aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

YAS!

The postal strikes are doing my nut it... you strike, but then you have an issue with temps coming in to cover your work? You can't have your cake and fucking eat it. It's a recession. Be thankful you have a shit, dipshit. If you're so unhappy then I'm sure someone else will gladly take over. Your job changes. That's life. Tough shit.

You can tell I work in the private sector. Man up!

More shite.

:up:

Then you get "Oh, the Sex Pistols?".

Just die.

Yeah, it's terrible when someone trying to make polite conversation doesn't have an in depth knowledge of the particular genre of music that you enjoy.

Hairy fannies. There's just no excuse.

Yes! I know! Why?! Why the fuck do so many girls not even bother to trim down there? Genuine puzzlement, and if your spouse has a hairy vag it's not deemed acceptable to ask them to sort out their ladygarden. I speak from cold, hard, sexless experience.

She's not wrong. If you have a proper argument to present other than burbling "shite" feel free to elaborate

Nah, I've had too many years of banging my head off virtual brick walls with nasty little right-wingers to know it's a pointless exercise arguing politics. Other than pointing out the fact that it's shite that's being spouted, I'm not interested enough to have a pissing contest about it. There's more to life.

• Upvote 1

Nah, I've had too many years of banging my head off virtual brick walls with nasty little right-wingers to know it's a pointless exercise arguing politics. Other than pointing out the fact that it's shite that's being spouted, I'm not interested enough to have a pissing contest about it. There's more to life.

I object to being called a "nasty little right-winger". If people are ignorant enough to think that striking is the best and most effective format of self-expression then more fool them in my opinion. Hell, i've watched one too many nasty little left-wingers make absolute cunts of themselves in the past by being completely hypocritical and bumping their gums when the shit hits the fan.

I don't agree that striking is a product of ignorance. It is a wonderful trick to get people believing that workers who object to wage cuts, drastic changes in terms & conditions etc should just shut up and be thankful that they have a job at all. Union-busting in America is one of the most insidious aspects of corporate life and is making inroads here.

I'm in a Union, I have been out on strike. At the risk of sounding naive, you'll have to prise the right to do so from my cold dead hands.

I don't agree that striking is a product of ignorance. It is a wonderful trick to get people believing that workers who object to wage cuts, drastic changes in terms & conditions etc should just shut up and be thankful that they have a job at all. Union-busting in America is one of the most insidious aspects of corporate life and is making inroads here.

I'm in a Union, I have been out on strike. At the risk of sounding naive, you'll have to prise the right to do so from my cold dead hands.

What have you achieved by striking?

That's perilously close to sounding condescending...

I work for Edinburgh Council, specifically in education. We had two individual strike days, months apart, with the full support of the rector etc. I'm afraid I can't condone the demonising of unions and industrial action.

So, to clarify, industrial action at the end of a prolonged series of talks, supported by management, culminated in a retroactive pay rise, therefore implicitly acknowledging the validity of our initial grievance. This is a good thing, albeit a longwinded one.

I work for Edinburgh Council, specifically in education. We had two individual strike days, months apart, with the full support of the rector etc. I'm afraid I can't condone the demonising of unions and industrial action.

So, to clarify, industrial action at the end of a prolonged series of talks, supported by management, culminated in a retroactive pay rise, therefore implicitly acknowledging the validity of our initial grievance. This is a good thing, albeit a longwinded one.

How would you feel if someone in another sector loses their job as a result. The money isn't always sitting around in a big Scrooge McDuck style tank, it's got to come from somewhere else.

I'm not saying your grievance isn't justified i'm just saying that there may be a reason why you weren't getting what you wanted and that it may have knock-on effects elsewhere.

True and True, just very inconvenient as the superviser isn't always about as you may learn when something goes wrong or a customer is unsatisfied (maybe with his amount of change for example) and the cashier has to first find the supervisor, who is often away doing other stuff. In all honesty, work a 9hour shift on tills in morrisons, you will all want to launch yourself across the checkout and start ripping the eyes out of the 97th guy to hand you a 20.

What is your policy for customers wishing to pay with 50 notes and 100 notes?

No. I'm one of the people who pays in 20

thats cause your a rich cunt, i love 20s in my wallet, the 5s and 10s are smaller and dont line up in the same way.

