aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who just start talking to you without an excuse me or hey, pal!

This is c) you're talking to me. First I must get through:

a) you've got one of those headset things and you're not talking to me

b) you're crazy and/or out of currency and I don't want to talk to you.

In other news, 50p lady on King St has started asking for 70p. Is this inflation on the way?

Ah, like the age old myth of "if you flash your headlights at a traffic lights it will change". :up:

Don't get me started on that one. I had a minor argument in the car with my mate the other day when he told me to flash my lights at some traffic lights to make them change. He just wouldn't believe me about the sensors under the road and the sensor at the top of the lights. I would've flashed my lights at the lights to prove my point, but I didn't want any folk around to think I was one of those knobs that flashes their lights to make the lights change.

Smashed my car window, for no apparent reason. Don't keep anything in my car and it was parked in the car park off crown street. Two other pals have had theirs smashed this year too, one who stays just down from me, hers was parked on the street.

Pain in the ass!

Where do you live, out of interest? I mean an area, not an address and postcode. That would be a bit weird.

What's your address?

Smashed my car window, for no apparent reason. Don't keep anything in my car and it was parked in the car park off crown street. Two other pals have had theirs smashed this year too, one who stays just down from me, hers was parked on the street.

Pain in the ass!

Mine was smashed on South Crown Street earlier this year. Though I had rather stupidly left my iPod in it, on full display.

Pet hate:

People posting 12 different adverts looking to start an Oasis tribute band.

As referenced in:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/musicians/58762-drummer-needed.html#post791383

Sometimes, when a band has split up and it's about 12 years after their last tribute band disappeared, the time IS JUST RIGHT for starting a tribute band enthusiastically....

Guest Gladstone
Mine was smashed on South Crown Street earlier this year. Though I had rather stupidly left my iPod in it, on full display.

I hate the fact that we live in a society whereby it's almost deemed your fault that your car window got smashed because something valuable was left in it on full display.

You should be able to leave things in your car, car unlocked, keys in the ignition without someone fucking breaking/stealing anything.

Fucking mink bastards.

I hate the fact that we live in a society whereby it's almost deemed your fault that your car window got smashed because something valuable was left in it on full display.

You should be able to leave things in your car, car unlocked, keys in the ignition without someone fucking breaking/stealing anything.

Fucking mink bastards.

I hate the fact that we live in a society with such a rich/poor divide that these guttersnipes have to prey on the carelessness of the privelidged elite who can afford to pursue such consumerism (which incidentally is part of the System which keeps the underpriveledged where they are) in order to feed an addictive illness which could instead be treated by the national health service. Most of society's ills are self perpetuating and are the responsibility of society as a whole to fix.

If you have things you should look after them because some people don't :)

Guest Gladstone

Profound.

It's not always drug addicts who steal things. And it certainly wouldn't have been a drug addict who mindlessly smashed the window which started this discussion.

I certainly take the point that heroin addicts do things like this out of sheer desperation. Who you blame for people being hooked on heroin is an entirely different debate.

People who go around stealing cars/things from cars/housebreaking etc as the way they make their money instead of doing an honest day's work are the people I'm having a go at. The people who think it's perfectly acceptable to steal from someone who's earned their living, and earned the right to purchase the thing they're stealing from them, because they themselves couldn't be arsed to earn that right.

That pisses me off no end.

Profound.

It's not always drug addicts who steal things. And it certainly wouldn't have been a drug addict who mindlessly smashed the window which started this discussion.

I certainly take the point that heroin addicts do things like this out of sheer desperation. Who you blame for people being hooked on heroin is an entirely different debate.

People who go around stealing cars/things from cars/housebreaking etc as the way they make their money instead of doing an honest day's work are the people I'm having a go at. The people who think it's perfectly acceptable to steal from someone who's earned their living, and earned the right to purchase the thing they're stealing from them, because they themselves couldn't be arsed to earn that right.

That pisses me off no end.

Sorry, I was just feeling like a lefty rant. Of course there are just useless, lazy, bad bastards too......always has been always will be so lock away your valuables!

As for the mindless vandalism - cunts! But...why are they doing it? The feeling of disfranchisement is created......

Guest Gladstone
Sorry, I was just feeling like a lefty rant. Of course there are just useless, lazy, bad bastards too......always has been always will be so lock away your valuables!

As for the mindless vandalism - cunts! But...why are they doing it? The feeling of disfranchisement is created......

Fuck me, when did this thread turn into the "tell us your pet hates, but you'd better be willing to enter into a debate, and have every part of your pet hate torn to shreds to justify it" thread?

I fully understand that I need to lock away my valuables, and that I need to lock my car, and hide the key up my arse just in case some junkie finds it, but that is a pet hate. It annoys me that other people aren't as trustworthy as us decent living folk.

Pet hate that has managed to ram it's way into my much loathed top 5.

It's a three part pisser.

1. A) People who never lock the door of either a public cubicle or in a household.

B) People who never wash their hands after pissig or god forbid shitting.

C) The strange but popular collective who sound as though they're jacking off when taking a piss. I like to think they're not but I mean it ain't nessecary unless you're relieving yourself of hefty kidney stones.

Fuckers.

Pet hate that has managed to ram it's way into my much loathed top 5.

It's a three part pisser.

1. A) People who never lock the door of either a public cubicle or in a household.

B) People who never wash their hands after pissig or god forbid shitting.

C) The strange but popular collective who sound as though they're jacking off when taking a piss. I like to think they're not but I mean it ain't nessecary unless you're relieving yourself of hefty kidney stones.

Fuckers.

Part 'C' is very, very true.

Fuck me, when did this thread turn into the "tell us your pet hates, but you'd better be willing to enter into a debate, and have every part of your pet hate torn to shreds to justify it" thread?

I fully understand that I need to lock away my valuables, and that I need to lock my car, and hide the key up my arse just in case some junkie finds it, but that is a pet hate. It annoys me that other people aren't as trustworthy as us decent living folk.

I think that is just the nature of chat sites. You don't have to enter into a debate on my account. Sorry for your upset :kiss:

P.S. I'd class theft in the "things that are definitely bad" category along with rape, violence, political corruption, genocide etc. rather than "pet hates" but there you go.

I would like to know why....as there was no valuables on display and plenty other cars there which might of had more :( fixed now and 60 poorer, thanks mindless scumbags who ever you are...

Another thing that annoys me is what can you do about it?? after hearing about so many break-ins houses(my pal got broken into for the second time in 3 months last week on union grove) and cars - surely should be some cause for more CCTV or the likes in these affected areas?