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Bob Knob

Going into your local to try and avoid the fitba (I'm not gay), only for it to be populated by the most disgusting human beings I've encountered so far. Just so you know, it was the Prince of Wales. After a cunt of a day at work, all I wanted was a quiet pint. No. Imagine the Criterion, 524, Drift Inn, Budz Bar, Portals, Lorne, Scotia, Broadsword, Liquid and The Gas Lamp all rolled into one giant mass of greasy bastards.

Fuck.

Titty bars - in this area at least - are for two kinds of people...

1. Moronic, loud mouthed, shaven headed, tattooed, earring wearing offshore rig-pigs

2. Faux middle-class office workers (the type who play online poker) who think it's "cool" to go these places - even more so if they can drag a client with them.

Both types are generally under the illusion that any of the worn-out, doe-eyed sploshers would actually consider having unpaid, consensual sex with them - "did ye see 'at wee hing Franco? - se wiz RIGHT intae me, min"

Even fat, ugly, anorak-wearing speccy cunts who canny get a burd have more taste than to go to these shitholes.

Ps - my old office is/was full of type 2's.

One of the best posts I've ever read.

See if you apply for a credit card and you think that you're in a strong enough position financially to justify getting it, you should appeal if you get turned down. It can be a bit of a pain in the arse pulling the paperwork together but if you show them that you're keen for it, able to put together a decent case and have some savings, etc, then you should be fine. It also means that you don't have the rejection on your file. If, on the other hand, your finances are a shambles, don't waste your time applying because you're only gonna make things worse for yourself.

I've had it happen to me twice - once from the bank that I work for and once from another bank and on both occasions, I've put together an appeal. It's just been a cover letter, printouts of the last three months worth of statements from each account (current, bills, savings account with fuck all in it and ISA), and a bit about shares/investments that I hold and their current value and details of my only other outstanding debt, my student loan. I also typically include a priontout of my credit profile from Experian which I (as above) sign up for, print out for free and then delete my membership of. I don't want anything negative on my account so I do what I can to mitigate it and have been succesful both times.

Going into your local to try and avoid the fitba (I'm not gay), only for it to be populated by the most disgusting human beings I've encountered so far. Just so you know, it was the Prince of Wales. After a cunt of a day at work, all I wanted was a quiet pint. No. Imagine the Criterion, 524, Drift Inn, Budz Bar, Portals, Lorne, Scotia, Broadsword, Liquid and The Gas Lamp all rolled into one giant mass of greasy bastards.

Fuck.

Speaking of Portals, this made me laugh. At about 5 o'clock or something I saw a guy coming out of there, standing staring at the pavement for what seemed an eternity, then spewing. He just casually walked down the alley near by and all you heard was "blleeeuuuurrgggggghhh" *splat*.

Further to my post before, another thing that can be quite a handy tip (and this applies to people who are able to access credit) is to use a new CC with a long 'interest free on balance transfers' deal to basically give you that equivalent length of time to pay a new purchase off.

So for example, I have two credit cards at the moment - one of which has long passed its interest free period and the other which is just about to expire. We're going on holiday later this year and I'm keen to buy flights before the prices rise, so this afternoon I applied for (and got) a new CC with 22 months interest free on balance transfers and a transfer charge of 2.9%. The very best you'll get at the moment is 18 months on new purchases with a CC. What I'll now do is use my existing CCs to buy the flights tonight while they're still cheap, then use a balance transfer from the new card to pay off the balances on those cards (i.e. the cost of the flights). That will give zero balances on the two original cards. I'll keep the one with the higher credit limit for emergencies and cancel the other (I've no need for three credit cards). The flights are costing just shy of a grand, so add another £29 for the cost of the balance transfer and that's the real cost of the flights, except I now have 22 months to pay them off. It's an advantage over a 'interest free on payments' because rather than having to wait until the card arrives, I can make the purchases now with my existing cards (potentially saving me money on increasing flight costs) and the extra time to pay it off means that in theory I could pay off £46 a month for 22 months and clear them. Obviously the plan is to do it much quicker than that, but it's a nice luxury to have. I'll also be adding on the existing balance from my CC which is about to start charging interest, which will save me the monthly interest payments.

The new card was a Barclaycard and I was astounded at how quick and easy the process is. The previous apps I've done have been paper based and with the appeal for the last one, it took a total of about 4/5 months from first application to receipt of card. This one took me maybe 15/20 mins to complete what they were asking for and read all of the terms and conditions. I can understand that some people have reservations of easy credit, but when you're sensible and able to use it to better manage your finances, I've no complaints.

I STARTED MY NEW JOB TODAY......but :/

stemming from the babysitting problem on Saturday

babysitting last night' date=' they didn't come home till 4:30am. Walked home in the eerie early morning daylight. Got to sleep at about 6am[/quote']

woke up on Sunday at about 2.30pm. tried to get to sleep at about midnight cause I had to meet my boss at 6:00am to drive down to Perth to start my training. I tossed and turned, quit trying sleep. took a slow walk to Mcdonalds Bucksburn at 4:30am to pass time and get breakfast since they open at 5am. walked back home, grabbed a couple of things, met the new boss, drove to Perth, got home an hour ago and still haven't slept yet

I gotta go to Perth and back every day for the next 6 weeks

• Upvote 1

Have you ever seen the film adaptation of The Green Mile, specifically the execution scene where the little bastard prison guard doesn't wet the sponge, so the death row chap, instead of electrocuting by conducting the electricity through the moisture of the sponge, he just cooks and boils until he eventually sets on fire, and everyone is puking for the smell of burning hair and flesh and the vision of seeing a man's skin melt away, exposing his skeleton and innards, screaming until he dies the slowest and most agonising of deaths?

If you cook bacon in a microwave, that should happen to you.

• Upvote 4

Have you ever seen the film adaptation of The Green Mile, specifically the execution scene where the little bastard prison guard doesn't wet the sponge, so the death row chap, instead of electrocuting by conducting the electricity through the moisture of the sponge, he just cooks and boils until he eventually sets on fire, and everyone is puking for the smell of burning hair and flesh and the vision of seeing a man's skin melt away, exposing his skeleton and innards, screaming until he dies the slowest and most agonising of deaths?

If you cook bacon in a microwave, that should happen to you.

Fuck you! I like mirowave bacon. As long as you cook it on a special bacon rack and not a plate.