aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Scottish football pundits strange new predilection for using "nonsense" as a noun.

As in, "I can't believe the Celtic fans are calling for Tony Mowbray's head already, that's a nonsense". You don't get "a nonsense". It's just "nonsense"

Jim Traynor is the worst culprit for this, the fat cunt, but Cowan / Cosgrove do it as well. Nonsense is not a noun. I don't know what the fuck it is, but it isn't a noun.

Also, Scottish footballers pronouncing "definitely" wrong in post match interviews. It's always "Aye, deffin-ATE-ly, it's good to get three points". I hate that.

I'll add Chick Young to this. Nothing in particular about him, just Chick Young.

Scottish football pundits strange new predilection for using "nonsense" as a noun.

As in, "I can't believe the Celtic fans are calling for Tony Mowbray's head already, that's a nonsense". You don't get "a nonsense". It's just "nonsense"

Jim Traynor is the worst culprit for this, the fat cunt, but Cowan / Cosgrove do it as well. Nonsense is not a noun. I don't know what the fuck it is, but it isn't a noun.

Also, Scottish footballers pronouncing "definitely" wrong in post match interviews. It's always "Aye, deffin-ATE-ly, it's good to get three points". I hate that.

I was gonna agree with this but I've decided that I actually like it. Can I also add pronouncing 'situation' as 'SAT-yee-ation'. They seem to hand pick pundits based on the strength of their accent. I prefer this over some diluted anglicised accent. Keep it real boyz!

Work colleagues who go to a pub after work...and speak about work! The worst offenders are usually oil workers. For example, I was standing in the Prince of Wales tonight trying to enjoy a pint when all I got next to me was:

Donald: "I hear the North East platform 3 project is really going to blow the Sub-Sea division out of the water financially"

Mike: "Actually I was speaking to my colleague in Houston over a conference call, and he reckons the 4527 expedition will really come up trumps"

Robert: "I can't believe Conoco got the contract for the deep sea drilling project, I mean, what's going on?"

FUCK OFF! obviously, this wasn't exactly what they said but you get the point.

My other pet hate of the day is no matter when you're ill, someone will say to you "Aye it's going about"...

NO IT ISN'T!, I just happen to have it at this particular moment in time you ARSE MAGNET...

I'd like to add... this was a good post. Quality pet-hating!

Guest idol_wild
Grumpy HMV workers (in Edinburgh) even though they are busy!

I like this.

I had a little look for you after I got rid of the customer I was trying to help but you had fucked off. For the record, that was my first day on the shop floor in a store I had no idea about. Shambles.

Facebook pages for venues/organisations/any page set up to provide information rather than a personal profile that are set to private. Today I have tried to look at the profiles for the Tunnels, Drummonds and Aberdeen Curfew but I have been unable to do so due to this.

I removed them after being constantly being barraged with what was on at each venue about 24 times a day.

Nonsense is a noun! Some people just use it wrongly.

You a postie?

I think I've a new postie, and he's my pet hate because my last postie left my noise packages just outside my flat door in the block. This one doesn't, bastard took them back to the collection office today leaving a teasing card saying there were 2 parcels waiting there for me. How fucking dare he be so efficient? People doing their job properly be fucked, I want my noise...

:swearing::down:X-(:guns::moody:

My postie does that too, there's one person across the hall from us and i trust them not to steal my parcels so if i get a chance i'm going to ask him to leave the bastarding things at the door. still haven't going The dark Knight returns cause he fucking took it back to the post office and they're open at the most inconvenient hours imaginable to go collect it:swearing:

He should be fine about it if you ask him, it saves him lugging them back to the sorting office so everyone wins. It looks like I've got my normal postie back today, normal service resumed with the doorstep drop. :up:

The fucking queue at the sorting office this morning was unreal, couldn't face waiting among all those sodding people. Which leads me to today's pet hate:

People. Stupid bastard people.

:swearing:

Pet hate:

People who post their stuff for sale and then write "Offers" instead of a price.

This translates as "I have an idea how much I want for it, but I'm not going to say it because there's a chance someone might offer me more".

Fuck off, just say how much you want for it! I never respond to an advert that says "Offers", even if it's something that I want.

It seems that my patience for stupid television adverts grows thinner and thinner every day. Last week it was that cunting "my world is movies" PC World advert, this week it's this bastarding piece of cock:-

YouTube - CK FREE FOR MEN by CALVIN KLEIN - COMMERCIAL

Holy shit, what a cunt. I mean come on man, you're trying to be an ASDA Price version of Henry David Thoreau but you look like Brad fucking Pitt. What the hell are you doing? You're not a free-wheeling vagabond, you're an irritating Hollywood cuntshovel who piles 50 worth of hair product onto his scalp every morning so that not a strand of his 200 haircut is out of place. You've only got that car because you think people will think you're cool and bohemian for owning such a retro vehicle. You don't live in that fucking thing, do you? No, you live in a 50m palace in the clouds above Beverly Hills that's built out of marble and caviar and surrounded by cherubs with gold-plated arseholes who serve you duck a l'orange and champagne every morning. You tit.

And well done, you're in the middle of the fucking desert. Whoop-de-fuckin'-doo. I hope a massive bastard snake pops out of the ground and bites your balls off and then eats your car's tyres, you wanker. Then you'll be fucked 'cause your ridiculous car hasn't even got a proper roof. Hahaha. Take that, shithead. You're going to melt in the sun and I'm going to laugh at you, but hey, you're "free" so it's all good, right?

God, you're such a wanker. "The best part about getting lost is what you find along the way... I'm just going." SHUT THE FUCK UP. You are not Raoul Duke, you're a cunt. Now get the fuck off my television screen before I rant about you in the internet again. Yeah! Let's see how you like that.

And as for you, Mr. Klein (if that is indeed your real name); what the hell kind of product are you trying to market to me here? I know it's gonna smell exactly the same as all your other fuckin' products, but tell me, what exactly is the smell of "freedom"? To me, it's what the inside of some filthy vagabond's winnebago honks of after 3 months on the road with no working shower. It's the smell of dried sweat, mouldy burritos, marijuana, and a chemical toilet that hasn't been cleaned in so long that a colony of flies has taken residence in the cistern. If that's what your product smells like then I'm sure as shit not gonna put it on my body.

Pet hate:

People who post their stuff for sale and then write "Offers" instead of a price.

This translates as "I have an idea how much I want for it, but I'm not going to say it because there's a chance someone might offer me more".

Fuck off, just say how much you want for it! I never respond to an advert that says "Offers", even if it's something that I want.

Yes, this boils my piss also. Irritates the shit right out of me.

:up: