aberdeen-music
waltz

Something I learned today

The 'Something I learned today' thread.

- Octopi don't have tentacles. They have arms.

- Exes (some but not all) are fucking mental

- There was a famous murderer called Albert Fish who sent letters to the victims' families. He ate children. Nasty.

On you go then, ladz.

- There was a famous murderer called Albert Fish who sent letters to the victims' families. He ate children. Nasty.

top 5 most horrible wikipedia article

The iphone is the exact same height as a can of irn bru.

This is neither interesting or astounding in any way but you will check it.

The iphone is the exact same height as a can of irn bru.

This is neither interesting or astounding in any way but you will check it.

Just looked at my iPhone, surely not?!

Just looked at my iPhone, surely not?!

it's literally bang on. I just happened to have both items in front of me and noticed. Afterwards, I was trying to figure out if there were any other products with the exact same height for no apparent reason.

What else is in yr top 5? I haven't had a nightmare in fucking ages.

probably this' date=' off the top of my head

[b']i'd seriously recommend not reading that though. there's details in that article that i've been unable to erase from my memory since i read it. it's amazing how quickly "post interesting wikipedia articles"-threads end up with people seemingly competing to post the most horrifying pages.

let's not let that happen. let's all teach each other nice things in this thread.

it's literally bang on. I just happened to have both items in front of me and noticed. Afterwards, I was trying to figure out if there were any other products with the exact same height for no apparent reason.

Your penis?

teddy-roosevelt.jpg?1274152343

My dad's girlfriend took Mick Hucknall's virginity.

In fact, I learnt that a few days ago but it's so cool, I thought I'd post it here.

I still can't believe anyone would shag Mick Hucknall, lots of ill-deserved cash or not.

My dad's girlfriend took Mick Hucknall's virginity.

In fact, I learnt that a few days ago but it's so cool, I thought I'd post it here.

You sure it wasn't Mick taking your mum's????

There is definitely evidence for this theory!

I learned today that old men with dodgy ligaments shouldn't attempt ballet dancing.

And that William Burroughs chopped part of a finger off to cure himself of jealousy.

probably this, off the top of my head

i'd seriously recommend not reading that though. there's details in that article that i've been unable to erase from my memory since i read it. it's amazing how quickly "post interesting wikipedia articles"-threads end up with people seemingly competing to post the most horrifying pages.

let's not let that happen. let's all teach each other nice things in this thread.

I'm shocked I've never read about this before. Good read.

Liquid draino however Is just a tad rough.

This last week I have been learning that 40BB buy-in cash games are ridiculously volatile. On a massive downswong. Serves me right for gambooling when I should be studying,

I found out today that the biggest outbreak of typhoid in the 20 century in Britain was in Aberdeen in 1964.It was casueed by Argentinian corned beef that had been improperly stored and then sold from a shop on Union St called William Lowes. There were about a dozren deaths I believe.

Watching the BBC coverage of the Big Weekend, I have just discovered that You Me At Six are actually pretty decent in a live setting. Shame on me.

Wayching the BBC coverage of the Big Weekend, I have just discovered that You Me At Six are actually pretty decent in a live setting. Shame on me.

That can't really be true can it? Nah, I'm not having any of it or their Surrey Californian yodelling.

Watching the BBC coverage of the Big Weekend, I have just discovered that You Me At Six are actually pretty decent in a live setting. Shame on me.

I was at their Moshulu gig a last year (or maybe 2 years ago) Wasn't actually that bad!

Although I did get called an emo, when I was wearing a Lamb Of God t-shirt. Maybe it's the youmeatsix fans that make them seem so shite?

(disclaimer: I was only at the gig, because I got in for free:up:)

probably this, off the top of my head

i'd seriously recommend not reading that though. there's details in that article that i've been unable to erase from my memory since i read it. it's amazing how quickly "post interesting wikipedia articles"-threads end up with people seemingly competing to post the most horrifying pages.

Morbid curiousity got the best of me. That was horrible. :(

The Moors murders is a pretty harrowing read too. Definitely top 5. :(

Today I learnt that I have a top 3 (at least) of most harrowing Wikipedia articles.

I also realized that when I'm older and have money I want to go to an Art School degree show and actually buy something.

Today I learned that India is slowly colliding with the rest of Asia and as a result making the Himalayan Mountains about a millimetre higher each year. Unless Bill Bryson is a liar.