aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Even if the council found a way to turn Aberdeen into a perfect Utopia, Aberdonians would find something to complain about.

The Olympics is awesome, it's amazing for the whole UK, and it really can't be that much of an inconvenience that you now need to park around the corner for a few days. Is no else even the least bit excited that the olympic torch will be flying by their front door? I am!

It's not just around the corner though (it's inconvenient from a work perspective, adding further time on my already long days to find a space then walk back home when i'm already paying to have a parking space right outside my front door), and it's more the fact that the restriction is on from the 10th yet they have the cones out on the 8th. What seems logical about that to you?

It would be a little bit more exciting if it was coming past my front door, but it isn't. My paid for parking is being commandeered to allow "events parking" whatever the fuck that means.

• Upvote 1

Even if the council found a way to turn Aberdeen into a perfect Utopia, Aberdonians would find something to complain about.

The Olympics is awesome, it's amazing for the whole UK, and it really can't be that much of an inconvenience that you now need to park around the corner for a few days. Is no else even the least bit excited that the olympic torch will be flying by their front door? I am!

Also, from the Aberdeen City Council website it doesn't even affect my stretch of the street yet the restrictions are in place (already):

From 5am on 11 June 2012 to 6am on 12 June 2012 there will be a ban on parking on either side of the Beach Boulevard from the Justice Port roundabout to the railway bridge adjacent to Wales Street, except for event vehicles.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/transport_streets/roads_pavements/road_closures_olympic_relay.asp

It's one of many torches being carried by a C-list celebrity. Couldn't give a fuck.

• Upvote 1

Guest Bob Knob

Bus drivers who stop for a chat half way through a journey. No. Stop it. I'm going to be late for my job because you can't be fucked doing yours properly.

This whole making people feel involved in the Olympics is actually becoming a right pain in the arse for a lot of people. No parking, no driving, making Aberdeen rush hour traffic even more horrendous. Aye, good een.

I pity any foo' who might be attempting to catch a bus on Monday morning. Ho ho ho...

Nonetheless something different and interesting is happening in Aberdeen for a change! i think that's pretty cool!
YYYYYAAAAYYYY they are closing off my route to work this means i will no doubt have two hours off my life taken away from me whislt waiting in traffic I am stoked because I have too many hours to use between getting in from work and then having to go to bed for work the next day.
  • Upvote 1

What time is this big shiny piece of shit that no-one cares about being paraded through town? Is it in the morning?

Cos im due home from a 3 week trip offshore on Monday and by fuck if this bollocks holds me up getting home further Im going to give the taxi driver 20 quid to drive along side so i can throw a full jerry can over them.....

• Upvote 2

The cunthead family in the flat across from me who threw all my post in the bin because it had been sitting on top of the communal electric box, where all the incoming mail goes, for 7 days. Surely I shouldn't have to tell everyone in the block I'm going away for a week to make sure my stuff doesn't get binned, should I?

I fished some of it out of the skip on the side of the road this evening, though I don't know if they threw any out earlier in the week. I'm raging. I feel like kicking their front door in, lifting up their TV and lobbing it in the bin.