aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Said it before people who come into work full of the cold and just sit and sniff, cough, moan....stay at home please I could do with out it and the cold!!

I get this, but one of my pet hates is people who take sick days off work all the time. You're not at school anymore, you're paid to be here! People are very rarely too sick to not at least show up at work. You might be a bit under the weather and decide to go home later, fair enough, but I'm sure half the time people take sick days is just out of sheer lazyness.

I like the initiative started by corporate America where employees had a set number of 'duvet days' they could take over the course of the year. Saves all that bullshit 'im too ill' crap. You just fone up and chalk up a permitted duvet day.

My old work had an initiative in place that if you went a whole month without taking a sick day you got an extra 50 or something in your wages. And if you went three months, you got another extra hundred on top of that. I tell you something, it made you think twice about phoning in sick when you were potentially staring down the barrel of losing 200 for it.

Of course I still phoned in sick all the time. And I was only actually sick once, and even then I wasn't proper sick, I just had a pulled muscle in my shoulder and I couldn't move my head. Some days the lure of going back to sleep and then getting up at 11.30 for a wank, a shit and a long hot shower is just too great to resist.

Covering someones job whilst they are on holiday, especially when they've got the shittiest, most depressing job on earth, and their computer is fucking wank. Shitty old fashioned ball mouses are the fucking worst. I'm dragging this cunt all over the place to get it to work, and when you want to click on the tiniest of buttons, but it stops just outside it, and doesn't move. How the piss has he managed to use this thing without topping himself or nuking the whole place?

The cunt is back tomorrow, so he can shove his job up his fucking arse.

Peter Kay.

OK, he's funny and I loved Phoenix Nights, but he's a money grabbing bastard. Not only has he only got one stand up routine that he's filmed and released on DVD every Christmas for the last 6 years, but last month he announced a "Tour That Doesn't Tour", only playing in Manchester.

Cue record breaking run of 28 sold out shows at the MEN, with his fans no doubt arranging to come from all over the country, because it's "The Tour That Doesn't Tour".

Now look what the fucker's doing:

Ticketmaster - Promotions

Of course I still phoned in sick all the time. And I was only actually sick once, and even then I wasn't proper sick, I just had a pulled muscle in my shoulder and I couldn't move my head. Some days the lure of going back to sleep and then getting up at 11.30 for a wank, a shit and a long hot shower is just too great to resist.

Ha and, furthermore, ha!

Peter Kay.

OK, he's funny and I loved Phoenix Nights, but he's a money grabbing bastard. Not only has he only got one stand up routine that he's filmed and released on DVD every Christmas for the last 6 years, but last month he announced a "Tour That Doesn't Tour", only playing in Manchester.

Cue record breaking run of 28 sold out shows at the MEN, with his fans no doubt arranging to come from all over the country, because it's "The Tour That Doesn't Tour".

Now look what the fucker's doing:

Ticketmaster - Promotions

I bet you get The Tour that doesn't Tour on Tour that's not coming out on DVD DVD for Xmas.

Peter Kay has two routines. Both the Albert Halls and Blackpool tower DVD's are completely different. But you're right, he has nothing else. The MEN Arena one seems to be a mix of the two with very tiny new bits thrown in between. It's a shame because he's clearly very funny.

Amazon comments on one of his many rip off DVDs

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Peter Kay - Stand Up UKay [2007] [DVD]