aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet hate: people moaning about our "PC Culture".

As Craig said, most of it's made up. I hate when people get wound up about minority groups having the balls to admit when they're offended. In the M&S case, feminists found the objectification of a woman offensive. Shock horror! They've every right to. It was an advert, available for scrutiny, let people have their say.

I also hate the argument that you're gay or ugly if you found it questionable. I found it questionable because it seemed like pointless objectification. It's basic respect. Scantily clad women have pretty much nothing to do with traditional Christmas themes so it was a needless insertion of sexism. Does that mean I'm gay? No, I've a girlfriend. And I may be fairly horrific looking but that's not the point.

I think it's more the coverage of these complaints that deserve criticism. It's just going to scare people off complaining about something they find genuinely offensive if the news let the 'everyman' read and say 'oh, it's PC gone mad'. So if this carries on, we'll go in reverse, and advertisers will get away with absolute murder again. People have every right to complain, we live in a society with free speech.

And really? Complaining about Muslims getting 'offended' about Christmas? Give me a break, like you care remotely. It doesn't affect yr day-to-day life at all, it's just moaning material. Think about what's really bothering you, because it can't be that.

titsorgtfo.jpg

;)

Please, you don't have a penis. You're all smooth like an Action Man. Or so I've heard.

The only thing "smooth" about me is my way with the ladies. That, and the smooth mound where my cock should be.

Maybe not to do with Christmas, but M+S invest a lot of money in their womens underwear section and so it makes perfect sense to include it in a christmas advertisement. It's not sexist at all; that's when a large chunk of their revenue can be capitalised upon, it's not just women in their underwear for the sake of it.

Yes, that plus you'd just simply shag the arse of the coloured (can I say coloured?) girl in the skimpies - I mean she's just gagging for it - and those poofy Muslim feminists can get tae fuck.

Those M&S lemon and black pepper breaded chicken pieces are richt fine as well. Oops! did I just offend the Vegans?

Yes, that plus you'd just simply shag the arse of the coloured (can I say coloured?) girl in the skimpies - I mean she's just gagging for it - and those poofy Muslim feminists can get tae fuck.

Those M&S lemon and black pepper breaded chicken pieces are richt fine as well. Oops! did I just offend the Vegans?

Are you joking, or always this annoying?

Bigsby is right. Being tall is mint sometimes, and if we're all paying the same entry fee, I'm sure as fuck not going to stand right at the back so folk smaller than me can hog the good spots, because that would probably be 99% of people there.

Being tall isn't a walk in the park the best of times though. Buying clothes is a fucking nightmare; as is fitting into a seat on the bus, so a gig is where I'll fully enjoy the extent of my awkward genetics, by towering over every cunt and get the best view. Just like when short arse cunts take the bus seats with extended legroom so they can put their feet up. It goes around, and it comes back around. Hallelujah.

Usually I get a space near the barrier, with just a couple of people in front of me. I mean the tall cunts who shove their way to the front, just to stand in front of a bunch of lassies usually about my height. That's why I try to get there a bit earlier to stop the bloody wankers shoving in front of me but never happens...

I'm getting to the age now where I go to gigs at the AECC or the Music Hall and I look at all the people sitting up at the back in the seated section and I think "Man, that shit looks great". No getting shoved around, or getting someone's sweaty armpit in your face, or getting covered in warm lager, or sore feet from standing for two hours, or getting your toes tread on, or some ned with his shirt off stand next you yelling, or some 6'6" genetic mutant circus freak standing in front of you. Just a nice comfy seat, a beer and a great view. I may make the switch soon.

I'm gonna find you, and I'm gonna do you in.

Maybe.

Probably not.

I'm just jealous cos I'm virtualy a midget. You're almost a foot taller than me, which is scary really.

You should never fly Globespan. Even I struggle to fit into their tiny seats, all 5'7" of me. The seats are so narrow you can hardly fit your ass in them, the only place you can put your arms is in the seats next to you (which doesn't please the people sitting in them) and your legs are squashed against the seat in front of you for the whole flight. Hugely uncomfortable.