aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It annoys me people who seem to rely on the debit card to pay for everything. personally i dont trust the banks with my money and wouldn't go about with no money on my person. due to the fact is i never know whats going to happen to me if something expected comes up and i need cash instantly, johnny machines dont have a bit to put your card in yet

Hmm I imagine they would have a 5 minimum spend limit. Will be a bloody good night anyway :D

similarly it annoys me when i ask "what kind of music do you like?" to someone

the usual response is "anything really"

to which point im thinking "you wouldnt appreciate messhugah"

Actually.... here's my last fm library :up: If you said The Cheeky Girls or some Hard House Anthems 7 or some other dance compilation I would fall foul of your point :p

Their is an entire subgenre of metal called 'djent' which basically sounds like Meshuggah. For your aural displeasure here's a

Leaving aside the fact that a relatively small increase to an hourly wage is very unlikely to result in unemployment elsewhere in the school, it's a tricky argument.

You'd be surprised.

If you mean that as a result of the postal strike (for example) people who run mail order businesses might go under (I say this as a previous owner of just such a business) the yes, that is a concern, but surely one that validates the importance of the role of the postal service and its employees who deserve suitable renumeration?

But when the postal service aren't really providing a service worth crowing about and certainly not worth a pay-rise on performance its employees by and large don't deserve pay rises etc.

In the public sector on the other hand, there is so much money available for quangos, trams, jollies, ect etc etc that if someone were to lose their job ostensibly because their money had gone to cover minor wage increases elsewhere they would not only probably have a fair case for unfair dismissal but the council would face such a backlash that they would effectively make themselves unelectable. An extreme case I know, but I think your suggestion is pretty extreme too.

Those monies come from different places as you probably well know. Most schools have their own budgets which are hardly over flowing with money as it is, certainly as far as wages are concerned.

My wages are paid from the council's Support for Learning budget, not the school's.

With regards to the postal service (and this is only my opinion), am I the only person not to think it's shit? First class mail travels quickly, I receive mail without problems, Amazon make a fortune out of me, my life is in no way adversely affected by Royal Mail. If anything, it's private carriers that are a pain in the arse.

EDIT: in response to Fatboy. I didn't quote cos the quote was massive.

You're assuming I have a debit card. I guess you didn't read the Bank Charges thread where I stated the bank won't even give me one. I don't blame you, it was a pissboring thread, and my post wasn't even on topic. But no. I don't have one. If I want to buy some food, I have to draw the money out from a machine with an electronic card, and use the money in a shop that stocks just about everything, like some fucking caveman.

And also, very obviously, I didn't try to withdraw 1.14. That was a joke I made. The amount was a guess, although branded bread is over a quid these days so it seems... Although in the response to a quote above mine, you say it annoys you that people rely on a debit card, but then ask why I didn't use mine, the one I don't even own. If I had one, I certainly wouldn't be using it to buy bread, since most cashiers will look at you like you've crowned the conveyor belt with a tight, curly turd if you use a debit card to buy something that cost less than a fiver. Alot of places won't even let you at all.

However, if a checkout clerk has got a problem with my legal tender, they can take it up with my bank.

Ive been in that situation myself having only a cashline card to withdraw funds

yes i encouraged you to that without knowing you didnt have one, but then i also knew you didnt try and withdraw 1.14

so it cancells each other out

its just people who go day to day without a penny in their pocket

i.e

a guy will come to my work for example a washer jet for the bonnet of his car,

id usually just charge a quid for it without a reciept then they try and hand over ther card,

we cant take payment under a tenner on a card, and tell them it will have to be cash

then they look at you as if stupid as if they were expecting to get it for nothing

common you dont even have a quid in your pocket?

I don't fucking switch anything. Cash all the way. It's way too easy to switch something, then forget about it and check your balance a couple days later, think you still have money and switch something else, then end up overdrawn and getting charged. It's not so bad now it comes off your available balance immediately, but it didn't used to.

People who go on strike. It's counterproductive you bunch of no-hope wankers.
YAS!

The postal strikes are doing my nut it... you strike, but then you have an issue with temps coming in to cover your work? You can't have your cake and fucking eat it. It's a recession. Be thankful you have a shit, dipshit. If you're so unhappy then I'm sure someone else will gladly take over. Your job changes. That's life. Tough shit.

You can tell I work in the private sector. Man up!

I will bear this in mind when I go out on strike this Friday.

