aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Also, that academy hobo can get to fuck if he thinks i'll give him change just coz he tipped me off that the atm across the way will charge me. He reels in tonnes of suckers with that little trick.

That "hobo"'s name is Darren. He is one of the nicest people I've had the good fortune to meet. I've known him for a long time now, 2-3 years maybe? Not once have I ever seen any hint of him trying to scam someone.

That "hobo"'s name is Darren. He is one of the nicest people I've had the good fortune to meet. I've known him for a long time now, 2-3 years maybe? Not once have I ever seen any hint of him trying to scam someone.

Might be a nice enough fella but he's there to make a buck,. I wouldn't call it a scam, more strategic use of information. Why do you think he sits there? No offence but it's a bit naive if you think there's no motive behind him being in an area of heavy traffic. I worked on Belmont street for a long time and know all the regulars and their particular ways.

Might be a nice enough fella but he's there to make a buck,. I wouldn't call it a scam, more strategic use of information. Why do you think he sits there? No offence but it's a bit naive if you think there's no motive behind him being in an area of heavy traffic. I worked on Belmont street for a long time and know all the regulars and their particular ways.

I'm not saying he isn't looking to make cash; I'm not an idiot. I just don't think he's as malcontented as you initially made out.

Of course if you don't like making purely electronic music then that's a drawback..

The less organic the better. I might have to investigate.

He's living like a king at our expense. PC gone mad, close the borders etc etc.

I'm not sure if this is a dig, a joke or what but I honestly can't be fucked with beggars, I'm against the concept as a whole. One person asking another person to give them money for no reason doesn't seem right to me. Organised charity with an equal distribution amongst the needy is fine but begging on the street i'm not a fan of.

I'm not sure if this is a dig, a joke or what but I honestly can't be fucked with beggars, I'm against the concept as a whole. One person asking another person to give them money for no reason doesn't seem right to me. Organised charity with an equal distribution amongst the needy is fine but begging on the street i'm not a fan of.

Bit of both.

The guy offered useful, money saving advice. Tip him or don't. If it's the same guy Nefarious C is talking about, he doesn't ask for change.

About 7 times out of 10 he tells me the machine will charge me, multiply that by however many people use that machine... there's a point where it goes beyond a friendly bit of advice and becomes a tactic. I don't tip him but because he's given me help, which I didn't ask for in the first place, I end up feeling guilty. If we're all talking about the same guy then yes he does ask for change, from the other side of the street even.

About 7 times out of 10 he tells me the machine will charge me, multiply that by however many people use that machine... there's a point where it goes beyond a friendly bit of advice and becomes a tactic. I don't tip him but because he's given me help, which I didn't ask for in the first place, I end up feeling guilty. If we're all talking about the same guy then yes he does ask for change, from the other side of the street even.

If I was homeless, I'd prefer to chance a few coins than watch someone shit away one fifty on a machine that supplies them with their own damn cash. It's a shite living: they're not exactly going to pan handle in the countryside.

My pet hate for today is lazy cretins who encourage banks to charge at ATMs when there's a free alternative 10 paces and a five minute wait away.

My boss has taken his 5 year old son to work with him. I've no fucking idea why. I understand school is off just now, but he has another baby son, and he's not here, so obviously theres someone who could take care of him. Why couldn't they take care of both?

Now I have either a whole day or at least a half day of hearing a child battering a spacebar playing internet mini games and telling his Daddy how many points he's got.

EDIT: He just left. His granny came to pick him up. Not as bad as I thought then. Maybe I'm a cunt.

My boss has taken his 5 year old son to work with him. I've no fucking idea why. I understand school is off just now, but he has another baby son, and he's not here, so obviously theres someone who could take care of him. Why couldn't they take care of both?

Now I have either a whole day or at least a half day of hearing a child battering a spacebar playing internet mini games and telling his Daddy how many points he's got.

Play the same game as him and kick his ass.

He won't come back.

The two cash machines on Belmont Street - One usually has a massive queue at lunchtimes, and the other one has zero queue. Since I usually have that couple of quid over the nearest 10 in my account, I'll usually use it for the sake of not wasting 5 minutes in a queue on my lunch house. It's no big deal. I don't make a habit of it though.

Make sure you do Phil. And while you're there could you point out to some of your colleagues that i don't need other people's mail from around the city who happen to have the same door number as me. I mean it's not fucking rocket science. The addresses are different for the love of Christ! I even put it back in the mail hoping that it would get delivered to the rightful owner but lo and behold the accursed letter was on my door mat again when i got home 2 days later.

On the upside, it only took two days to come back. :up:

Beggars that just sit on the pavement and ask for spare change I can live with, I never give the anything but I do sometimes feel a pang of guilt about it. I at least give them the courtesy of acknowledging their existence and saying "no, sorry" when they ask for change, unlike a lot of people. The ones I hate are the ones that walk up to you and stop you when you're walking by yourself and start giving you a sob story. They always stand a bit too close and make you feel a little intimidated. I sometimes give them money just to make them go away but I always grudge them every penny. I usually act as though I'm digging deep into my pocket, then just skim a couple of coins off the top, then pull out a 5p and 20p or something (never a pound!) and pretend that's all I've got.

Some of the sob stories they come away with are amazing:

"I need to get to Portlethen because my sisters fallen over"

"I need a fiver to get to the hospital"

"I can't find my wallet..."

The best one I ever heard was from one of the older ones:

"Excuse me Sir...I'm going to get straight to the point...I wouldn't mind a bottle of white lightning, can you spare money so I can buy it"

?(

I once got asked by a woman in Leeds if I could give her 20p for the phone. I thought she was one of the usual ones who loiter the streets asking for change, but then asked me if I wanted a "sexy time" in her car. Turns out she was a hooker, I think. Or just wanted a good banging and to make a phone call. Who knows?

The ones I hate are the ones that walk up to you and stop you when you're walking by yourself and start giving you a sob story. They always stand a bit too close and make you feel a little intimidated. I sometimes give them money just to make them go away but I always grudge them every penny. I usually act as though I'm digging deep into my pocket, then just skim a couple of coins off the top, then pull out a 5p and 20p or something (never a pound!) and pretend that's all I've got.

Never give them anything either. Can't say they intimdate me, but I'm 6' 4". Used to have a girlfriend who insisted on giving cash to every scrounger we saw.