aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

This week's pet hate is being shut down by the noise cops halfway through recording your album because the divot who owns the "studio" hasn't soundproofed anything. He's just stuck empty boxes covered with carpet on random surfaces and the odd bit of foam on arbitrarily picked section of wall. Genius.

I tell you what, when we're finally done, it'll be the greatest studio diary ever. We even recorded my heated debate with the complainer (who somehow got into the studio whilst we were tracking). Heady days indeed.

People who pronounce the word sandwich as "sangwich".

Just heard some stupid bint say sangwich in the lift and it was all I could do to stop myself saying "IT'S FUCKING SANDWICH." But then I would have got sacked, so I composed myself.

YES. This irks me to fuck...I actually think this is perhaps my number one pet hate. It would certainly make top three.

Guest Gladstone
People who pronounce the word sandwich as "sangwich".

Just heard some stupid bint say sangwich in the lift and it was all I could do to stop myself saying "IT'S FUCKING SANDWICH." But then I would have got sacked, so I composed myself.

Where the fuck does that come from? So many people pronounce it incorrectly.

One that I hate is "torlet" instead of toilet. It seems to only be people from Aberdeen that ever say it, but where the fuck does something that stupid come from?

Where the fuck does that come from? So many people pronounce it incorrectly.

One that I hate is "torlet" instead of toilet. It seems to only be people from Aberdeen that ever say it, but where the fuck does something that stupid come from?

It comes from Glasgow, like many many bad things in this world.

I have never in my life heard someone say they were off to the 'torlet'.

People volunterring you to do jobs at work, on your behalf.

"Why don't you get Joe to help?"

Oh there you go. A thousand letters, leaflets and business replies to put into envelopes, for council tenants to not read, because the usual envelope-stuffing-letter-putter-outers are not in today. Grim, office junior shit, this. It'll take me all afternoon whilst my own stuff will keep building up. Arse.