aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Nodders (fluorescent cycle-to-work-ers) and hipsters (those who see helmet-wearing as detrimental to their hairstyle) are two extreme ends of the cyclist scale. Daft bastards.

Aberdeen is a bit hilly and windy for the latter though. It's a shame cycling is included so often in this thread, as it's dead good.

I'm a bit wary of hipster hate because it's sometimes directed at people who are merely fashion concious, creative or curious. I mean, hipsters actually go to gigs and share photos and stuff. That's a good thing, I think.

Some people are just posers though, and they're dicks regardless.

No. I have an iPod that isn't for girls who go to the gym.

:) I wanted to rep this, but I have to spread some around apparently. It IS one of the nanos I have, which I assume is what you were thinking of. Not one of those god-awful shuffles though, the MP3 Player for people who hate music.

I'm a bit wary of hipster hate because it's sometimes directed at people who are merely fashion concious, creative or curious. I mean, hipsters actually go to gigs and share photos and stuff. That's a good thing, I think.

Some people are just posers though, and they're dicks regardless.

:) I wanted to rep this, but I have to spread some around apparently. It IS one of the nanos I have, which I assume is what you were thinking of. Not one of those god-awful shuffles though, the MP3 Player for people who hate music.

Nah hipsters are generally folk who think way too much about whether the clothes they are wearing, the books they read, the art they like or the music they listen to is 'correct'.

Ergo, a cunt.

Not one of those god-awful shuffles though, the MP3 Player for people who hate music.

Why is a shuffle for someone who hates music? I love music and I've got one because it's good for the commute to work. I can fill it with a limited amount of stuff that stops me being indecisive. Shuffles are ace. So there.

My 160 GB iPod has only 14GB left before it is full. There is not much I want to delete from it. Bugger.

Why is a shuffle for someone who hates music? I love music and I've got one because it's good for the commute to work. I can fill it with a limited amount of stuff that stops me being indecisive. Shuffles are ace. So there.

My 160 GB iPod has only 14GB left before it is full. There is not much I want to delete from it. Bugger.

That's me told :O

I just kind of associate them with people who load them full of easily accesible stuff and singles, but I've been corrected. Sorry! *slinks off all embarrassed*

Here's one of mine. That whole fucking 90s "Madchester" scene with shit bands like the Happy Mondays, Stone Roses etc. Well not so much that scene, as I'm sure it was great at the time, but the kind of shitflaps who are still obsessed with it to this day. "Mad Fer It" 40-year-old ex wannabe-football hooligans who are full of stories about fighting on the terraces, but would probably run a fucking mile if anything ever actually did kick off. Cunts who swagger around with their stupid shaggy haircuts and their tracksuit tops zipped right up to the neck over their checkered shirts, going on about "the fucking Mondays man" and repeating "are you wanting a fucking go like?" with their chest sticking out and a can of Red Stripe in their hands. Many of whom can be found in Drummonds between 1am and 3am.

Go fuck yourself with a roll of barbed wire, you knobcheese douchebag.

fuck%20off%20&%20die-200x200.jpg

• Upvote 1

Here's one of mine. That whole fucking 90s "Madchester" scene with shit bands like the Happy Mondays, Stone Roses etc. Well not so much that scene, as I'm sure it was great at the time, but the kind of shitflaps who are still obsessed with it to this day. "Mad Fer It" 40-year-old ex wannabe-football hooligans who are full of stories about fighting on the terraces, but would probably run a fucking mile if anything ever actually did kick off. Cunts who swagger around with their stupid shaggy haircuts and their tracksuit tops zipped right up to the neck over their checkered shirts, going on about "the fucking Mondays man" and repeating "are you wanting a fucking go like?" with their chest sticking out and a can of Red Stripe in their hands. Many of whom can be found in Drummonds between 1am and 3am.

I imagine cocaine is heavily involved in the above too. I've honestly been started on twice on Belmont Street for saying that I don't like the Happy Mondays. I despise the music and the culture it left behind.

Ugh, yeah. I was actually pretty worried about going to Manchester a couple of weeks back because I expected it to be full of jerks like that. Didn't encounter one. Infact, a night out there was more pleasant and relaxed with less tension than one in Aberdeen,

Still, that scene's casualties are generally really awful and the music doesn't really do it for me. I have a retro tracksuit top I sometimes zip right up, though. I got it from Retrospect and it looks pretty good on me!

There is a Hacienda night coming to town very soon (Espionage possibly).

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-announcements/61321-fac120.html

My missus is from down that way and she was all like "it'll be amazing!!!" Luckily she wont be here so I don't have to point out all the reasons why it wont be amazing and hurt her feelings. She loves all those "Madchester" bands but she's not a cunt. I often point out the fact that she's wrong and she mocks me for being an overly sensitive and proud Scot (thats her answer to anything anytime I say something from Cheshire/Lancashire is shit).

Well I just checked the website of the pub chain that I had them in and the nearest ones they have are in Edinburgh:

# The Sheep Heid Inn in Duddingston Edinburgh - 92.5 Miles

43-45 The Causeway, Edinburgh, EH15 3QA

Tel: 0131 661 7974

# The Mitre Bar in Royal Mile Edinburgh - 92.6 Miles

131-133 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1SG

Tel: 0131 652 3902

# Deacon Brodies Tavern in Royal Mile Edinburgh - 92.7 Miles

435 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2NT

Tel: 0131 225 6531

Nicholson's Pubs - Nicholson's Pubs

They had loads of different types of sausages and a pretty great selection of ale as well.

Walls sausages or sausages that come in packs of 20 for 99p from Farmfoods are not acceptable. They're more water than sausage.

Also, Manchester is in cheshire, no?

My pet hate, public finance and welfare economics and the impending possibility of me failing it tomorrow coming between me and my 2.1. Regardless of other marks (I've had all 75% and above (i.e. 2.1) so far in third year) if you fail anything you are automatically capped at a Desmond; even if I get 100% in the re-sit. Exams can be so bastarding unfair. This one's worth 80% of this 30 credit course and its unbelievably hard (the course, I havn't done the exam yet). You might disregard my woes as pathetic student behaviour but I'm honestly bricking it.

I want a 2.1 so bad I do.