aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Me and a work collegue got on a train from Edinburgh going to Aberdeen that left at like 16:21ish we figured it was our train which was due at Haymarket at 16:25. When the Nazi ticket bitch came round she told us we'd have to get off at the next station and wait for the next train. It was viscious wind and snow I may add and we had to stand at this piddly wee station for like 5 minutes for the next train. Who cares?? Both trains were going the same way and there was a tonne of seats!

I got from Derby to Stonehaven for free once by being sly and what not:)

It wasn't really free my wallet had been stolen, so it was really just with out tickets rather than actually free.

That's OK when Stoney has no barriers...they may manage to get into the swing of things with that in 10 years time or so...

It's a shame the general public just can't be trusted to behave. I was woken up early on saturday morning on two occasions by people being loud in the street. Not even being aggressive. Just speaking to each other as if they were stood on opposite sides of a golf

course. I just wouldn't really have the self absorbed audacity to be cuntishly loud at such a time.

Fucking stag parties on trains. My three hour journey from Edinburgh to Aberdeen last night was a fucking nightmare due to a bunch of pissed arseholes fucking shouting to each other all the way up the road (they'd been in Newcastle and were well oiled by the time they rolled into Edinburgh). As well as annoying everybody with their slurred yelling and swearing, they were sprawled across the aisles, harassing every girl that walked past. Parents were actually afraid to let their kids go past them to go to the toilet. Thankfully at Arbroath the train emptied a bit and I was able to go and sit in a different carriage and get away from them.

If it was anyone on here, I hate you and I want you to die.

A couple of years ago I was on the train coming back up from Edinburgh. I had hoped to god for a quiet journey as I had a stinker of a hangover but managed to get lumbered in the same carriage as a stagger who spent the whole time singing the horn section to Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. All the way to Dundee going DA DA DA DA DA DAAA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAA! They being a right bunch of pricks as well but got a way with it as there were so many of them and nobody (conductors included) wanted to get any bother. Thought I was getting some peace after they got off then a little girl smacked me in the face with a toy umbrella. Thanks for that.

I was on my way back from Edinburgh yesterday as well but managed to get a lift to Perth first to avoid problems on the line. May have scored there by the sounds of it.

I hate those c**ts on trains who store their suitcase in the footwell in front of the seat beside them then look p**sed off when you ask to sit there. I realise it''s a hassle to move it now but perhaps you should have stored it in the proper place in the first instance f**knugget

This, doubly so on the busy commuter services and they still glare at you like a serial rapist, selfish bastards the lot of them.

No barriers at Stoney should be in the Ace-ic thread (sentence stops here for fear of legal recriminations).

Women who can't seem to walk in a straight line whilst talking on their mobile phone. 2 days in a row I've been stuck behind some bint zig-zagging along the pavement because moving her mouth at the same time as her feet is obviously a bit complex.

That isn't women specific, a large number of men can't do it either.

Women who can't seem to walk in a straight line whilst talking on their mobile phone. 2 days in a row I've been stuck behind some bint zig-zagging along the pavement because moving her mouth at the same time as her feet is obviously a bit complex.

Pavement hogs are a general pet hate. Especially people with prams who just charge at you even if they are walking side by side with their pal with a pram without giving up an inch. And if they bash you in the shin, glare of death as if you've just thrown her baby into the road.

Pavement hogs are a general pet hate. Especially people with prams who just charge at you even if they are walking side by side with their pal with a pram without giving up an inch. And if they bash you in the shin, glare of death as if you've just thrown her baby into the road.

You know those people who get on that moving walkway things at Tesco and just stand there. They piss me off. I understand if they have a trolley they are stuck but if they are carrying a basket then they should just walk up or down the buggers!

You know those people who get on that moving walkway things at Tesco and just stand there. They piss me off. I understand if they have a trolley they are stuck but if they are carrying a basket then they should just walk up or down the buggers!

I think we pretty much covered all things escalator related earlier, starting round about here -

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/53163-pet-hates-799.html#post833882

That isn't women specific, a large number of men can't do it either.

Yup I'm quite sure but my Pet Hate was directed at the people who irked me, they were both wimmin, it wasn't a gender attack....to even things up, another one today is guys who hawk up something from teh depths of their throat to gob it in the middle of the pavement. At least use the gutter ye mink.

If some sort of machinery is going to do the walking for me, then I'm going to take what I can get. Otherwise, the roads would be full of people pushing their cars to work.

Nah, that analogy only works if people can comfortably walk 70m/ph while protecting themselves from the elements and carrying passengers or cargo. Escalators move slower than I can walk and they don't save me much in the way of physical effort.

I think we pretty much covered all things escalator related earlier, starting round about here -

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/53163-pet-hates-799.html#post833882

I can't be bothered reading through that so apologies if this has been noted but...

It is my understanding that people who want to stand should stick to the right and people who want to walk go up the left.

Damn right, this ain't The Flintstones....

...nor is it the Jetsons. Put some effort in, folks. Rosie the Robot isn't going to sponge you down if you soil yourself simply because it's easier than removing your trousers and because they're washable.

• Upvote 2

If some sort of machinery is going to do the walking for me, then I'm going to take what I can get. Otherwise, the roads would be full of people pushing their cars to work.

If only there was some sort of machine that could turn the wheels of your bicycle for you as well, so you don't have to pedal to work...

I'll be ignoring all that pre-packed meat in the butchers next time I do my food shop too. It'll be a trip into the hills, where I'll skin and gut several cows with my bare hands. Fuck convenience.

Good luck, dude. You have to walk up hills, I hear ;)