aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

the argument appears to be that the royal family bring lots of money into the British economy, therefore they're a good thing. I believe that this couldn't be further from the truth. I think they're perfect example of social inequality that exists in this country, so I am anti-monarchy. I can see that they bring money into the country, but I also think that it's nothing but a short-term boost. Ultimately the last few days are just a celebration of wealth and privilege, and I think that's ridiculous.

I am also very aware that I am a tremendously inarticulate person and I'm probably not coming across as being very persuasive/knowledgeable.

I'm not particularly for or against the monarchy but I can see that the past few days were a celebration of an 86 year old woman being in the position of Queen for 60 years, nothing to do with celebrating 'wealth and privilege'. That's quite an achievement in my book and one that was rightly recognised by the celebrations. The monarchy is a British institution which other countries recognise as a special thing and that brings tourism to the country. How the income from that is divvied up I have no idea. And neither do you. But if you believe that the money spent on the jubilee celebrations would otherwise have benefited the underpriviliged I think you are sorely mistaken. It would have probably been directed towards some other more misguided direction such as propping up the Eurozone.

So personally I say spend it in recognisition of an old woman who has done a pretty dignified job of things as far as I can tell. I think it's pretty unfair to try and boil them down to doing nothing for loads of cash.

The real 'wealth and privilege' battle is with the rich boy politicians making up policy that protects themselves and their peers.....

• Upvote 1

Surprise road closures and strange diversions. South Deeside Road was closed between Netherley and Crathes tonight with no prior warning. Fuck knows where the diversion ended up, it was still heading for Stonehaven when I got bored and turned off towards Durris.

Surprise road closures and strange diversions. South Deeside Road was closed between Netherley and Crathes tonight with no prior warning. Fuck knows where the diversion ended up, it was still heading for Stonehaven when I got bored and turned off towards Durris.

Traffic between Dyce and Bridge of Don was a nightmare this evening for some reason too. Took me almost an hour to get home, normally takes 20 minutes.

I could spend all night explaining why the Monarchy is at the very least the best of bad luck. Thankfully, there is one really good argument already compressed into one 5-minute video to do the job. Enjoy.

Why is an American moaning about the royal family? I don't get it.

The annoying guy from work strikes again.

Working on a google doc, entered my username in a column and while I was doing it, he changed all the cells to, instead of my username, say "BastardFace". I looked over at him and then he burst into fits of laughter.

Fucking hilarious.

• Upvote 1

The annoying guy from work strikes again.

Working on a google doc, entered my username in a column and while I was doing it, he changed all the cells to, instead of my username, say "BastardFace". I looked over at him and then he burst into fits of laughter.

Fucking hilarious.

What a wit! You should seriously suggest he try standup.

Took over an hour to painstakingly adjust and readjust the audio and made last minute changes to a short documentary I've been making. When it was finally finished, it took an hour and forty minutes to export. That's okay and to be expected but I got it home and found that the sound is beyond crap when played on any device other than the computer I was editing it on. I hate technology.

My own impatience.

The package arrived and it was a fucking state. I was going to take pictures and make a big old complaint to Millets (not yodel, as with millets i might get some sort of discount or some shit) but I just wanted to open it up and look at my lovely new tent. So aye, I just did that.

My own impatience.

The package arrived and it was a fucking state. I was going to take pictures and make a big old complaint to Millets (not yodel, as with millets i might get some sort of discount or some shit) but I just wanted to open it up and look at my lovely new tent. So aye, I just did that.

But the actual tent was OK?

Aberdeen Shitty Council.

So, due to the Olympic Torch shennanigans i can't park outside my house (or all the way up my street) again between the 10th and 12th June. Well, that's the theory as they've bunged up fucking cones outside now (8th) which means i can't park there right at the moment. This is all despite me being a permit holder for this area.

Aberdeen Shitty Council.

So, due to the Olympic Torch shennanigans i can't park outside my house (or all the way up my street) again between the 10th and 12th June. Well, that's the theory as they've bunged up fucking cones outside now (8th) which means i can't park there right at the moment. This is all despite me being a permit holder for this area.

What area are you in?

We might have the opposite problem, we won't be able to leave our complex! Road blocked to our right and left means no exit from Kepplestone. Ridiculous.

This whole making people feel involved in the Olympics is actually becoming a right pain in the arse for a lot of people. No parking, no driving, making Aberdeen rush hour traffic even more horrendous. Aye, good een.

Yes, coupled with my major parking inconvenience i am driving to/working in Edinburgh both the 11th and 12th which means i'll have these Olympicunts getting in my way again