aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Gladstone
It comes from Glasgow, like many many bad things in this world.

I have never in my life heard someone say they were off to the 'torlet'.

You must never have spoken to anyone from Torry in your life then.

The pronounciation of sandwich has been mentioned in this thread now by three different people (including myself twice!) making it Aberdeen-Music's top all time Pet Hate. Perhaps we should start a campaign to educate people.

People who pronounce the word sandwich as "sangwich".

Just heard some stupid bint say sangwich in the lift and it was all I could do to stop myself saying "IT'S FUCKING SANDWICH." But then I would have got sacked, so I composed myself.

On the subject of sandwiches - and listen up, Weegies - a sandwich is called a 'sanDwich'.

Not a 'sangwidge', you fucking cretins.

People mispronouncing the word sandwich. I really hate it and EVERYBODY does it.

It's easy, it's just said as it's written - Sand-Witch. But everybody pronounces it Sam-Widge. There's no M and there's no G, so can people please start pronouncing it properly. K thanks.

:laughing: bastard.

Want to hear my all time pet hate? One that I yell at my girlfriend for at least once a day, and usually somebody at work as well.

People mispronouncing the word "sandwich". EVERYBODY does it, all over Britain, be it mates, family, or people off the telly, everybody says "samwidge".

There's no "M" in sandwich.

There's no "G" in sandwich.

It's fucking SANDWICH!

Sand. Witch. That's the easy way. Not Sam. Widge. That's the wrong way.

Now are we all clear on how to pronounce sandwich?

The pronounciation of sandwich has been mentioned in this thread now by three different people (including myself twice!) making it Aberdeen-Music's top all time Pet Hate. Perhaps we should start a campaign to educate people.

I dunno. I think 'Old People' and 'People who walk slow on Union St' have probably been mentioned much more. They are kinda dull pet hates though. The uneccesary hatred of how someone else pronounces a word is much more to the tone of what this thread is about. I love petty gripes.

Tiger Woods.

I'm sick of hearing about Tiger Woods and how many lasses he's porked at some point his life, all because of this accident. Who calls their kid Tiger anyway? Idiots.

His name isn't really Tiger that's just a nickname his dad gave him. I'm sure it's something much more mundane, like Terry or Bill or something. Off to find out...

EDIT

In fact

"Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods[4] (born December 30, 1975) is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank him among the most successful golfers of all time"

"At birth, Woods was given 'Eldrick' and 'Tont' as first and middle names. His middle name, Tont, is a traditional Thai name.[16] He got his nickname from a Vietnamese soldier friend of his father, Vuong Dang Phong, to whom his father had also given the Tiger nickname. He became generally known by that name and by the time he had achieved national prominence in junior and amateur golf, he was simply known as 'Tiger' Woods."

Guest Gladstone
His name isn't really Tiger that's just a nickname his dad gave him. I'm sure it's something much more mundane, like Terry or Bill or something. Off to find out...

EDIT

In fact

"Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods[4] (born December 30, 1975) is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank him among the most successful golfers of all time"

"At birth, Woods was given 'Eldrick' and 'Tont' as first and middle names. His middle name, Tont, is a traditional Thai name.[16] He got his nickname from a Vietnamese soldier friend of his father, Vuong Dang Phong, to whom his father had also given the Tiger nickname. He became generally known by that name and by the time he had achieved national prominence in junior and amateur golf, he was simply known as 'Tiger' Woods."

Fuck you and your reasonableness.

Groups of schoolkids on buses. Many shops sensibly only let 2 or 3 of the little shitcunts in at a time and buses have got to start doing the same. On they steam, gaggles of the rampaging little fucktoads making loads of noise, shouting, banging on the windows and then playing fucking gangsta rap on their shitty phones. Gangsta? Don't make me laugh you little prick, you'd last 3 fucking seconds tops in the Bronx. Gangsta indeed. A burst condom, that's all you fucking are. And you know it.

• Upvote 2

...then playing fucking gangsta rap on their shitty phones. Gangsta? Don't make me laugh you little prick, you'd last 3 fucking seconds tops in the Bronx. Gangsta indeed. A burst condom, that's all you fucking are. And you know it.

As a fellow Gordonian I'm sure you can appreciate that a lot of them are only listening to it in a post-modern ironic sort of sense.

Posh cunts.

Groups of schoolkids on buses. Many shops sensibly only let 2 or 3 of the little shitcunts in at a time and buses have got to start doing the same. On they steam, gaggles of the rampaging little fucktoads making loads of noise, shouting, banging on the windows and then playing fucking gangsta rap on their shitty phones. Gangsta? Don't make me laugh you little prick, you'd last 3 fucking seconds tops in the Bronx. Gangsta indeed. A burst condom, that's all you fucking are. And you know it.

You should do something about it.