aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

80's music, or at least the stuff I've just wasted precious hard drive space on. Got a folder of "Billboard" music from the 50's through 07. Going through the 80's it's poor shite!! oh apart from one TTD song.

Having spent my formative years through that decade I can confirm on the whole it was shit especially those stupid compilation supposedly celebrating its greatness. But there was some marvellous stuff produced in the 80's such as The Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, Mighty Lemon Drops, New Order, Cabaret Voltaire, Section 25, Soft Cell (did so much more than bloody 'Tainted Love'), Lloyd Cole And The Commotions, Happy Mondays, Kirsty MaColl,The Fall, Billy Bragg, The Birthday Party, Bauhaus, The Blue Aeroplanes, Orange Juice, The Stone Roses, Altered Images, Simple Minds before they went stadium rock still think U2 produced their best work in that decade despite going stadium rock, Human League and many more...

Then there was acid house and the house music from Chigaco/Detroit... not all bad but a lot of shit was produced granted

Charlie Brooker is a right wet sponge these days anyway. He's just not angry anymore. He'll probably be less angry when he's shacked up with a lady. Pisspoor.

He has mellowed a bit, yeah, but I still think he's excellent. Occasionally he comes out with an astounding piece of writing that can articulate things in ways that nobody else really can...

Guest Bob Knob

She looks like an annoying art student. You know, the ones that tell you they are an art student, rather than just a student.

Still fucking would though.

Guest idol_wild
She is the exact sort of bland, unopinionated, emotionless robot he insults constantly. What a strange match.

She gives great gummers, though.

Fucking Sky. Just.... fuck Sky.

In my flat we have Sky, with the entertainment package. Being a wrestling fan, I thought about taking out the sports deal so I can watch all the wrestling every week. Sky Sports package is 18 a month. A bit pricey, but at least then I can watch Raw, Smackdown and TNA. Or so i thought - but no. While TNA Impact is free on Bravo (with the entertainment package), their monthly PPVs go out on the Extreme Sports channel. And you don't get the Extreme Sports channel with the Sports package. No, that goes with the News and Events package, which costs another 18 a month. Now, can someone please explain to me why a channel which is called the EXTREME SPORTS CHANNEL, and shows SPORT would fit better in the News and Events package than in the Sports package? So I have to take out the Sports package and the News and Events package. 36 a month to watch all the wrestling? No, I'll just stream it all for free thanks.

*Awaits some twatbag to say "it's just all guys rolling around in their pants" / "it's all fake rubbish" / "Why is it on Sky Sports when it's not even a sport?" / "are Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks still in it?" or one of a million other things you think I may have never heard before but I invariably have.*

In my flat we have Sky, with the entertainment package. Being a wrestling fan, I thought about taking out the sports deal so I can watch all the wrestling every week. Sky Sports package is 18 a month. A bit pricey, but at least then I can watch Raw, Smackdown and TNA. Or so i thought - but no. While TNA Impact is free on Bravo (with the entertainment package), their monthly PPVs go out on the Extreme Sports channel. And you don't get the Extreme Sports channel with the Sports package. No, that goes with the News and Events package, which costs another 18 a month. Now, can someone please explain to me why a channel which is called the EXTREME SPORTS CHANNEL, and shows SPORT would fit better in the News and Events package than in the Sports package? So I have to take out the Sports package and the News and Events package. 36 a month to watch all the wrestling? No, I'll just stream it all for free thanks.

*Awaits some twatbag to say "it's just all guys rolling around in their pants" / "it's all fake rubbish" / "Why is it on Sky Sports when it's not even a sport?" / "are Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks still in it?" or one of a million other things you think I may have never heard before but I invariably have.*

More proof in the pudding that SKY really are a bunch of cunts...

The news package is just another 1 a month isn't it? Like the music and entertainment packages. It's only movies and sport that are expensive.

Being a total fud and leaving my TU-2 tuner on stage at the Tunnels on Saturday night. I only realised when I looked in my bass gig bag on Monday night. It's the first time I've ever left something behind at a gig before.

I've done that. The guitarist in the band after us picked it up and put in his bag. Had to go to the guys hoose to pick it up. He was like all "oh is it yours" etc etc. Still go it back though. I hope you get your back soon.

The news package is just another 1 a month isn't it? Like the music and entertainment packages. It's only movies and sport that are expensive.

yeah i just got sky moved to my new hoose and i noticed that all the wee packages like news and music and kids shit is all a buck each.

right, proper pet hate right here...

just moving in to find my new hoose has got a blocked waste water drain outside my kitchen window. now, i have to wait for the drain boy to pitch up and fix it before i can drop my guts, which incidentally, i am fucking bursting to do. and since i have just moved in i dont find it particularly acceptable to chap on the neighbours door and say

' alrite gaj, i have just moved in next door, do you mind if i pinch off a monster loaf in your lavvy real quick?'

gay gay GAY!

• Upvote 1

just moving in to find my new hoose has got a blocked waste water drain outside my kitchen window. now, i have to wait for the drain boy to pitch up and fix it before i can drop my guts, which incidentally, i am fucking bursting to do. and since i have just moved in i dont find it particularly acceptable to chap on the neighbours door and say

' alrite gaj, i have just moved in next door, do you mind if i pinch off a monster loaf in your lavvy real quick?'

gay gay GAY!

Do you have a plastic bag, toilet paper and a working sink to wash the old hands? If so I think you could remedy your need, perhaps not in the most ideal circumstance but it could save us hearing about your bowel movements.

gay gay GAY!

Any pubs nearby? Good excuse to nip off for a pint and use the facilities if there's someone you can leave to wait for the drain dude.

If you have a dog, convieniantly take it out for a midnight stroll and then BAM! take a dump in the neighbours garden and blame it on the dog. If you have no pets that could poop a turd of human size then plead ignorance and claim it's an act of god.

Don't leave any bog roll behind though. " woah your cat takes human steamers and can wipe it's arse. You're right it must be an act of god. I'm also shocked your cat knows of toilet paper let alone hygiene. Can I buy it ? "

sorry I went off on one there.

• Upvote 1

Isnt EX Sports a free channel? It used to be if it isn't anymore. When we don't pay our bill on time, and they chop us down to the bare minimum until we cough up, I'm pretty sure I can still watch Ecuadorian rollerblading, or whatever they show.

Isn't there some way of just buying one Sports channel? I'm sure I'm heard of that. If i'm not making it up, then buy Sky Sports 4, where wrestling seems to be on all the time.

A few weeks back, I watched a bit of it for the first time in over 10 years. When did Edge become one of the main guys? He used to be one of the bit-part guys, that no one really cared for like Mark Henry and that one that used to bring out all the hookers.