I hate people who take a wad of fivers and count them like they have a substantual amount

your kidding yourself

Do these people keep money in their mattresses do you think? I can't recall the last time I handed money to a Morrisons employee, I card everything. Fuck, I don't even like speaking to you guys (no offence, I would have the same attitude if I had to deal with throwbacks all day) and typically hit the self-service line when I can.

It annoys me people who seem to rely on the debit card to pay for everything. personally i dont trust the banks with my money and wouldn't go about with no money on my person. due to the fact is i never know whats going to happen to me if something expected comes up and i need cash instantly, johnny machines dont have a bit to put your card in yet

It might be all they got given from the cash machine. I tried to draw out 1.14 for a loaf of bread, but I couldn't find the decimal point key anywhere.

if you had your debit card with you why would you try to withdraw 1.14 for a loaf of bread to avoid having to use a 20 when you could just use the card at the till.

plus paying 1.14 for a loaf of bread? jesus was it 3 feet long?

that is an unreasonable amount for something as simple as bread

I hate the question "What kind of music are you into?"

Like you're only allowed to say one thing.

"Well I like punk"

"mm hmmmm"

"And I like...."

"No! You said punk!"

similarly it annoys me when i ask "what kind of music do you like?" to someone

the usual response is "anything really"

to which point im thinking "you wouldnt appreciate messhugah"

Guy at my work has the radio on all day, every day, and about once or twice a day, he'll say "Do you like (name of band playing)?". 9.9 times out of 10, I say no, because it's usually terrible. He will then usually say "You don't like very much music do you?". I'm not sure sarcasm really clicks with him, because the last time I answered this, I said "No, I hate music". "How can you hate music?" he exasperated! As he asked this, the song changed, and I said "Aw, I love this song". Now he doesn't know where I'm coming from and pointless music chatter about radio bilge has halted. Great stuff.

my work its either radio 1 or northsound 1

I hate both with a passion but prefer radio 1 than northsound if it's one or the other.

sometimes i put on absolute radio if the signal doesnt go funny with it and everyone is usually happy including me

however I've put it on planet rock an few times and its an uproar,

usually faced with "nae listening to your shite again"

planet rock in my opinion isnt really heavy rock, and listenable

id understand if they played sunn o))) or SYL for example, but the "rock" they play is very mainstream

I hate it how its acceptable for me to have to listen to their shite usually every day but ive never got past an hour on planet rock

I heard the new biffy song 6 times today on the radio and thats annoying, I want to hear the song mountains for a change, oh wait they played that 6 times a day 6 months ago but i seldom hear it thesedays, its sad :(

Leaving aside the fact that a relatively small increase to an hourly wage is very unlikely to result in unemployment elsewhere in the school, it's a tricky argument.

If you mean that as a result of the postal strike (for example) people who run mail order businesses might go under (I say this as a previous owner of just such a business) the yes, that is a concern, but surely one that validates the importance of the role of the postal service and its employees who deserve suitable renumeration?

In the public sector on the other hand, there is so much money available for quangos, trams, jollies, ect etc etc that if someone were to lose their job ostensibly because their money had gone to cover minor wage increases elsewhere they would not only probably have a fair case for unfair dismissal but the council would face such a backlash that they would effectively make themselves unelectable. An extreme case I know, but I think your suggestion is pretty extreme too.

So, going forward are you prepared to accept wage freezes or cuts in light of the downward pressure on wages caused by deflation?

EDIT: in response to Fatboy. I didn't quote cos the quote was massive.

You're assuming I have a debit card. I guess you didn't read the Bank Charges thread where I stated the bank won't even give me one. I don't blame you, it was a pissboring thread, and my post wasn't even on topic. But no. I don't have one. If I want to buy some food, I have to draw the money out from a machine with an electronic card, and use the money in a shop that stocks just about everything, like some fucking caveman.

And also, very obviously, I didn't try to withdraw 1.14. That was a joke I made. The amount was a guess, although branded bread is over a quid these days so it seems... Although in the response to a quote above mine, you say it annoys you that people rely on a debit card, but then ask why I didn't use mine, the one I don't even own. If I had one, I certainly wouldn't be using it to buy bread, since most cashiers will look at you like you've crowned the conveyor belt with a tight, curly turd if you use a debit card to buy something that cost less than a fiver. Alot of places won't even let you at all.

However, if a checkout clerk has got a problem with my legal tender, they can take it up with my bank.