aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

my football team getting linked on the club messageboard with any pish, useless third rate 'player' who has just been released from a conference or league 2 club... erm they been released for a fucking reason you know!!!

This is more like it.

I will add fuel to the already growing furnace.

Your standard Saturday night drunk football twats. One of my main reasons I am discouraged from going out after the pub. Reyt fucking dick'eads!

When I read books that are supposed to be great works of literature and then don't get them fully and then I feel super unintelligent.

The barstaff at the Bobbin. Idiots, one and all.

The people on that Million Pound Drop show on TV last night, I only watched it while I was waiting for Charlie Brooker to come on and then I lost the remainder of my faith in humanity.

Aberdeen fans.

A large proportion of students.

Finding out my Dad voted for Maggie Thatcher in 1979 despite being a remarkably intelligent man.

iphones and other types of phone that do more than the fucking minimum that is required of it, i.e. to call and text.

Really bad bands in Aberdeen getting far larger crowds than ones who deserve it.

Really bad bands in Aberdeen beginning their 'comeback' shows by walking on stage and saying 'It's good to be back'. Urgh.

The Old Firm.

Being in Aberdeen for at least another year.

Ian Wood.

People who moan about me smoking every now and then. Yes, I know it's bad; no need for the super-patronising lecture.

Paying a tenner for Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster on Wednesday. They're good, but not that good.

The general soullessness in the eyes of all the blokes in suits that walk around town drinking Starbucks all day long.

Most of the columnists in the G2 section of the Guardian.

The fact that I only started reading Private Eye three weeks ago.

People who don't understand and/or care about politics.

Close-mindedness.

I know I said it before, but Aberdeen fans. Actually, Aberdeen fans x 3,358.

The fact that rain is forecast for Saturday when I'm supposed to be going to a friend's BBQ.

The gradual mellowing of Charlie Brooker. Get angrier again!

Upper management at work; the kind of folk who get born into privilege and success and never have to work for it. Not that I'm trying to make myself out to be some kind of working-class hero - I'm a student with a part-time job, but just the people who swan around all the pissing time not really doing anything at all.

My boss for being a fucking disgusting sexist moron. As well as having absolutely no sense of hygiene and just generally having the mindset of a 13 year old boy.

The lack of variety in decent places to drink in Aberdeen; there are a few really good pubs but that's it. As long as you love yer women bronze and yer men with puffed out chests, gelled-up hair and being the same colour, you'll be fine!

The shocking attendances at gigs these days.

Actually, the barstaff at the Bobbin again. The only reason I'm ever there is purely because it's a halfway house between me and my friend's flats and the prices. But fuck they are a bunch of self-absorbed pricks. The stereotypical student barmen who will serve their friends first and give you ridiculously surly service unless you've got some kind of Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch or Jack Wills clothing on, or unless you've decided to backcomb your hair that day.

And the messages that appear underneath the TV screens as well as the even kerrrrrrazier photos that appear every so often on the screens too.

...that'll do for just now.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Upper management at work; the kind of folk who get born into privilege and success and never have to work for it. Not that I'm trying to make myself out to be some kind of working-class hero - I'm a student with a part-time job' date=' but just the people who swan around all the pissing time not really doing anything at all.

My boss for being a fucking disgusting sexist moron. As well as having absolutely no sense of hygiene and just generally having the mindset of a 13 year old boy.

The lack of variety in decent places to drink in Aberdeen; there are a few really good pubs but that's it. As long as you love yer women bronze and yer men with puffed out chests, gelled-up hair and being the same colour, you'll be fine!

The shocking attendances at gigs these days.

Actually, the barstaff at the Bobbin again. The only reason I'm ever there is purely because it's a halfway house between me and my friend's flats and the prices. But fuck they are a bunch of self-absorbed pricks. The stereotypical student barmen who will serve their friends first and give you ridiculously surly service unless you've got some kind of Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch or Jack Wills clothing on, or unless you've decided to backcomb your hair that day.

And the messages that appear underneath the TV screens as well as the even kerrrrrrazier photos that appear every so often on the screens too.

...that'll do for just now.[/quote']

You seriously need a ride.

Taxi prices! Not only that, but inconsitent taxi prices!

I got a taxi from Union Street to mi casa in Kincorth on saturday night and set me back 13. Tonight I got, by coincidence, the exact same taxi, who took roughly the same route, and it cost 7. How the fuck does that work? Do they put the taxi prices up at weekends? Cause if they do that's fucking criminal, almost doubling the prices when they know hundreds, nay thousands more people are going to be using taxis.

Peak rate. Like telephone calls and public transport fares. Cashing in on the times when people need to use services. It's shite, but it happens everywhere.

Its going in here because its a pet hate/major gripe.... but its related to sport !!

Everywhere on TV atm..... ENGLAND, ENGLAND, ENGLAND... in the world cup.... everybody seems to promote, supporting them, fingers crossed for them, please no penalties etc, etc, ad nauseum..... (don't get me wrong though... I DO wish them well and hope they do well)

BUT.... I'm damned sure if Scotland had got through, there'd have been NONE of all this crap !.... I wish they'd shut the fuck up, I'm sick of hearing about it !!

Gggrrrrrrr...

:down:

It's worse actually down in England. England flags everywhere, and little street riots when the asian communities go round ripping them off cars and burning them. Well, The Sun newspaper say it's Asians, but it's probably fellow English people who are sick to death of all the Engerluuurrrrnd shite.

Makes no difference anyway, 'cos we're gonna fucking win it.

Taxi prices! Not only that, but inconsitent taxi prices!

I got a taxi from Union Street to mi casa in Kincorth on saturday night and set me back 13. Tonight I got, by coincidence, the exact same taxi, who took roughly the same route, and it cost 7. How the fuck does that work? Do they put the taxi prices up at weekends? Cause if they do that's fucking criminal, almost doubling the prices when they know hundreds, nay thousands more people are going to be using taxis.

If you go for a rake on the Council website, there is a bit which explains the charging system for pick-ups. And don't shoot the messenger, but they are going up again on the 1st August.

Best thing to do is befriend a taxi driver or two. :D

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Locking myself out of the flat in bare feet without my phone or wallet at 9 in the morning. Went to open the front door when the sky engineer turned up to allow me to watch tv again, forgot to put the yale lock on the latch. I'm an idiot.

Thankfully the sky guy let me use his phone to call for a locksmith otherwise I'd have been much worse off. Still worse off though, ?70 worse off to be exact.

Shit morning.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Locking myself out of the flat in bare feet without my phone or wallet at 9 in the morning. Went to open the front door when the sky engineer turned up to allow me to watch tv again, forgot to put the yale lock on the latch. I'm an idiot.

Thankfully the sky guy let me use his phone to call for a locksmith otherwise I'd have been much worse off. Still worse off though, ?70 worse off to be exact.

Shit morning.

That is expensive boobery. I once locked my keys in my car (with the headlights on no less) and I couldn't get the fucker opened, I had to phone a 24hour recovery company to come out and open it, which skinned me 40. The guy opened it in about 2.45 seconds.

Shit morning.

Dude, you live in Torry. You could have got a neighbour to break in for you for a tenner...

'Nother Pet Hate: When People say they feel bloated after *ONLY* eating a bag of crisps :p Damn you people! especially the Ones of teh Female variety, You make me feel worse

Aye, I know. If crisps bloat them, then they would be just as well wae a big bag of mellie pudding and chips with loads of salt and sauce etc. That worth getting bloated for.