aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Gladstone
I'm getting to the age now where I go to gigs at the AECC or the Music Hall and I look at all the people sitting up at the back in the seated section and I think "Man, that shit looks great". No getting shoved around, or getting someone's sweaty armpit in your face, or getting covered in warm lager, or sore feet from standing for two hours, or getting your toes tread on, or some ned with his shirt off stand next you yelling, or some 6'6" genetic mutant circus freak standing in front of you. Just a nice comfy seat, a beer and a great view. I may make the switch soon.

I did this at the weekend - Kasabian at Wembley Arena. It was great.

I was at a gig down in Dundee, and we were stood a fair bit at the back. It was a good view, and a decent mix of sound. It was alright too, because I didn't really care for the band, but if it's someone I like alot, then I probably want to be at the front, punching, kicking, getting folk in a headlock and all that macho shite.

Last time I was on a plane, I was skinny as hell. Then I moved to Scotland and realised you lot just deep fry the shit out of everything, and/or lob it in a pie, so now I'm a bit more... earthy. I'm dreading my next holiday abroad, whenever that will be. Legroom was already enough of a problem, but now I've got to wedge in my arse cushions

Guest Gladstone
I was at a gig down in Dundee, and we were stood a fair bit at the back. It was a good view, and a decent mix of sound. It was alright too, because I didn't really care for the band, but if it's someone I like alot, then I probably want to be at the front, punching, kicking, getting folk in a headlock and all that macho shite.

Last time I was on a plane, I was skinny as hell. Then I moved to Scotland and realised you lot just deep fry the shit out of everything, and/or lob it in a pie, so now I'm a bit more... earthy. I'm dreading my next holiday abroad, whenever that will be. Legroom was already enough of a problem, but now I've got to wedge in my arse cushions

Pick the seats next to the emergency exits. I had my first experience of this at the weekend. It ruled. I could stretch my legs as far as they would go. I'm 5'9, so your legs maybe wouldn't get straight out to their full extent, but it's so much better than a normal seat.

They're not wider unfortunately, but I'm a bit of a skinny bastard, so I'm okay...

Pick the seats next to the emergency exits. I had my first experience of this at the weekend. It ruled. I could stretch my legs as far as they would go. I'm 5'9, so your legs maybe wouldn't get straight out to their full extent, but it's so much better than a normal seat.

They're not wider unfortunately, but I'm a bit of a skinny bastard, so I'm okay...

A lot of airlines will ask you to pay extra to secure the seats. I did coming back from Greece recently just because my trip over was incredibly uncomfortable.

I'm dreading my next holiday abroad, whenever that will be. Legroom was already enough of a problem, but now I've got to wedge in my arse cushions

:laughing:

I've got no sympathy for you, you lanky buggar........

I'm only 5' 6" and I struggle in aircraft seats (the armrests always dig into my thighs).... (not sure if that's because I'm almost as wide * as I am tall, though..LOL)

* an exaggeration

Guest Gladstone

I stopped wrestling in about the front of gigs a year or two ago, and have opted for a good view over being in amongst the madness. I used to be a front row gig goer, and never thought I'd see the day when I stood at the back, but I really enjoy gigs from a bit of a distance these days. I even stood right at the back of the AECC for Oasis last year, and the sound was really good - spot on in fact. Maybe it only sounds complete bollocks (the AECC that is) when you're closer in.

Speaking of front of gig madness, at Kasabian at the weekend, there was a mental mosh pit going on near the front. I've been at plenty of gigs where there are people going mental and there's the fight to stay on your feet as the crowd sways, or surges to the front etc etc but I've never seen a proper mosh pit before. For about half an hour, I was watching that, rather than the stage. There was a group of maybe 15-20 guys, circle would open up and when the part of the song kicked in, just charging at each other. There were punches being thrown and everything, it was mental. But it was all in good fun, as they all just kept stepping back and wading in again. I was sure it was going to properly kick off into a mass brawl, but they seemed quite happy taking a skelp in the coupon every now and again. I'd have been raging if I'd landed up next to that at a gig...

Fo-rizzle? How tall are you?

A fucking midgetary (is that a word? It should be!) 5' 3"

I reckon he'd be just about up to Verne Troyer's shoulders by now.

You're getting a belt in the baws next time I see you, Murray. Unless you're hiding behind your glass, you service industry numpty :-P

I'm all for regional dialects. Heck, the sillier the better. But good heavens. What is with "anyway" being pronounced as "onywhy" ? Is there a reason for this? is it the rest of the world that is getting vowel sounds wrong? I don't know what it is. The regional dialect doesn't bother me at all, except for that one word. Onywhy. The letter A can mean just about anything so it seems. It's like the blank in Scrabble.

I'm all for regional dialects. Heck, the sillier the better. But good heavens. What is with "anyway" being pronounced as "onywhy" ? Is there a reason for this? is it the rest of the world that is getting vowel sounds wrong? I don't know what it is. The regional dialect doesn't bother me at all, except for that one word. Onywhy. The letter A can mean just about anything so it seems. It's like the blank in Scrabble.

There are no rules on vowel sounds which makes it extremely difficult to learn/mimic/understand. I don't know if folk were saying onywhy a hundred years ago or if doric is evolving/mutating.

I love it onywhy maloon.

White people.

We can't dance, we're generally terrible at basketball, and we're socially inept.

I hate us.

Fuck you, Uncle Tom. I can dance, I am great at basketball and anyone who's ever met me knows how fucking charming I am, you cock.

White people.

We can't dance, we're generally terrible at basketball, and we're socially inept.

I hate us.

Have you been watching CITY GUYS?

Man, what a show. The white guy was clumsy and terrible with the ladies, where as Jamal. Fuck, he was one smooth operator. Good at sports, wore really good jackets, and he had smarts, but street smarts. Not science or some shit.

I love black/white best friend combos in television and films.

Also, the honkies in Hang Time could play some serious ball.

I need to stop watching sitcoms.

I love black/white best friend combos in television and films.

I need to stop watching sitcoms.

It's just a shame that the black half of the duo is almost always symbolically castrated and never gets that 'WWHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO' moment the white guy does when he kisses the cheerleader.

... Still, any scenes involving impromptu dancing or snappy comebacks are his chance to shine.

American TV is so racist.