aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

But I still fail to see why anybody really gives a fuck.

It's the pet hates thread. It's supposed to be petty and pointless.

I have a new driving pet hate after a long weekend in East Yorkshire. Since when did indicating left mean "the person behind is clear to overtake"? All I think when the car/bus/truck in front of me indicates left is "oh he's indicating left, I guess he's going to turn off or pull over so I'll slow down and then have a clear road in front of me when he goes". But no, apparently it means the road ahead is clear and I can safely overtake. Which I would have done the 3rd time the coach in front of me did it if some insufferable cunt in an Audi behind me didn't steal my overtake!

Another pet hate from the weekend. Fat blokes in Bridilington, put your shirt back on no-one wants to see that.

I have a new driving pet hate after a long weekend in East Yorkshire. Since when did indicating left mean "the person behind is clear to overtake"? All I think when the car/bus/truck in front of me indicates left is "oh he's indicating left, I guess he's going to turn off or pull over so I'll slow down and then have a clear road in front of me when he goes". But no, apparently it means the road ahead is clear and I can safely overtake. Which I would have done the 3rd time the coach in front of me did it if some insufferable cunt in an Audi behind me didn't steal my overtake!

Another pet hate from the weekend. Fat blokes in Bridilington, put your shirt back on no-one wants to see that.

Countryside drivers in northern England are generally fucking nuts. When I was in Lancaster a few years ago, people were constantly doing suicidal overtakes on a twisty country road with 6 foot high hedges on both sides.

That's something that happens so rarely these days that it's easy to miss the gesture, happened to me not long ago.

That's one of my pet hates, pulling out onto the dual carriageway and not having the opportunity to overtake the tortoise in front because of some fucknugget charging out behind you.

I hate the toilet at my girlfriend's mum's house. It has the puniest flush of any toilet in the world, and it simply refuses to flush away turds and toilet paper. So I have to stand there flushing it, waiting for it to fill up again, flushing it, waiting for it to fill up again, sometimes as much as 7 times before it's clear. It's just not cricket to leave a floater at your in-law's house.

...and yet, miraculously, life goes on.

'Poast' is from the old 2+2 forums and it has stuck (for me, anyway). But I still fail to see why anybody really gives a fuck.

It bothers me, even though it shouldn't.

It's not as bad as 'rediculous' or 'loose' instead of 'lose' though.

Did you enjoy Brid? I haven't been since I was 13. East Yorkshire is right good.

Guest idol_wild
I conker. Geddit?

A conker is a real thing.

The word concur is also reel.

%7Boption%7D insert I see what you did there image %7Boption%7D

That doesn't work, though, dude. Conker and concur are pronounced differently.

Did you enjoy Brid? I haven't been since I was 13. East Yorkshire is right good.

I enjoyed the beach and the ice cream but I didn't enjoy the endless sea of chavs and the massive expanse of arcade machines and waltzers as we arrived at the seafront.

But yeah I have to agree it's a lovely area. We were staying in Beverley for the weekend and the sunshine really brought the best out of it.

Yeah, Brid and Scarborough are best avoided if you don't like shite loud rides and scummers in England shirts, though I do find the chiming of the amusements quite nostalgic. Hornsea and Filey are good for an ice cream and a bag of fish and chips with the skin and bones still left on/in. Whitby too. The east coast is brilliant.

When I was in the Pipe Band, we used to play over the Bank Holiday w/end at Filey every year.... staying in the Three Tuns Hotel..... always loved Filey....

Used to play at Cayton Bay regularly too !

Waaaaay back, (middle 70's) when I had my Lambretta, we used to ride to Filey/Brid on trips most w/end during the summer..... good times....

Stunning countryside anywhere from Wharfedale through to the East coast...

I highly recommend a visit !!!

:up:

Fucking idiotic, braindead, incoherent nonsensical zombies I.e dense as fuck customers. " 'scuse me mate, how much is in a square metre?".

...... Uhmmmm " WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK YO USTUPID FUCKING DICKHEAD MORON CUNTBREATH TWAT!!!*%*|]_!!!!!! " .... is what was going on in my mind.

I mean really. Excuse me sir Do you have webbed feet?.

Fucking gimps.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The totally CRRAAZZZZYYY statements that go along the bottom of the screens in the Bobbin. They're so random lol.

I fucking hate those cunts. And they stopped sellin Green Goblin. The one reason I wa worth goin to. Fucking YAH dickheads.

the new government.

I spent two hours of my life the other day filling out a very complex application form for what was in reality a glorified receptionist position with the forestry commission...

I got this cunting reply today and its well peeved me off.

Dear Del

0002-12Administrative Officer

Following the recent government announcement regarding a civil service recruitment freeze, we are sorry to advise that all Forestry Commission vacancies are currently on hold.

Regards

HR Services Team

I suppose the job may come off hold when they realize its completely unworkable to just put a freeze on all civil service recruitment, honestly a few weeks in office and they're proving their usual clueless selves...

the other thing thats annoying me is those stupid cartoon things the bbc are using to advertise their saturday night viewing but thats probably because that punchable little irish twat graham norton is present in them...

Taxi prices! Not only that, but inconsitent taxi prices!

I got a taxi from Union Street to mi casa in Kincorth on saturday night and set me back 13. Tonight I got, by coincidence, the exact same taxi, who took roughly the same route, and it cost 7. How the fuck does that work? Do they put the taxi prices up at weekends? Cause if they do that's fucking criminal, almost doubling the prices when they know hundreds, nay thousands more people are going to be using taxis.

Taxi prices! Not only that, but inconsitent taxi prices!

I got a taxi from Union Street to mi casa in Kincorth on saturday night and set me back 13. Tonight I got, by coincidence, the exact same taxi, who took roughly the same route, and it cost 7. How the fuck does that work? Do they put the taxi prices up at weekends? Cause if they do that's fucking criminal, almost doubling the prices when they know hundreds, nay thousands more people are going to be using taxis.

Supply and demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I read books that are supposed to be great works of literature and then don't get them fully and then I feel super unintelligent.

The barstaff at the Bobbin. Idiots, one and all.

The people on that Million Pound Drop show on TV last night, I only watched it while I was waiting for Charlie Brooker to come on and then I lost the remainder of my faith in humanity.

Aberdeen fans.

A large proportion of students.

Finding out my Dad voted for Maggie Thatcher in 1979 despite being a remarkably intelligent man.

iphones and other types of phone that do more than the fucking minimum that is required of it, i.e. to call and text.

Really bad bands in Aberdeen getting far larger crowds than ones who deserve it.

Really bad bands in Aberdeen beginning their 'comeback' shows by walking on stage and saying 'It's good to be back'. Urgh.

The Old Firm.

Being in Aberdeen for at least another year.

Ian Wood.

People who moan about me smoking every now and then. Yes, I know it's bad; no need for the super-patronising lecture.

Paying a tenner for Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster on Wednesday. They're good, but not that good.

The general soullessness in the eyes of all the blokes in suits that walk around town drinking Starbucks all day long.

Most of the columnists in the G2 section of the Guardian.

The fact that I only started reading Private Eye three weeks ago.

People who don't understand and/or care about politics.

Close-mindedness.

I know I said it before, but Aberdeen fans. Actually, Aberdeen fans x 3,358.

The fact that rain is forecast for Saturday when I'm supposed to be going to a friend's BBQ.

The gradual mellowing of Charlie Brooker. Get angrier again!