aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
The fucking temperature in Leith. I've got all the heaters on and yet it is still FUCKING FREEZING in my flat. Last night I had about eight layers of clothes on to ensure I didn't die in my sleep.

I can empathise. I have found myself sleeping in socks, trousers, t-shirt, shirt and hoody. With the hood up. I have considered a scarf.

And I tend to love colder climates!

People stopping behind you when you've broken down on the inside lane of a dual carriageway and waiting for you to go when you have your hazards on, no lights on otherwise (at night), are standing outside of the car and have the bonnet up.

Not just the idiocy of people stopping behind waiting for me to go (I know this to be the case as there were no cars in the outside lane boxing them in) but the cheek to then beep and flash and say to "Move your car it's in the middle of the road!".

I'm sure that if I had the ability to at the time, I already fucking would have!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

Cats. Fuckin hate em.

Right on. Cats are shite. I hate everything they do. At least dogs are fun. Cats just try and sit on you, claw at your clothes and then fuck off somewhere preparing to bring dead animals into your house. Then if someone else feeds your cat one day, then you've lost your cat, until he works out that he can get two dinners if he comes back, so you just get played. Fucking cunts.

I get this, but one of my pet hates is people who take sick days off work all the time. You're not at school anymore, you're paid to be here! People are very rarely too sick to not at least show up at work. You might be a bit under the weather and decide to go home later, fair enough, but I'm sure half the time people take sick days is just out of sheer lazyness.

I like the initiative started by corporate America where employees had a set number of 'duvet days' they could take over the course of the year. Saves all that bullshit 'im too ill' crap. You just fone up and chalk up a permitted duvet day.

Yip this is also annoying! Second hand colds piss me off more tho

Package holiday - flights and accommodation, 350 per person

(we will not take you the seventy miles between the two unless you give us another 100 each)

Don't forget baggage charges and credit card charges - huh false advertisement I'd say!

People throw faux-sickies all the time, and it often leaves you in the shit, picking up after them. It's annoying as hell, but people aren't going to stop doing it, and you're going to have those shit days where you're covering more than your own post. The only way to even it out a bit is to take one or two yourself from time to time. Or you can be honest, and always be the one who has to fanny about doing other peoples jobs all the time. Like a sucker.

Besdies, I don't get paid for my sick days, so I'm doing it at my own expense if I really just want a last minute day off.

Work colleagues who go to a pub after work...and speak about work! The worst offenders are usually oil workers. For example, I was standing in the Prince of Wales tonight trying to enjoy a pint when all I got next to me was:

Donald: "I hear the North East platform 3 project is really going to blow the Sub-Sea division out of the water financially"

Mike: "Actually I was speaking to my colleague in Houston over a conference call, and he reckons the 4527 expedition will really come up trumps"

Robert: "I can't believe Conoco got the contract for the deep sea drilling project, I mean, what's going on?"

FUCK OFF! obviously, this wasn't exactly what they said but you get the point.

My other pet hate of the day is no matter when you're ill, someone will say to you "Aye it's going about"...

NO IT ISN'T!, I just happen to have it at this particular moment in time you ARSE MAGNET...

• Upvote 1

Scottish football pundits strange new predilection for using "nonsense" as a noun.

As in, "I can't believe the Celtic fans are calling for Tony Mowbray's head already, that's a nonsense". You don't get "a nonsense". It's just "nonsense"

Jim Traynor is the worst culprit for this, the fat cunt, but Cowan / Cosgrove do it as well. Nonsense is not a noun. I don't know what the fuck it is, but it isn't a noun.

Also, Scottish footballers pronouncing "definitely" wrong in post match interviews. It's always "Aye, deffin-ATE-ly, it's good to get three points". I hate that.