aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pete Hate

Poor Pete.

I'm sorry Lucky, but if I was a Dons fan and Rangers were in, say the Champions League, I wouldn't support them. By what possible logic would I, as a Scotland fan, want to support outr biggest rivals in a tournament I would hate them to win?

(Maybe Dons/Rangers wasn't a good comparison for you ;) )

Let's hope he's not one of those types who define their nationality by their parenthood...

Pete Hate: When people define their nationality by their parenthood.

No...you're not quarter Irish and a third Welsh. You were born in England, so you're English.

I'm afraid that I'm one of them... But I don't go with this fraction nationality thing, that only seems to come in hand if yr a professional footballer or need more than one passport for some reason.

One that has been with me for a while but has been regenerated after seeing it in Asda last night - things being re-named for no good reason, i.e. 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' becoming 'Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark' to introduce some sort of title continuity, like everyone was totally unaware that Indiana Jones was in it.

Bet it's all Lucas' doing, he can't leave f**k all well alone....

those bloody bank ads voiced by stephen marchant - your stupid little comments in that annoying west country accent thats so evidently you, are not funny, just plain irritating. bet the smug git gets paid a fortune for doing them as well!

those bloody bank ads voiced by stephen marchant - your stupid little comments in that annoying west country accent thats so evidently you, are not funny, just plain irritating. bet the smug git gets paid a fortune for doing them as well!

The ones with Vicky Pollard are much, much worse.

In fact Little Britain as a whole is pretty fucking annoying.

I might have posted this before, but I see it happen too often.

Cyclist thinking it's ok to sail through a red light at a crossing, but deciding it's too much effort to actually look if any pedestrians are crossing the road (I should point out 99% of the time this is done by fucking hipsters). Extra hate points if they give you stink eye after almost running you down for having the audacity to use a crossing when the green man is on. I hope they get mangled a bus.

I might have posted this before, but I see it happen too often.

Cyclist thinking it's ok to sail through a red light at a crossing, but deciding it's too much effort to actually look if any pedestrians are crossing the road (I should point out 99% of the time this is done by fucking hipsters). Extra hate points if they give you stink eye after almost running you down for having the audacity to use a crossing when the green man is on. I hope they get mangled a bus.

A cyclist steamed through the Bon Accord/St Nicholas centre lights a few weeks back, as people were crossing, by yelling "get out of the fucking way". It was a clear red. Guys like that need a clothesline.

A cyclist steamed through the Bon Accord/St Nicholas centre lights a few weeks back, as people were crossing, by yelling "get out of the fucking way". It was a clear red. Guys like that need a clothesline.

I think the last thing I would do if the lights were red and a cyclist shouted that at me is to actually get out of the way. Unless it was just to get out of the way enough so I could put a stick through their front spokes.

In the past I have lost all composure after similar incidents and stood in the middle of the road shouting up the street at the cyclist as they went on their way. It's almost enough to knock people that don't hold doors open off the top of my pet hate list.

Not surprisingly I've never seen it done by someone with a helmet/any reflective gear/any lights on their bike.

In Glasgow especially it always seems to be gormless twats who bought bikes because everyone else at the vegan cafe had one, who are too preoccupied thinking about whether their haircut is ironic enough or about that article they read in Vice to be allowed on the roads.

• Upvote 1

Not surprisingly I've never seen it done by someone with a helmet/any reflective gear/any lights on their bike.

In Glasgow especially it always seems to be gormless twats who bought bikes because everyone else at the vegan cafe had one, who are too preoccupied thinking about whether their haircut is ironic enough or about that article they read in Vice to be allowed on the roads.

That's strange. Here I mostly seem to see it done by fully kitted out cyclists. Part of the cycle to work everyday, thinks the highway code wasn't written to take into account the challenges faced by modern urban cyclists so it's perfectly ok to use the pavements when the road's busy and jump lights when I can see what's coming section of the CTC's militant wing.

Do any of you have one of those iPods you can shake to shuffle the tracks? I fucking hate when you find a track that you like and drop the thing back in your pocket only for the shuffle to go. GOD!

If you're talking about the ipod touch, you can turn that off in settings>music. I hate it.