aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Fruit corners. They are awesome tastyness wise. But fuck sake half the fucking fruit is stuck on the side of the mini compartment and it's too small to get at with a spoon. I can't be fucking licking the pot at work. There must be a better delivery system to get the fruit from the little corner into the main compartment. Do some work muller, fix your design.

This reminds me of the miniature bread scene in This is Spinal Tap.

Let's not play around and face facts - I don't like drinking from paper cups.

What boggles my mind is that Burger King-like cups aren't even waterproof. It just takes a long time for the juice to soak through. I left a BK cup on the side, and the next day, the coke had just soaked through and slowly spilled everywhere. We're all being fucking conned. Or maybe I should have just put it in the bin.

What boggles my mind is that Burger King-like cups aren't even waterproof. It just takes a long time for the juice to soak through. I left a BK cup on the side, and the next day, the coke had just soaked through and slowly spilled everywhere. We're all being fucking conned. Or maybe I should have just put it in the bin.

I get around this problem by not going into Burger King, in a John Travolta stylee.

While I enjoy a nice put-down, why don't you like Bill Hicks? As a critical art debate, this isn't me saying WOT'S WRONG WITH BILL, YOU DICK?

He's a big influence on the things I think but don't bother telling anyone because i'm a lot less funny.

It's cool to hate.

In all seriousness though i'm just fed up of people name-checking someone who was mildly funny at the time but now is so irrelevant he's barely worth a mention. I'm sure Frankie Boyle will go the same way on a much smaller scale. I have a very low tolerance for stand-up comics anyway, so he's in a lose/lose situation as far as my interest goes.

Out of interest, what part of 80s/early 90s America do you feel you identify with the most?

It's cool to hate.

In all seriousness though i'm just fed up of people name-checking someone who was mildly funny at the time but now is so irrelevant he's barely worth a mention. I'm sure Frankie Boyle will go the same way on a much smaller scale. I have a very low tolerance for stand-up comics anyway, so he's in a lose/lose situation as far as my interest goes.

Out of interest, what part of 80s/early 90s America do you feel you identify with the most?

Cheers for being patronising.

I don't feel as if I indentify with American culture from before I was born. I identify with Hicks' politics, his vitriol at the american dream and how countries are governed. For example, how he talked about the Waco disaster was inspiring. He wasn't even a journalist, but he took it upon himself to tell the true story like no major news channels did. That's huge.

His influence on film-makers like Michael Moore is surely undisputed, and Moore is extremely influential. And he's inspired scores of both comedians and normal people to question the authority that controls them, and everyday social conventions.

It's cool that you don't find him funny, I respect that. But it's extremely debatable that he's 'irrelevant' to this generation.

While I enjoy a nice put-down' date=' why don't you like Bill Hicks? As a critical art debate, this isn't me saying WOT'S WRONG WITH BILL, YOU DICK?

He's a big influence on the things I think but don't bother telling anyone because i'm a lot less funny.[/quote']

I don't think it's Bill Hicks so much more the hero worshipping fan boi's that seem to think he is the answer to everything.

It's like Che Geuvara being the poster boy for students or people that always shout for Oasis to headline whatever festival.

Cheers for being patronising.

I don't feel as if I indentify with American culture from before I was born. I identify with Hicks' politics, his vitriol at the american dream and how countries are governed. For example, how he talked about the Waco disaster was inspiring. He wasn't even a journalist, but he took it upon himself to tell the true story like no major news channels did. That's huge.

His influence on film-makers like Michael Moore is surely undisputed, and Moore is extremely influential. And he's inspired scores of both comedians and normal people to question the authority that controls them, and everyday social conventions.

It's cool that you don't find him funny, I respect that. But it's extremely debatable that he's 'irrelevant' to this generation.

I wasn't being patronising, i was just pointing out that his views are a bit dated.

There were people doing his "thing" before him and there will be people doing it til the cows come home. The Waco thing was interesting, granted, but hardly groundbreaking (neither at the time nor 16 years later)..

Michael Moore is a clown. His "documentaries" are exploitative and hate-mongering pieces of self-gratification.

Haha, yes Bill Hicks has inspired a bunch on people who can't form an opinion for themselves to adopt his opinions...

I would never say that i hadn't laughed at Bill Hicks at the time but his material doesn't have the same effect on me that it did at the time. In hindsight i think the main draw to his humour as a 12 year old was just because of his anti-authoritarian take on things and his crass use of language. I've grown out of needing that to amuse myself.

I wasn't being patronising, i was just pointing out that his views are a bit dated.

There were people doing his "thing" before him and there will be people doing it til the cows come home. The Waco thing was interesting, granted, but hardly groundbreaking (neither at the time nor 16 years later)..

Michael Moore is a clown. His "documentaries" are exploitative and hate-mongering pieces of self-gratification.

Haha, yes Bill Hicks has inspired a bunch on people who can't form an opinion for themselves to adopt his opinions...

I would never say that i hadn't laughed at Bill Hicks at the time but his material doesn't have the same effect on me that it did at the time. In hindsight i think the main draw to his humour as a 12 year old was just because of his anti-authoritarian take on things and his crass use of language. I've grown out of needing that to amuse myself.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

EDIT: Although I do find a great deal of offence in the implication that i can't think for myself because i'm a fan of Bill Hicks. That's utterly ridiculous. But I can't be bothered arguing, it'll just go round in circles.

Moving swiftly on, my pet hate is fucking wacky students. I take a wee wander down to the pub to abuse their wireless internet connection, and shortly afterwards I'm surrounded by just about every cunting student in Aberdeen, all in fancy fucking dress. Bastards.

EDIT: Quiz night. Makes a wee bit more sense now.