• Upvote 1

I work in equivalent positions in both the private and public sector, and despite the recent payrise in the public sector job, the private sector hourly is still higher. Perhaps I should go back out?

Sure, why not?. Man up, grit your teeth, take that filthy capitalist route.

Hold your nose.

I will bear this in mind when I go out on strike this Friday.

Make sure you do Phil. And while you're there could you point out to some of your colleagues that i don't need other people's mail from around the city who happen to have the same door number as me. I mean it's not fucking rocket science. The addresses are different for the love of Christ! I even put it back in the mail hoping that it would get delivered to the rightful owner but lo and behold the accursed letter was on my door mat again when i got home 2 days later.

Make sure you do Phil. And while you're there could you point out to some of your colleagues that i don't need other people's mail from around the city who happen to have the same door number as me. I mean it's not fucking rocket science. The addresses are different for the love of Christ! I even put it back in the mail hoping that it would get delivered to the rightful owner but lo and behold the accursed letter was on my door mat again when i got home 2 days later.

I've been telling the 'floater' postman who covers my job on my days off that he's doing things wrong for months, but he carries on regardless. Btw, he's Polish.

Told management too, they don't give a fuck.

I've also told management every day for about 6 months about numerous buildings with no access due to service buttons being off, once again, they don't give a fuck.

etc etc etc

:up:

I've been telling the 'floater' postman who covers my job on my days off that he's doing things wrong for months, but he carries on regardless. Btw, he's Polish. Told management too, they don't give a fuck.

:up:

And that's why, for the most part, people working for the Royal Mail don't deserve a pay-rise. Unfortunately it reflects badly on the people who do put the effort in to do their job correctly (including yourself i'd presume). It's unfair on people who do a good job but where's the incentive for these clowns do do their job properly if their just going to get a pay-rise anyway?

I don't think the regional quality of mail delivery is necessarily the chief reason why Royal Mail shouldn't get a pay rise. It's mainly because we're drowning in debt.

But I suppose I'm becoming something of a "Johnny One Note" on this forum with regard to this issue.

Strike Strike. Print print. Loaf of Hovis, a bargain at 5!

I live in a typical Aberdeen tenement (which I have a lot of pet hates about but I'll save those for another day), but on the subject of postmen, ours used to let himself in via the service button and put the mail though the individual doors. Now they all get dumped though the main door for people to trample on. Do you're fecking job properly and I might have some sympathy for your bloody strike!

I don't think the regional quality of mail delivery is necessarily the chief reason why Royal Mail shouldn't get a pay rise. It's mainly because we're drowning in debt.

But I suppose I'm becoming something of a "Johnny One Note" on this forum with regard to this issue.

Strike Strike. Print print. Loaf of Hovis, a bargain at 5!

There is that too, but they simply aren't providing a good service either.

Maybe they need some letter/small parcel delivery competition...

Yeah well, that might happen. I mean, we don't really need 1st class mail delivery in a city like Aberdeen. You can get courier and parcel delivery from a number of sources and everything else is email.

Something to consider, comrades :up:

Guest idol_wild

I was a postman a few years back and I can confirm that quite a number of postmen are very poor at their job and don't deserve their 7-odd per hour. I wouldn't trust half of them as far as I could throw them, either.

I was threatened a couple of times regarding the strikes that were going on when I was employed by Royal Mail, and funnily enough, the colleagues that were showing threatening behaviour towards me were the ones I trusted the least and always seemed to finish their rounds at 10am. Funny, that.

I had a massive fuck-off round in Cults which involved me having to take two buses to get home (I'd start at 5:15am and get home around 3pm) but i didn't feel the need to strike about anything - I was grateful to have a job and be able to pay for my rent at the end of the month. I just wanted to get my head down and work.

I quit being a postman due to the strikes because they were achieving nothing.

And that's why, for the most part, people working for the Royal Mail don't deserve a pay-rise. Unfortunately it reflects badly on the people who do put the effort in to do their job correctly (including yourself i'd presume). It's unfair on people who do a good job but where's the incentive for these clowns do do their job properly if their just going to get a pay-rise anyway?

I have zero problem doing my job according to the rules and working my full hours(I rarely finish before my time now), but it is virtually impossible to do so due to minimal or no support from management and ever increasing workloads/changes.

Some of RM proposed changes will completely ruin what is already a screwed up service. If you think the quality of service is bad now, due to some of these proposed changes it's only going to get worse.

They don't give a fuck about it's workforce and they don't give a fuck about the customer.