aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

To be fair, how I crashed a rocket car and was smashed into a million pieces and glued back together yet still don't look like The Elephant Man is actually worthy compared to the other nonevents on your list.

Aye, but I think he already did all that stuff in one book. He's now got another book out.

If that's the case, the previous few pages could offer some invaluable advice!

It's by private courier, not royal mail, which makes this whole thing even more puzzling/worrying as I don't know where I can go to check if it hasn't been dropped off.

It's by private courier, not royal mail, which makes this whole thing even more puzzling/worrying as I don't know where I can go to check if it hasn't been dropped off.

I forgot there were posts about Royal Mail, I was meaning the ones about begging might come in handy!

Can you not track the delivery if it is by courier? A lot of these services log when packages have been picked up, are in transit and then delivered. They might be able to give you the status of your delivery at least.

Fucking Primark and their shitty-ass paper carrier bags. "Oh we use paper bags because they are stylish and also good for the environment". That's all well and good until I am walking down Union Street in the rain and the bag gets wet, falls to fucking pieces and dumps all my new clothes ON THE FUCKING GROUND! Fuck you Primark. Just fuck you.

Fucking Primark and their shitty-ass paper carrier bags. "Oh we use paper bags because they are stylish and also good for the environment". That's all well and good until I am walking down Union Street in the rain and the bag gets wet, falls to fucking pieces and dumps all my new clothes ON THE FUCKING GROUND! Fuck you Primark. Just fuck you.

Had a similar 'mare last month: got off the train at Stoney and chanced my arm walking down to my flat in a light shower. Big mistake. Light shower becomes heavy shower, bag falls to bits in my arms, wet clothes. Cheapskate bastards.

:down:

I think the inclement weather of autumn in this city makes a case for sturdier bags. I try to bring my own when I remember.

A couple of weeks ago, when it was hellish windy, my bag ripped while walking home with a couple of nice big beer bottles in it. SMASH. FUCK. Only one man over board but I was inconveniently equally distant from two bins... I picked up all the big pieces and tried kicking the rest into the gutter before realising that was more of a hazard for motorists than children on the pavement

Anyway, fuck you Aberdeen and your foul weather :down:

Someone has probably posted this before, but people talking at gigs. Especially when its a quiet act playing.

I went to see Bat For Lashes in Glasgow last week. I was looking forward to hearing the songs that had given me goosebumps on many occasions being played live, but instead those beautiful tender quieter moments of the set were spoilt for me by two girls standing behind me talking really loudly. I did not pay 17 to go and listen to them talk. Fucking morons!

WANKERS of students who underline practically every fucking word in a passage in a library book, meaning I either have to put up with hundreds of squiggly lines distracting me while I read or spending ages rubbing the fuckers out.

PISS OFF AND STOP BEING SUCH GROTTY SHITS, I hate being at uni sometimes.

I keep catching colds because no-one bloody covers their mouths when they cough in lectures, and hardly anyone washes their hands (while queuing in the ladies, I've realised the majority of lassys prefer to just stand in front of the mirror and flick their greasy hair about before leaving... no handwashing at all :down:)

*psst I know swearing isn't big or clever, but it makes me feel better to rant like this when I'm really annoyed...

WANKERS of students who underline practically every fucking word in a passage in a library book, meaning I either have to put up with hundreds of squiggly lines distracting me while I read or spending ages rubbing the fuckers out.

PISS OFF AND STOP BEING SUCH GROTTY SHITS, I hate being at uni sometimes.

I keep catching colds because no-one bloody covers their mouths when they cough in lectures, and hardly anyone washes their hands (while queuing in the ladies, I've realised the majority of lassys prefer to just stand in front of the mirror and flick their greasy hair about before leaving... no handwashing at all :down:)

*psst I know swearing isn't big or clever, but it makes me feel better to rant like this when I'm really annoyed...

Swearing is big and clever. I've heard so much anti-swearing propaganda lately, it's upsetting.

Haha I'm fed up of the "you have a limited vocabulary, that's why you swear". I'm sorry but saying "This case of clear vandalism, by my fellow students, on university property has deeply upset me" doesn't get your anger out quite like "FOR FUCK'S SAKE"

Exactly. Someone in a class at uni said that only idiots swear. You can imagine what I said to him.

And yes, I felt big and clever.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone
Someone has probably posted this before, but people talking at gigs. Especially when its a quiet act playing.

I went to see Bat For Lashes in Glasgow last week. I was looking forward to hearing the songs that had given me goosebumps on many occasions being played live, but instead those beautiful tender quieter moments of the set were spoilt for me by two girls standing behind me talking really loudly. I did not pay 17 to go and listen to them talk. Fucking morons!

Phil (idol_wild) knows how to deal with this. You should ask him...

Guest Gladstone

New Pet Hate.

The band Toykult.

I'm not even sure who they are, but they are myspace friends with us. I got a text last night, asking if we'd totally changed our music because there was some weird electronic dancy stuff on our page. So I checked it out and couldn't understand what the hell was going on. Thought someone had hacked our page or something - checked our uploaded songs etc - all as should be.

Eventually thought to check the comments, and there was a "tune widget" comment from Toykult, which whenever you opened our page, it automatically played over the top of our songs.

I'm all for promotion, and posting posters, endless comments promoting gigs etc on people's myspace pages doesn't bother me one bit, but posting a song all over myspace on other bands' pages so that when someone loads up said band's page, all they hear is someone else's song, is going too far.

Toykult = blocked.