aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I learnt that despite the fucked I used the correct English version "learnt" in my previous post, Jason still used the American "learned" in his post.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I just learnt that despite me trying to type "fact" my phone thought I meant "fucked". Says alot for my use of language.

That the term "steaming" comes from Glasgow, where folk would get on the Clyde steamer simply to get pissed without worrying about licensing laws and opening hours. Hence "steamboats".

Also, that fitba traditionally kicks off at 3pm because the pubs would close at 2pm on a Saturday.

Walking to work from my flat at a medium pace takes approximately one 2112 by Rush.

I love comparing commutes to song/album lengths. Before I moved up here, my walk to work was an roughly about one Reign In Blood. Although if it was raining, I'd get the bus, so it was about one Angel of Death.

My walk to work is pretty much Pelican - March Into The Sea, up to the bit just before the acoustic guitar starts. Which was perfect.

Walk to the pub is roughly the 2nd Dropdead LP.

Also used to find myself walking in exact time to the beat at the end of an Acrnym song whenever I listened to it.

I love comparing commutes to song/album lengths. Before I moved up here, my walk to work was an roughly about one Reign In Blood. Although if it was raining, I'd get the bus, so it was about one Angel of Death.

My drive home takes exactly one play each of:

Die Toten Hosen - For The Sake Of Love

+

Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi

+

Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces

I know this because these are the last three songs I added to my iPod and I put on the "recently added" playlist as I was leaving the car park the other day, which finished just as I went up my drive.